• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Juan Arango

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Cesc Fabregas has urged Arsène Wenger to sign £14m-rated attacking midfielder Juan Arango.

Gunners boss Wenger has sent scouts to watch the Mallorca star and they have been impressed with his scoring ability.

Tottenham tried to sign Arango, 27, in 2006. But he's now at the top of Wenger's wish-list with the growing rumours that he could lose Mathieu Flamini to Real Madrid or Juventus in the summer. Arango has a deal with Mallorca until 2010, but the right offer would see the club cash in
www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_head ... _page.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Arango

Juan Arango

Personal information
Full name Juan Fernando Arango Sáenz
Date of birth May 16, 1980 (1980-05-16) (age 27)
Place of birth Maracay, Venezuela
Height 1.79 m (5 ft 10+1⁄2 in)
Playing position Attacking Midfielder
Club information

Kaizenbury

Pires was quite old, when he was bought, and so was Wiltord. Maybe, Wenger's trying another conversion with this Arango guy, and wants him as a winger. Why is that the possibility of Flamini leaving and signing a CAM, have been given as a cause-effect statement. Or can this Arango guy play as a DM? Maybe another example of lazy journalism. :roll:

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Kaizenbury said:
Pires was quite old, when he was bought, and so was Wiltord. Maybe, Wenger's trying another conversion with this Arango guy, and wants him as a winger. Why is that the possibility of Flamini leaving and signing a CAM, have been given as a cause-effect statement. Or can this Arango guy play as a DM? Maybe another example of lazy journalism. :roll:

The last time Wenger got anyone that old was 8 years ago. I just don't see it happening again.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
he can play on the wings very well, so i am ok with this signing

Jaded

I don't know what he has anything to do with Flamini leaving because they both plays in different position. Arango normally plays as a second striker behind Güiza, sorta has the freedom to roam anywhere in the final third. Normally he will play on the right hand side because he always love to cut in and curl with his sweet left foot.

A Very, very consistent player, but i just don't see how he will fit in at Arsenal. He's not really a winger, not really a striker. I guess when Cesc reportedly urges Arsène to buy Arango, maybe because he will address the scoring problem from midfield. Not exactly fast, nor a good dribbler. What he really good at is his positioning, his finishing and his very high work rate.

If Arsène looking for someone like that, maybe the likes of Sergio Garcia of Zaragoza fits the bill, younger and cheaper.

nidza7

Established Member
God's Son said:
Kaizenbury said:

The last time Wenger got anyone that old was 8 years ago. I just don't see it happening again.

Gallas?

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If there's anyone Cesc may urge Wenger to sign, it can only be Cesc's mates in Barca academy. Another nonnews from tabloid People.

Glovegun

Established Member
Hes 27 - not even at his peak yet. I wouldnt class him as old. Im not sure what sort of player he is (despite signing him on footy manager lol) but that would give us at least 3/4 years out of him. Wasnt Edu about that age when we signed him?

True Gooner

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
Gurgen said:
Cesc Fabregas has urged Wenger to sign him? :lol:

Cesc should urged David Silva or Villa to Wenger. :lol:

True...or he should have tapped up Messi again..:lol:

Ive seen him play a few times, but hes never impressed me much. His passing is pretty neat and he seems strong enough. But I wouldnt believe that we're actually going to sign him
I remember him scoring a great goal not so long ago though..

stuart

Established Member
Lancelot said:
nidza7 said:
I know, I just tried to be smart for a moment.

:D
Well, technically speaking, I reckon that you were being smart there, mate. ;)

get in there nidza! *high five*

;)

Never heard of this character but why would Fabregas be reccomending to Wenger who to sign? If Wengers told someone to sign its more than likely he will sign his cousins boyfriends brothers nephew just for the sheer sake of being stubborn lol

Pádraig

Gurgen said:
Cesc Fabregas has urged Wenger to sign him? :lol:

Exactly. Is Cesc our new scout or something?

Goal scoring ability sounds good, though. Maybe he could replace Rosicky if things don't turn out well, or they could just rotate seeing as Tomas is injured so often.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom