• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I clearly remember Arteta saying he wants him in midfield too. Everyone's assumption was that he was going to be used as an LCM.

He started the charity shield at 9 but then went back to LCM
Bring the quotes.

No one can disprove the quotes I put about Arteta emphasizing his versatility and that he was sure that Havertz will play different positions throughout the seeason. He said he is sure about it during pre-season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I clearly remember Arteta saying he wants him in midfield too. Everyone's assumption was that he was going to be used as an LCM.

He started the charity shield at 9 but then went back to LCM
Yeah I’m not gonna engage. It’s just two people who for some reason don’t want to admit what was clear to basically everyone here :lol:

drippin

Yeah I’m not gonna engage. It’s just two people who for some reason don’t want to admit what was clear to basically everyone here :lol:
It's because you're wrong, so you can't argue about it. Or bring proof like I did.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He's a lot more bearable up front but that first half showed it's not enough. He does that in a title deciding game again where we don't have other chances and it's game over. It's all in his head though, we know he can finish unlike Jesus.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Bring the quotes.

No one can disprove the quotes I put about Arteta emphasizing his versatility and that he was sure that Havertz will play different positions throughout the seeason. He said he is sure about it during pre-season.

Following his arrival, Arteta said: "Kai is a player of top quality. He has great versatility and is an intelligent player.

"He will bring a huge amount of extra strength to our midfield and variety to our play."

He was even listed as a MF on the club website.

I don't have a dog in this fight as I haven't even read all the posts. I just assumed we all knew he was brought in primarily with the vision of him as the LCM

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I'm rewatching the chances he got and could have got yesterday. The more our players spot his runs, then he's going to be prolific.

1. For the first goal he was on the last defenders shoulder all the way and moved into the middle as Trossard shot perfectly positioned. If the shot was spilled he was perfectly positioned for the rebound

2. Receives the ball from White with his back to goal, turns and puts it to the nearside corner. Decent effort, in another game maybe it goes in.

3. Havertz gets in space and Ødegaard gives him a ball to run onto. The keeper suffocates him but in another day maybe it goes in

4. First goal was immense. He receives it shoulder to shoulder with the defender and bullies the defender to get his shot away

5. Second goal, gets the ball out from his feet to make the shot inside the post. It was similar to his first shot that was saved.

6. There was a chance IIRC where Ødegaard had Rice and Havertz in front of him and he picked our Rice who I think was in a worse position. I think this was before Havertz 1st goal. Hopefully, Ødegaard is going to look and pick out Havertz runs now he's having success. The more you feed him, the more he'll score

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Don’t do this to yourself.

There are entire articles from the club’s mouthpiece making it very clear he was signed to be our LCM, we even bought Rice to account for it.

Yet we didn’t set up like that with a fully fit squad did we? It was a 31213 with Kai the top of the diamond.

drippin

Following his arrival, Arteta said: "Kai is a player of top quality. He has great versatility and is an intelligent player.

"He will bring a huge amount of extra strength to our midfield and variety to our play."

He was even listed as a MF on the club website
Yes, so again he mentions his versatility. On top of saying he is sure he will play different positions throughout the season. So he wasn't about as to play only midfield. It is clear.

He mentions his strength in midfield, and also in the article I shared he mentions him being a target man. This does not mean he was bought only to midfield, but that he emphasizes his qualities that this team lacks in midfield (but also in attack).

bakaboo

So lets listen to what we assume are "club's mouthpieces", rather than Arteta himself very clearly said in the beginning, and used him at CF vs. City very successfully from the start.

I shared above the quotes from Arteta. One of his main qualities was being versatile according to him from the start. He emphasized that. He said he is sure that he will play different positions throughout the season.
If I remembered correctly, the quotes from Arteta comes much later, when Kai started to score goals or perform reasonably ok. During the time we brought in Kai, preseason, early part of the season, everyone knows he is ear mark as LCM. The match vs Man city was becos we did not have our starter CF available

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He was even listed as a MF on the club website.

I don't have a dog in this fight as I haven't even read all the posts. I just assumed we all knew he was brought in primarily with the vision of him as the LCM
He was and you know who is using ‘versatility’ to somehow justify him being signed as a CF or something :lol:

We have entire athletic articles,
We have him playing half a season and most of pre-season in midfield
We have Xhaka leaving and us entertaining offers for Partey
We have Partey being fit and being put at RB to accommodate Kai in midfield.
We have the club literally listing him as a midfielder

But it’s fine :lol: we are all wrong

drippin

If I remembered correctly, the quotes from Arteta comes much later, when Kai started to score goals or perform reasonably ok. During the time we brought in Kai, preseason, early part of the season, everyone knows he is ear mark as LCM. The match vs Man city was becos we did not have our starter CF available
Arteta won't say that he bought Havertz to replace Jesus and Nketiah. This is not good for squad cohesion to say so.

He can't say so, but he can say he is versatile and will play different positions throughout the season, like he has. Players have to usually earn their places gradually.

The biggest proof we have is Arteta saying one of his main qualities is being versatile.

This was when he was signed, so it was not only later:
Arteta told Marca in an interview: "Kai has already shown a lot, including winning a Champions League. He is a talented, versatile player and only 24 years old. Talent has a price and, at Arsenal, we are always interested in young players with experience."

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Rice serves as a continuation of last summer’s strategy as a 24-year-old who has started all 12 of England’s games at the past two major tournaments, started 93 per cent (190) of his 204 league appearances for West Ham and driven them to win the Europa Conference League final last month.

Alongside all that, he is another player whose attributes lend themselves to more than one role, although the signing of Kai Havertz from Chelsea — who will likely fill the left-sided No 8 role for Arteta — would see Rice slot in as a No 6.

Havertz to Arsenal: Reasons Arteta is banking on switch from Chelsea No 9 to 'left 8'

Havertz has been earmarked to replace Granit Xhaka in the left No 8 role but he has played most of his football at Bayer Leverkusen and Chelsea as a No 10 or in a withdrawn striker role. It is a bold move but it was considered feasible because Arteta sees Rice as having the athleticism and ball-winning ability needed to complement Havertz and Martin Ødegaard either side of him.

Arsenal are convinced they have found their midfield replacement for Granit Xhaka — and it is the man who spent most of last season playing as Chelsea’s No 9.

and one more:

1713953589937.png

@drippin @LookingForEric @Trilly @whoever.

drippin

He was and you know who is using ‘versatility’ to somehow justify him being signed as a CF or something :lol:
I have not said he was signed as a CF, never have, so learn to argue.

You guys say he was signed as a midfielder, I say he was signed as a versatile player, for which we have 100% proof from Arteta from multiple articles before the season started.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

and one more:

View attachment 23781

@drippin @LookingForEric @Trilly @whoever.
What’s funny is that I knew there’d be receipts of at least one of them contradicting themselves.

Literally the entire fanbase and forum were in agreement on where he was gonna play.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm sorry but I'm with @Trilly on this one. Arteta saw Havertz as a midfielder and still does. You can pull all the Arteta quotes you want but actions speak louder than words. Arteta has started Havertz in midfield 26 times and 11 times at CF (according to Whoscored.com). Despite Kai's much-improved performances at CF and Jesus’s poor form, Arteta has gone back to the Kai midfield experiment in the last two games leading up to Chelsea at home.

It doesn't matter what coaches tell you in press conferences. Watch what they do and not what they say. People will look you in the eye and say Arteta rates ESR because of one or two quotes. Why hasn't ESR played more? Even the perpetual sicknote Partey has more minutes under his belt than ESR.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

What’s funny is that I knew there’d be receipts of at least one of them contradicting themselves.

Literally the entire fanbase and forum were in agreement on where he was gonna play.

Yeah the Havertz left 8 propaganda wasn't even light and some are still trying to gaslight :lol:

It's not even a big deal, but Money Ma$e was our original intended target who turned us down to leave London and get away from his stalker - which lends to this even further.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom