• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Jurrien Timber

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

That’s just an assumption. No manager just keep a CB in place all season because he did well start of the season. Arteta had no problem benching nketiah when Jesus came back. He would have benched Saliba when Tomiyasu came back if he believed he was better. It could very well be Ben was planned to move to rb in pre season. I think Ben will lose his RB spot next

So is this.

CannonBals

He got lucky that Saliba took the opportunity well. Surely after the first few games it was clear that Arteta rates him higher. Just look at the new contract he is getting.
And i do agree that if Tomiyasu had not been injured we may have seen very less of Saliba as rotating is not Artetas forte.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
We got to be pleased with this, another player very comfortable with the ball, versatile, will help with our playstyle and with world class potential if he can settle here. Wonder where it leaves Tomiyasu who when fit was a very good player, especially loved his ability on both feet to do long switches of play into Saka/Martinelli on each flank.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We got to be pleased with this, another player very comfortable with the ball, versatile, will help with our playstyle and with world class potential if he can settle here. Wonder where it leaves Tomiyasu who when fit was a very good player, especially loved his ability on both feet to do long switches of play into Saka/Martinelli on each flank.
As a backup to Saliba and someone who can come in late to help protect a lead in a back 5.

Badger_Revenge

Check it out :lol:

His ability to turn away from defenders is quite impressive. Also his ability to drive into small spaces between defenders. Takes some risks though, which can be costly in the prem. It would interesting to see a whole match compilation to see if his risks ever turn into turnovers.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
His ability to turn away from defenders is quite impressive. Also his ability to drive into small spaces between defenders. Takes some risks though, which can be costly in the prem. It would interesting to see a whole match compilation to see if his risks ever turn into turnovers.

He is an amazing talent, can promise the guys on here he will be very very good.
I also think my dutch friends here will confirm that.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm sure they do on occasion but as we saw last season, Saliba is the best security blanket in the league so just like he was often left to cover for White's overlaps that went awry, I'm sure he can cover for Timber who has vastly superior recovery pace to White anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom