• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

elemoo

Lol judging a player based on how much they earn is proper low resolution thinking. You think if Saka was sold to Man C and put on double the wages he’d suddenly be a better player?!

The market and club structures dictate fees, simple as that. Toney might not be a €100mil player for some yet Brentford might disagree, yet Oshimen also at €100mil might seem a better buy.

Haaland and Grealish aren’t exactly living up to their wages this season if you go by that ‘higher wages = better player”. Every team will always have players deemed to ‘worth’ more/less by fans.

Personally I think Havertz is better value than what we were prepared to pay for someone like Mudryk. Think we should also consider he officially moved to CF only 4 months ago - surely you’d give at least the full next season before you can make a case for/against?

bakaboo

His flaw was exposed by Bayern tactics. Bayern positioning squeeze the life out of our attackers, no passing lane to link up. Kai could do nothing even if he drop back as he could not pass well under pressure, and no space for him to "invade".

Anyway, Arteta got to shoulder at least 1/2 of the responsibility why we lose to Bayern. He did not adjust accordingly to Bayern tactics.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This is like going to the shop for a little refreshing exotic drink that does rainbow flicks in your mouth (no Diddy) on a hot summers day and walking out with a loaf of bread. Bruh!

Overall this signing has been dead asf. Not even going to sugarcoat it anymore.

Menard

If the "system" is ticking and we're able to get cut backs and good crosses into the box, and he's able to drop and find 1 touch linkups around the area then he looks good, but if the system isn't ticking he's simply doesn't have the quality to pull something magic out of his hat like RVP, Dennis, Henry, etc. It's as simple at that to me.

It's easy to understand why coaches love him because he's smart tactically, physical, puts in a shift, and is willing to do whatever job on the pitch the manager asks, but he just has no X factor. If you surround him with players who do have that bit of magic it becomes less of an issue, but unless we sign like 2 top electric wingers over the summer (one for the left and that can rotate with Saka) then I would dread starting the season with him as our 9.

pireshenry

If the "system" is ticking and we're able to get cut backs and good crosses into the box, and he's able to drop and find 1 touch linkups around the area then he looks good, but if the system isn't ticking he's simply doesn't have the quality to pull something magic out of his hat like RVP, Dennis, Henry, etc. It's as simple at that to me.

It's easy to understand why coaches love him because he's smart tactically, physical, puts in a shift, and is willing to do whatever job on the pitch the manager asks, but he just has no X factor. If you surround him with players who do have that bit of magic it becomes less of an issue, but unless we sign like 2 top electric wingers over the summer (one for the left and that can rotate with Saka) then I would dread starting the season with him as our 9.
Yes. The whole team underperformed and it stifled his game. We really need Saka and Martinelli firing again.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

This is spot on.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I hear exactly the same things from Utd and Liverpool supporters regarding Hojlund and Darwin Nunez.

For me, I don’t think they’re all worth the hassle.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah, pretty accurate. The whole system thing is a two-way street, though. It's not just the system benefiting Havertz, it's also the reverse. He clearly improves how the system is ticking when he's out there.

Basically, Havertz is a ceiling raiser rather than a floor raiser. If the team is doing well, he'll take them even higher. If the team isn't doing well, he won't do things that change this. He'll add to the flood but won't put the fire away.

We definitely need a premium winger and LCM, because the system is currently too prone to not ticking when going gets difficult. Need more quality.

Last edited:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This is like going to the shop for a little refreshing exotic drink that does rainbow flicks in your mouth (no Diddy) on a hot summers day and walking out with a loaf of bread. Bruh!

Overall this signing has been dead asf. Not even going to sugarcoat it anymore.
That 65 million could of bought us a game changing attacker. No joke Havertz is the worst passing attacker i have ever seen. He is a big reason Martinelli and Saka are having worse years this year than last. He is a bad striker and an even worse midfielder. I told everyone our season was doomed when we bought this guy

elemoo

That 65 million could of bought us a game changing attacker. No joke Havertz is the worst passing attacker i have ever seen. He is a big reason Martinelli and Saka are having worse years this year than last. He is a bad striker and an even worse midfielder. I told everyone our season was doomed when we bought this guy

You’re not really adding anything new here tho just copy/paste of many of your prev posts, which is unfortunate bcos it doesn’t add much value in such a way it reads as though you are distracted from the conversation at hand. Bigging yourself up for ‘I told you so‘ points is kinda weird imo.

Shame really as I have seen u ale posts that are either good banter or allow for dialogue.

Farzad Stoned

You’re not really adding anything new here tho just copy/paste of many of your prev posts, which is unfortunate bcos it doesn’t add much value in such a way it reads as though you are distracted from the conversation at hand. Bigging yourself up for ‘I told you so‘ points is kinda weird imo.

Shame really as I have seen u ale posts that are either good banter or allow for dialogue.
It is Mik’s fault not Kai’s really. Mik can’t rate players. Kai isn’t the first player who isn’t good enough who he signs, resigns, and keeps playing. Kai is symptom. Before him there was Willian, Holding, Edfie, and Mo. players Mik believed could do a job who clearly couldn’t. Even Jesus and Zinny have been poor buys.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The club and our fans have their priorities wrong with these signings. Every window you have people on here bantering others for wanting ballers and placing too much focus on things like pressing, height, duels etc when first and foremost we should be looking at whether they can play football and their technical level, other things should be an added bonus.

Too many system players for my liking and Kai is another example of that. If we want our fortunes to change in a game like last night then that system needs to be adapted to fit in one or two ballers who will be allowed to express themselves and create a moment of magic from nothing - can’t see it happening anytime soon or ever under this regime.

Farzad Stoned

The club and our fans have their priorities wrong with these signings. Every window you have people on here bantering others for wanting ballers and placing too much focus on things like pressing, height, duels etc when first and foremost we should be looking at whether they can play football and their technical level, other things should be an added bonus.

Too many system players for my liking and Kai is another example of that. If we want our fortunes to change in a game like last night then that system needs to be adapted to fit in one or two ballers who will be allowed to express themselves and create a moment of magic from nothing - can’t see it happening anytime soon or ever under this regime.
Bravo. Exactly; we lack technical players. One or two players get hurt snd now Mik’s system doesn’t work. The best managers are tactically flexible despite having an overriding style. They are tactically flexible because you have to rotate players and deal with injury. Wenger didn’t want to play Flamini at fullback he had to. Mik has no tactical flexibility.

And he doesn’t value technical players enough. If he did he would have never passed up on kudus or Simmons for less money to jam this plodder into our midfield. The bozo Mik played in midfield he doesn’t know you got to be able to make a simple through ball to play that position and Kai can’t.

Xoxo

Lucas perez> havertz

Martesacer would make a better midfieldier than him while giroud is miles ahead of him

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Lucas perez> havertz

Martesacer would make a better midfieldier than him while giroud is miles ahead of him
tbh I always thought Lucas Perez did ok when he got game time, but Wenger almost gave him the Park treatment after the first season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think we can fit in a maverick in the team now , there is so much pressing power and defensive power , we can afford an Overmars or a Pires .

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Havertz is a project for Arteta. We didn't need a project. He had a fine run of form recently but the club went wildly in the wrong direction.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom