• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurrien Timber: ACL Injury, Back in Training

MikeVinna

Established Member
So it’s just Zinny/Tomi that arent in full training?

That training vid does make me nervous watching Timber play but they wouldn’t let him train fully if he wasn’t ready I suppose.

Topside

If Jurrien is close to returning to full training by the end of say the international break at end of next month he and the physios have obviously put in a tremendous amount of hard work.

To undo all that by pushing him too quickly is not a risk the player or club will want to take, 6 weeks time if he's close to even making the bench he will have done a tremendous job, rehab wise. It will all be carefully managed.

Mentality overcoming physically big injuries also huge, he seems made of the right stuff.

I remember Granit Xhaka knee ligament injury expected to be out 3 months minimum, came back in two months.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If Jurrien is close to returning to full training by the end of say the international break at end of next month he and the physios have obviously put in a tremendous amount of hard work.
By the looks of the training video he is back already in full training. Arteta did however say he still needs more time before he can be considered for match day squads. I hope we stay ultra cautious as I'm a bit worried we might rush him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's finally back...

gettyimages-1543005250-3279x4405.jpg

View attachment 22083
20240229_220155.jpg

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
As a club you shouldn't try to stop or talk a player out of playing for their country at a major tournament.

If he was touch and go to be fit for the tournament then fair enough, but not when he's going to be back with a few months to go to the Euros.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The reason why he didn't join us when we were pursuing Martinez was because of the World Cup, right? This would be good for his rehab, tbh.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't see what the problem is, as long as the Dutch management agrees to take it easy with him. Play him very cautiously and never full 90 minutes.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The reason why he didn't join us when we were pursuing Martinez was because of the World Cup, right? This would be good for his rehab, tbh.

Was thinking this as well, lads barely played in a year, if anything you want him getting matches under his belt.

Topside

Its simply very early to call it either way his possible contribution to the Dutch euro campaign.

Has to get back playing for us first then it goes from there.

For a player to be say 8 months out and instantly be at the level they were previously is unrealistic. If he is getting mins with Arsenal, he goes to the euros in the squad, play every three days potential 95-100m, be getting a muscle injury quickly.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

As a club you shouldn't try to stop or talk a player out of playing for their country at a major tournament.

If he was touch and go to be fit for the tournament then fair enough, but not when he's going to be back with a few months to go to the Euros.

Yeah we don't have a leg to stand on if he comes starts playing minutes for us in April for example.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom