• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i liked his performance today the problem he should be CF he had more chances than our actual striker ffs. i believe he had 3 attempts and tow were decent one. G,jesus got one and was outside the Wolves box

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's clearly better up front but he works hard wherever he plays and at least seemed to get a bit more on his strikes today. I sincerely hope however that he's played as a 9 the next two games. We cannot keep messing around. We have 5 finals to play.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Thought this was perhaps the best I've seem him play in midfield tbh.
Yeah he isn't as terrible in midfield as people are making it out. But his strengths are better utilised as the focal point of attack. In midfield ideally you should be able to dribble effortlessly, keeping hold of the ball or being able to make defence splitting passes. Those are his weaknesses. Whereas finding gaps, moving into pockets of space, one touch passes, and having a physical presence are great skills to have if you operate in or around the penalty area.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Havertz' strength is finding space, and is being allowed to drift across the front 5. The problems come in when he drops into midfield to help build play, particularly in midblock situations. Teams are looking to surround him when he drops because they know his touch isnt sublime and turnovers can be won. Even when he plays a simple wall pass.

We need him across the front 3, roaming across the front 3. He can drop into midfield situationally, but I'd prefer that to be pattern based (an attacking pattern that requires him to have a defender follow him).

What we need in the summer is an 8, that can hold, carry and distribute the ball in tight areas.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Havertz' strength is finding space, and is being allowed to drift across the front 5. The problems come in when he drops into midfield to help build play, particularly in midblock situations. Teams are looking to surround him when he drops because they know his touch isnt sublime and turnovers can be won. Even when he plays a simple wall pass.

We need him across the front 3, roaming across the front 3. He can drop into midfield situationally, but I'd prefer that to be pattern based (an attacking pattern that requires him to have a defender follow him).

What we need in the summer is an 8, that can hold, carry and distribute the ball in tight areas.

I actually want to see Arteta having Ode to drift to the left more next season, and Kai could drop to RCM randomly in the game.

Ode could help moving the ball on the left, and Kai operates as RCM better than as LCM. We have seen before that Kai interchanging with Saka and allows Saka to drift into middle.

As of now, yes our players are interchanging but there are some areas are still rigid And predictable.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Inverted 8 una
It doesn't even make grammatical sense. In fact, it's a case of tautology. Inverted in football terms means moving toward the central position starting from out wide. How does a midfielder invert when they're already in a central position?

Reactions: A_G

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I really like him I think he’s such a unique footballer.

He must improve and become more consistent but I’ve seen enough to believe we need him in the starting 11 most games.

I wouldn’t have him up front directly but I’d have him around another striker.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

What do we need him for exactly? Let's imagine we get that fancy new 8 who distributes the ball for fun, what's the purpose of Havertz then?

If we control games better next season with a stronger midfield, the only thing we would miss is for someone to share the burden of scoring goals with Saka, and Havertz is not that and never will be, which would hint at a new expensive LF.

Basically you are saying we need a top LCM and a top LF to accommodate Havertz in CF role, which is an absolute disaster all things considered

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I have said it before but what I really like about him is the thing most people hate him for...minimal touches on the ball. We have too many players who just take too many touches when a simple one touch pass can set up a big chance. For the Ødegaard goal he gave a simple pass to Martin, if that was Martinelli, Saka or Jesus they would most likely take too many touches and either the recipient would be offside or a defender would get a foot in. Unlucky not to get an assist.
He definitely brings us some unique qualities up front. He’s a catalyst always looking to accelerate that can make things happen sometimes in not-obvious ways.

But also this is why he’s a really bad fit in midfield where players need to be able to affect tempo. At times you need to hold onto the ball and give another player time and a chance to make a run and unlock a position on the pitch. Kai’s whole game is built around being “that player”.

I wouldn’t have him up front directly but I’d have him around another striker.

I think you’ve said this before as well that you envision him at the top of a diamond etc? It could work but not with Ødegaard as well as it leaves us too short in midfield as we’ve seen this season already. And you don’t drop Ødegaard for Kai…

We need 3 midfielders, OR we need change our shape completely and attack down the wings with overlapping fullbacks.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We need 3 midfielders, OR we need change our shape completely and attack down the wings with overlapping fullbacks.
I honestly can't believe people suggest that, absolute madness to change what is working for us just so Havertz could have a role

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom