• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He he nah we won't but I am sure we would be enquiring if they say, took an interest in Alex Song - I am sure AW with straight face would bring up whether a straight swap with Benzema could be done. Wouldn't that be something.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i would prefer to send Eboue for Benzema..

if we can get 2 million for Cygan, we can get them to agree to take Eboue off our hands for the low low price of "Benzema"..

:mrgreen:

Zico

Established Member
Lyon dominate France, but they are in an even worse position than Arsenal in terms of keeping players. The level of competition and compensation in Ligue1 is hardly enough to keep the best players. Meanwhile, Lyon seems to produce and attract wonderful players, so it puts them in a position to sell and make perverse amounts of money.

They sold Essien and Diarra, and they'll do the same with Benzema. The question that is probably going through Aulas mind right now is "at what point will he be most valuable on the transfer market?". If Aulas thinks that Benzema can achieve considerable development over the next league season, then he will sell the boy nex summer... unless a team comes this summer with an obscene offer.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
cant think this would the highest point to seel him.. he had a ****e Euro campaign, but im sure they can still easily get 20+ million for him, even at this point

Zico

Established Member
USArsenal said:
cant think this would the highest point to seel him.. he had a s***e Euro campaign, but im sure they can still easily get 20+ million for him, even at this point

Agreed. But the transfer season is not over yet. Milan, Madrid and Barca have all been making unrealistic promises to their fans. Two of those clubs need to deliver Adebayor, and the third needs to deliver Ronaldo. Obviously, Ade will, at best, only go to one of those clubs; and even if Ronaldo ends up at Madrid, then it will leave a titantic void in Manchester that will have to be filled...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
true enough.. if ManUre can spend that much on Owen Hargreaves, they can certainly shell it out for a Ronaldo replacement (should he go)

qs

Established Member
If Ronaldo went I wouldn't be surprised to see United bid well over £30m for Benzema, maybe even £40m. With the fee Ronaldo would fecth they could still have £20-£30m left. That'd get them a fine replacement for Ronaldo.

thegame24

Established Member
apparntly united are strugging to even afford to pay tevez.

People forget they only gave like 5 million for hargreaves so far.

beepos

Well, he's not going anywhere, because didnt Aulas say that only one of their two young stars was leaving?

Rocafella

Established Member
He's just signed an extension and both him and the chairman have already said that he will be playing for Lyon next season. Not a chance in hell we're going to sign him. More chance of signing Shay Given and that thread got closed.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
LOL true . Benzemas going nowhere and when he does go eventually we can sit at the back and get the best view for his bidding war

illmatik

Established Member
I can't see him going to United anyway, it's his "dream" to play for Madrid like all the other ****s

qs

Established Member
Rocafella said:
both him and the chairman have already said that he will be playing for Lyon next season.

Both Ade and Wenger have said he'll still be playing for arsenal next season. Doesn't stop speculation, doesn't mean its true.

If someone bid £40m theres no doubt Lyon would take it. I don't think we'll get Benzema ever but I reckon he could still leave Lyon this summer, especially if Ronaldo moves.

Rocafella

Established Member
qs said:
Rocafella said:
both him and the chairman have already said that he will be playing for Lyon next season.

Both Ade and Wenger have said he'll still be playing for arsenal next season. Doesn't stop speculation, doesn't mean its true.

If someone bid £40m theres no doubt Lyon would take it. I don't think we'll get Benzema ever but I reckon he could still leave Lyon this summer, especially if Ronaldo moves.

Funny, not long ago you were convinced Ade was staying, the continued speculation finally changed your tone? Who's going to bid £40 mill? Only Real Madrid, who are concentrating on Ronaldo. I actually believe Benzema because he seems to have his head on his shoulders and wants to what he believes is right for his footballing development.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Thats what he is smoking, to deter everyone away. If we put Ade on 50m, Milan won't even think

qs

Established Member
Rocafella said:
qs said:
Rocafella said:

Funny, not long ago you were convinced Ade was staying, the continued speculation finally changed your tone? Who's going to bid £40 mill? Only Real Madrid, who are concentrating on Ronaldo. I actually believe Benzema because he seems to have his head on his shoulders and wants to what he believes is right for his footballing development.

If Lyon tell him to go he'll go though.

And I just said Ades speculation continues. I'm still hopeful he'll stay but I'd be lying to say I wasn't worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom