• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It was the best CF game of his career and so nice it was against his old club. Don't expect that too often from him though

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Can people stop with this, he was never meant to be a LCM. Partey’s injury literally forced us to use him there.
Those who were wrong about Havertz, won't stop it. It's the only thing they can cling to.

It's a bit similar as those who were wrong about Arteta, keep reminding that he hasn't "won anything with his own team". Even if he won FA Cup with a team that was 11th when he came, and only finished 8th. So it was a miracle performance, and they can't have it both ways. Or mentioning that he has spent so much, when everyone else has also, and have not nearly as much development to show for it.

They will keep saying it, and Arteta will keep playing him in midfield whenever needed, because he was bought for his versatility and football IQ etc. And he will be at least okay there, like thus far, and Arsenal will keep competing for trophies. But he will likely be even better.

Regarding last night, one can now see how other players have started to pick his runs behind the lines. He is a monster in this. He and the team have now pretty well adjusted to each other. Havertz also showed a few nice fast flick passes last night, even if it didn't succeed every time, which can't be expected as they are difficult.

Last edited:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Can people stop with this, he was never meant to be a LCM. Partey’s injury literally forced us to use him there.

Second striker/just behind the striker making those lovely runs.

I said he’d achieve 15-20 G/A with us this season and was laughed out this thread.

I. Know. Ball.

Didn't Mikel say he was a midfielder in pre season? And play him as a midfielder for pre season and the first half of the season? Until Jesus got injured in fact. Or did I miss something? Plans can change and it can take time to fit a player into a team but let's not be dishonest.

Jamie99

Player:Ødegaard

Second striker/just behind the striker making those lovely runs.
I remember Arteta referring to Partey as "super important" when rumors of him being available for sale was making the rounds in the media in the summer. I'm of the opinion that Partey, Ødegaard and Rice was the go to midfield choice all along with Havertz up front and making those runs from midfield like we saw in the Community Shield game, but the Gabriel to Saudi Arabia rumors and Partey's injuries forced Arteta to try different approaches and adapt, which although wasn't quite fluid as we'd expect but still got us to this point where we're challenging for the title with 4 games left.

Whatever side of the divide you lean on with regards to Kai's transfer and the team setup sometimes, one thing we can agree on is that this team is still making significant progress with it and will only get better as they continue to play together and the few issues left in the squad is gradually addressed.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I'm fairly sure our season opening was Partey starting as RB to accommodate Havertz in mid. You gonna ignore that pretending that you know what the plan was like being the best buddy of Mikel?

*Sigh*

Correct, so Partey moves into midfield and Havertz plays up higher.

drippin

Didn't Mikel say he was a midfielder in pre season? And play him as a midfielder for pre season and the first half of the season? Until Jesus got injured in fact. Or did I miss something? Plans can change and it can take time to fit a player into a team but let's not be dishonest.
He said his versatility is one of his main qualities, and that he currently plays attacking midfield, but that Arteta is sure he will be used in different positions throughout the season. So yeah, let's not be dishonest, please.

He also played CF against City in the Community Shield, before the injuries to Timber and Partey.
Havertz scored the final goal of the game but the German’s versatility was praised.

Arteta: “I think again that’s one of the main qualities that he has. He gives us something different with his quality and his height where he can be a target man if we need to beat the press,” said Arteta.

He’s playing at the attacking midfield position for now but I’m sure throughout the season he’ll be used in different positions.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
*Sigh*

Correct, so Partey moves into midfield and Havertz plays up higher.
Ahh is that it, basically taking away Partey's strengths like quick transition and breaking the press with one move, shifting him to a RB where he only moves to a midfield when the opposition is already in its own half with 10 players just so your boy Havertz might have a purpose in midfield (moving up) even though he doesn't have any dribbling or passing skills to be useful in that role. I hear you fam

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Next buy Muddy and coach him.
Havertz is the clearest example of just how much your teammates, managers, system and other intangibles can impact a players performance levels.

Wenger used to say there’s no such thing as a bad player at this level, you can kind of see that.

There are definitely some talented players in Europe with unimpressive stats who would hit world class numbers here *cough* LW *cough* I just hope we sign the right ones.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Thought he was excellent. Didn't follow AM during the game and I thought first half he was frustrating but did alright, second half was something else.

If he could replicate that 2nd half on a more regular basis he'd be perfect for us.

He's been at that level a few games this season. Gotta run with him for a while given the **** striker market no?

I fear we'll massively overpay for a mediocre striker and force Havertz back to 8 and all that mess will happen again. REALLY hope not

jaystewart

Don’t do this to yourself.

There are entire articles from the club’s mouthpiece making it very clear he was signed to be our LCM, we even bought Rice to account for it.
We were plotting Rice and/or Caicedo from at least January. Havertz came out of no where, it was a smash and grab amongst Bayern/Madrid interest. It is absurd to suggest we signed a 110m defensive midfielder to accomadate Havertz. I can't ever recall any team signing a player to accomodate another they just brought to the club, let alone ones costing 100m+.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We were plotting Rice and/or Caicedo from at least January. Havertz came out of no where, it was a smash and grab amongst Bayern/Madrid interest. It is absurd to suggest we signed a 110m defensive midfielder to accomadate Havertz. I can't ever recall any team signing a player to accomodate another they just brought to the club, let alone ones costing 100m+.
I’ll repeat, the club’s mouthpiece outlined the tactical plans for the season, how signing a player like Rice who is a monster defensively and can cover large amounts of space allow us to accommodate two attacking midfielders.

Just cos you can’t recall something doesn’t mean you’re not wrong.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Love him but still think we could do a lot more damage with an elite no 9

drippin

There are entire articles from the club’s mouthpiece making it very clear he was signed to be our LCM, we even bought Rice to account for it.
So lets listen to what we assume are "club's mouthpieces", rather than Arteta himself very clearly said in the beginning, and used him at CF vs. City very successfully from the start.

I shared above the quotes from Arteta. One of his main qualities was being versatile according to him from the start. He emphasized that. He said he is sure that he will play different positions throughout the season.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

So lets listen to what we assume are "club's mouthpieces", rather than Arteta himself very clearly said in the beginning, and used him at CF vs. City very successfully from the start.

I shared above the quotes from Arteta. One of his main qualities was being versatile according to him from the start. He emphasized that. He said he is sure that he will play different positions throughout the season.
Don’t do this man

Even just taking a simple approach to transfers. Xhaka out Havertz in. What does that tell you?

Arteta saying he can play at CF, vs him playing half of the season at LCM, shunting Partey to RB to accommodate him and also trying to sell Partey in summer.

Tbh I’m not gonna argue with you, believe what you want, you’re wrong though.

drippin

Don’t do this man
Do what? Can you argue about it, or not?

People here are sometimes so dishonest, even when the evidence is obvious to everyone and laid infront of them.

Arteta bought Havertz in big part because of his versatility, just like he said, and has proved this season.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I think we need to take the temperature of the forum on this.

@albakos @El Duderino @A_G could we have a poll for “Things I would rather see than Kai Havertz in midfield” ?

Options should be:

1) Arteta x Salt Bae
2) Our parents being intimate
3) @Riou irl
4) @jones and @Farzad Stoned mud wrestling

Last edited:

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I clearly remember Arteta saying he wants him in midfield too. Everyone's assumption was that he was going to be used as an LCM.

He started the charity shield at 9 but then went back to LCM

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom