• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

elemoo

What about Trossard at False 9 instead of Nketiah?

Trossard is slow and for me, not great out of posession from a defensive standpoint. I'd even argue Trossard is better coming on against tired legs after Havertz has tired the opposition out.

I agree tho, better than Nketiah.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I said a month ago when he was being hyped. People will have different view end of the season

The “I told you so” came too early 😂

Not even trying to act shameless or anything but this signing wasn’t what we needed. Not going to try and act like he hasn’t helped us this season but it’s something you’d expect from a big money signing.

Rattata

He's back to being a slightly better Eddie Nketiah. But let's look at the positives this should mean we could sell Eddie for around 50 million if my math is correct.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He shouldn't be a starter. He has a function and he makes sense in certain fixtures but he's not a nailed on starter in either position for a team with real ambition at the top level. It potentially becomes a better signing if the correct signings are made in the summer which allow the team to actually attack in multiple ways, particularly with pace.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The “I told you so” came too early 😂

Not even trying to act shameless or anything but this signing wasn’t what we needed. Not going to try and act like he hasn’t helped us this season but it’s something you’d expect from a big money signing.
He did something amazing start of the season. He played so bad that he couldn’t lower the expectations and every little thing he did was celebrated as he can do something. But in the end most fans didn’t want him when we were linked and our initial thoughts were correct

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What pains me the most is that he stayed on for the whole 90 minutes despite offering nothing. Arteta would move mountains to make this transfer work, and I find that upsetting because his ego comes ahead of the club.
I agree with you in theory but who was going to come on? Nketiah?

elemoo

Havertz was the least of our problems in attack tonight - Saka and Martinelli were invisible most of the time and didn’t even attempt to link play with him and we didn’t use him as a target man.

Poor game from Kai today but it would be the same for whoever you stuck ther.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
A bit slow to those direct balls, if he was able to get onto those, we’d have scored a few these last 2 games.

Will reserve judgement on his season once it’s played out, these last 2 games probably a dampener on his impact, but he has been alright. We see his strengths and weaknesses, and now know where best to play him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
At CF he has been solid for us. Can't really complain.
I think we can complain and this was a game where solid wasn't good enough. For an academy grad or someone cheap, he would get a pass from me even when he isn't doing much, but his salary is extreme and we did pay a lot of money so I expect a lot more.

Think you can compare it with Trossard, a player who will contribute some 15 goals a season mostly from rotating, and is not a full package or a starter, for a reasonable price.

Prob the most important aspect of pro football is the financial side and this was a piss-poor job

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom