• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

kezman

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i was one of the people that thought kezman would be a major factor this season. i apologize for arguing with you guys who saw that he was a waste of cash. holy **** this guy sucks ass!! one goal=penalty. emile heskey has more goals than him. all hype.

kanuuu

Established Member
I thought he would be good too, i remember some bloke on here srtarted a thread saying we should have got him instead of Reyes. :lol:

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I thought he would be good too, i remember some bloke on here srtarted a thread saying we should have got him instead of Reyes.

I was actually one of the people calling for us to sign him :eek:ops:

But that was before we signed Reyes when we thought we had no money. Kezman seemed a viable option at the time.

patrick42uk

Established Member
kezman isnt a bad player. this league isnt just for him. forlan was a joke here but in spain he is second top scorer only behind eto'o.

seb_afc

Established Member
kezman is a big ugly ogre, who came here with all mouth and hasnt produced! he should be at Sp**s :lol:

Mark

Established Member
He's been awful, but as patrick said - some players just aren't made for this league. Reyes may well be one of them.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i disagree about reyes. his early season form suggests he can hack this league IMO. kezman cannot lay claim to any sort of form here.

Mark

Established Member
Reyes plays well when the sun is out, but that's not enough in this league. Sure he will need time, but at the moment he doesn't have what it takes to perform consistently well all season.

air

Kezman was great when he played for PSV. He must be under a lot of pressure knowing that Chelsea will probably loan him out or leave him on the bench if he doesn't produce. There was a time when new players were thought to need time to settle in.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Mark said:
Reyes plays well when the sun is out, but that's not enough in this league. Sure he will need time, but at the moment he doesn't have what it takes to perform consistently well all season.

Last season Reyes made some valuable contributions in games that involved no sunshine whatsoever.

IF the guy gets a regular run in the side in his best position....

Ah, f'ck it, read my article!

Mark

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
Mark said:

Last season Reyes made some valuable contributions in games that involved no sunshine whatsoever.

IF the guy gets a regular run in the side in his best position....

Ah, f'ck it, read my article!

Apart from his form at the start of the season when it was still summer, has he really looked settled? He's had good games but does he really look like he fits in yet? No. But as I said, it doesn't matter because it takes longer with some people. I don't doubt that he can get through this bad spell and recover.

goonerkads

It has been a year for ****s sake. I can imagine some of you saying the same thing about Henry when he first came here.

Sonic Youth

He has not played many matches at chelsea. If Mourinho had given him as many starts as drogba, I'm sure he would have made an impact. I've seen him playing at PSV, for three years, and he's a great striker. It's a shame his talents are wasted at Chelsea, where he only comes on as a substitute every now and then. If Chelsea want to get rid of him, my advice to Wenger would still be: Buy him!

Mark

Established Member
goonerkads said:
It has been a year for ****s sake. I can imagine some of you saying the same thing about Henry when he first came here.

Just to remind you, it didn't take Henry a year to settle. 26 goals in his first season after perhaps a poor first 7 or 8 matches.

Reyes has been here for over a year now and yes he's had some very promising moments but he has not looked fully settled.

If you lot read what I'm saying properly, you'll see that I'm not slagging him off and I expect him to improve. He's obviously very talented and it's unsurprising that he's struggling right now.

stav25

Kezman's gotta be the worst player I've seen since...er...Drogba. (the new Henry)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Reyes seems to be getting a mention in pretty much every single thread on this forum! :p Shows how much we really want him to make it in my mind....I know I do, he'll be a star!

As for Kezman, well, can you say Hernan Crespo?!

Chips&CurrySauce

You can't compare Kezman with Henry's first season. Its true Henry struggled the first couple of months in terms of goal scoring, but it was obvious he had amazing talent, and as Mark said, he ended up scoring a bucket load of goals anyway... Personally I've seen very little of Kezman to impres me. He seems to me to be a box player as his all round game is poor, however this doesn't suit Chelsea type of play... Also on the international stage Kezman has been very poor.. Why do you think no major clubs were interested in signing Kezman, despite his record for PSV?? I think there has always been a question mark over him, regarding his ability at the top level, ie champions league and international level..

A

Anonymous

I wonder if it has something to do with the English way of playing football.
It's not like Kezman hasn't got class or potential, he was one of the most memorable strikers we have ever had in Holland together with the likes of Cruijff, van Basten, Bergkamp, Kluivert, van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Romario.

Maybe he just doesn't fit in the English League.

You have seen it with players like Crespo, Mutu, Forlan, Kleberson, Edu, Kluivert who all had problems adjusting to the Premier League.
But Crespo, Mutu and Kezman would all fit well in the Italian League like Forlan, Kluivert and Edu fit better in the Spanish League.
I still think it's a league thing and the way of playing.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
it has nothing to do with the way English play footie. The Dutch league is probably the most similar to England than the rest of the European leagues, just not as high of quality.

look at the example of van Nistelrooy.... he scored boatloads in the dutch league, and scores loads in the EPL... its not a matter of league, it a matter of player quality.... Kezman, in my mind, may end up scoring 10-15 goals a season, but it will be down more to the team he plays for than his indivisual talent...

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom