• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

And now explain why an article from The Athletic tells more about Arteta's thinking, than Arteta himself saying multiple times that Havertz is a versatile player. And that he was sure he will play different positions throughout the season.

drippin

It's not even a big deal, but Money Ma$e was our original intended target who turned us down to leave London and get away from his stalker - which lends to this even further.
Plans change. Arteta and Edu didn't get Mount, or realized he is overpriced after negotiating, who knows.

So they bought Havertz, who is more versatile (so a great squad addition for the long-term), and post-poned getting a proper midfielder to next summer.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Is the spin of him being signed as our potential 9 to make Arteta look like a 4D chess genius or something?

I'm backing Arteta for a couple more seasons yet for sure. But he definitely ballsed up the Midfield scenario last summer

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm rewatching the chances he got and could have got yesterday. The more our players spot his runs, then he's going to be prolific.

1. For the first goal he was on the last defenders shoulder all the way and moved into the middle as Trossard shot perfectly positioned. If the shot was spilled he was perfectly positioned for the rebound

2. Receives the ball from White with his back to goal, turns and puts it to the nearside corner. Decent effort, in another game maybe it goes in.

3. Havertz gets in space and Ødegaard gives him a ball to run onto. The keeper suffocates him but in another day maybe it goes in

4. First goal was immense. He receives it shoulder to shoulder with the defender and bullies the defender to get his shot away

5. Second goal, gets the ball out from his feet to make the shot inside the post. It was similar to his first shot that was saved.

6. There was a chance IIRC where Ødegaard had Rice and Havertz in front of him and he picked our Rice who I think was in a worse position. I think this was before Havertz 1st goal. Hopefully, Ødegaard is going to look and pick out Havertz runs now he's having success. The more you feed him, the more he'll score
I was rewatching his game vs Porto when he did get the ball several times in his runs and was destroyed by a 45 year old Pepe, I was rewatching Bayern games and he couldn't do anything with or without the ball.

People will pick easy games for him and pretend he is something that he is not, I'd rather use quality opponents to measure what he can or can't do.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

And now explain why an article from The Athletic tells more about Arteta's thinking, than Arteta himself saying multiple times that Havertz is a versatile player. And that he was sure he will play different positions throughout the season.

Well, like I said our 1st choice was Mason Mount who turned us down and you don't see him upfront do you.

Arteta said a lot of things regarding Havertz position but the facts are he's been tried in midfield more than upfront. I'm think you're grasping at straws here.

jaystewart

I’ll repeat, the club’s mouthpiece outlined the tactical plans for the season, how signing a player like Rice who is a monster defensively and can cover large amounts of space allow us to accommodate two attacking midfielders.

Just cos you can’t recall something doesn’t mean you’re not wrong.
You started with saying we signed Rice in order to accomodate the Havertz signing. But now what you're saying is signing Rice allows you more attacking options in midfield. Those are two completely different things.

drippin

Well, like I said our 1st choice was Mason Mount who turned us down and you don't see him upfront do you.
Read my reply above.
Arteta said a lot of things regarding Havertz position but the facts are he's been tried in midfield more than upfront. I'm think you're grasping at straws here.
It's you guys who are clutching at straws, while I have been proven totally right about Havertz.

He was bought as a versatile player just like Arteta has said multiple times.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Plans change. Arteta and Edu didn't get Mount, or realized he is overpriced after negotiating, who knows.

So they bought Havertz, who is more versatile (so a great squad addition for the long-term), and post-poned getting a proper midfielder to next summer.

No, he reportedly (stressing reportedly incase you try to divert the point into asking for proof) turned us down. We paid 65m for Havertz and he is if not was the top earner at the club, so neither of them were bargains.

Other than Havertz somewhat working out you are not right about a single thing here and even after the quotes you requested were provided you are still trying it.

drippin

Is the spin of him being signed as our potential 9 to make Arteta look like a 4D chess genius or something?
He was bought to play both midfield and false 9, which he has and will play in the future in different scenarios.
I'm backing Arteta for a couple more seasons yet for sure. But he definitely ballsed up the Midfield scenario last summer
And who could have predicted that Partey will be injured for the whole season, unlike never before? Or that Jorginho will have niggles when he has been injury-free for his whole career basically?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
They definitely did see him as some sort of a cover for CF as our boy Nketiah was ****ting his pants for a long time, but would be a lie to say he wasn't signed for a CM who would contribute several goals and assist from the midfield area which we were lacking for a long time

drippin

No, he reportedly (stressing reportedly incase you try to divert the point into asking for proof) that Mas$e turned us down.

We paid 65m for Havertz and he is if not was the top earner at the club, so neither of them were bargains.
We can't know for sure, and life is always about multiple factors. Mount could have turned Arsenal down for example if United offered a better deal.

They post-poned getting a proper midfielder, kept Partey (rather than selling for peanuts) and expected him to play more. Just like everyone else did him being able to play at least 50% of minutes. So Havertz had to play more in midfield.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Read my reply above.

It's you guys who are clutching at straws, while I have been proven totally right about Havertz.

He was bought as a versatile player just like Arteta has said multiple times.

I’m not sure how you can take this as a win EVEN IF we play along and say he was bought as some versatile hermaphrodite player of no fixed abode (which I don’t buy fwiw - no one buys versatile squad fillers when there’s still holes in the first XI, and managers regularly bluff and talk complete **** all day for a living so quoting them means very little)

Because based on what we have seen he is not versatile. He can only play well up front.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
10 goals and 4 assists in the last 25 games and 3 sub appearances. 14 of those appearances are from midfield where he only scored 4 goals. So only 11 starts as a 9 so far and he has 6 goals and 3 assists. It's clear he's a striker through and through, his runs being his elite quality. The chemistry between Havertz's runs and our midfielders picking him out is also only now coming to it's full fruition. His confidence is now coming to the stage where he can self actualise.

drippin

I’m not sure how you can take this as a win EVEN IF we play along and say he was bought as some versatile hermaphrodite player of no fixed abode (which I don’t buy fwiw - no one buys versatile squad fillers when there’s still holes in the first XI, and managers regularly bluff and talk complete **** all day for a living so quoting them means very little)
Me being right about Havertz was about most of the things I said about him, including thinking the Xhaka role is the worst position of his versatility.
Because based on what we have seen is that he is not versatile. He can only play well up front.
We will see in the future if this is another thing I'm right about. I have already explained my views about it, so I won't repeat them, but they can be searched if interested.

Arteta will keep playing him in midfield in different scenarios. One great thing is that he can switch him to midfield during a match when he makes substitutions, depending on what he needs. Which he has also done recently. This also helps with being able to rotate well.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
He is versatile and you could play him in many positions and formations, just sucks that he is only decent playing as a CF or can maybe hack it in Bundesliga as a midfielder

I mean you can play anyone anywhere, that doesn’t mean they are versatile. They actually have to be good at multiple positions and we have zero evidence of this.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah the Havertz left 8 propaganda wasn't even light and some are still trying to gaslight :lol:

It's not even a big deal, but Money Ma$e was our original intended target who turned us down to leave London and get away from his stalker - which lends to this even further.
He had a stalker? :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom