• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Forget this next captain malarkey. He should be the captain now.

Aubemeyang is a poor choice.

Melquiades

I said this in a thread i made about the captaincy last month, people told me captaincy is not important etc. Auba does not care whatsoever, this lad does. I would give him it asap. He speaks with passion.

It would also be a statement of intent about where this team is going to give the captaincy to your most passionate younger player instead of your highest-paid old guy having a jog around the pitch.

Difficult as a fan to buy into any sort of 'new beginning' when nothing says more clearly that you're clinging to old players and the past and pie-in-the-sky hopes of riding those old players to Champions League than having an underperforming 31 y/o Auba sporting the armband.

Pyres7

I said this in a thread i made about the captaincy last month, people told me captaincy is not important etc. Auba does not care whatsoever, this lad does. I would give him it asap. He speaks with passion.
Right, and then when Tierney's captain we'll start scoring goals again and win all our games?

What exactly is gonna change by giving him the armband?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Agreed, Tierney is captain material. Its all well and good having your best player as the captain and them leading by example.

But when said player is playing like ass and down in the dumps what is he actually offering as a captain?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

As much as I'd love Tierney as captain its a silly idea to give it to him now. We've stripped Xhaka of it and people are suggesting we do the same with Aubameyang. I've no problem him deputising if Aubameyang isn't playing but it would be shooting ourselves in the foot to take it off him.

Pyres7

As much as I'd love Tierney as captain its a silly idea to give it to him now. We've stripped Xhaka of it and people are suggesting we do the same with Aubameyang. I've no problem him deputising if Aubameyang isn't playing but it would be shooting ourselves in the foot to take it off him.
It would be a punch in the gut to Auba, who is a well liked figure in the dressing room. You don't do that unless you're never playing him again. Some of the people on this forum have worse man management skills than Arteta.

We wouldn't even gain anything out of it. Nothing's stopping Tierney from being a leader right now.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It says everything that the only players that have come out and apologised are Tierney and Gabriel. The fact that the new boys, that are actually putting in decent performances have acknowledged the situation, while senior members of the dressing room are as quiet as a mouse says it all. The vast majority of these wankers don't give a toss about the club.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You can't take the captaincy off Auba at the moment, it would be ridiculous given all the dressing room issues we have going on.

KT is definitely future captain material if he want's it. Would be a lead by example captain rather than a shouter I think.

Honestly I'd take a team of 11 KT's at the moment. Whatever he may lack in technical ability he'll more than make up for in work rate and determination. He's one of the few bright spots in our side every week, along with Saka and Gabriel. Love him.

mpower2540

Is there anyone here who’s not sure about this guy? Love his attitude and his will and at the minute I’d say that’s enough but he looks like a regular run of the mill fullback to me.

Thought he had a really poor game yesterday, every time he got it he just hoofed it forward, bad positionally for their goal. He looks tired given that he’s played a lot of football but I’m not as convinced as a lot of others are.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Tierney was targeted tbh. Walcott has played on the left all season until last night.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Is there anyone here who’s not sure about this guy? Love his attitude and his will and at the minute I’d say that’s enough but he looks like a regular run of the mill fullback to me.

Thought he had a really poor game yesterday, every time he got it he just hoofed it forward, bad positionally for their goal. He looks tired given that he’s played a lot of football but I’m not as convinced as a lot of others are.

Yeah I'm not convinced at all tbh.. So poor on the ball when he's required to do anything else other than crossing in. Pretty disappointing as I was expecting so much more.

pikey2000

Listen he isn't prime Roberto Carlos, i'd say he's at best on par with Monreal, but that is more than good enough, he's steady, has a decent cross, will run through a wall for the team, loves a tackle and will provide us a steady left back for the next 5-10 years if he can remain fit.

We could do with another 3 or 4 solid 7/10 performers in the starting line up whilst we address other far more pressing areas, that should not go unnoticed.

Plus he is not a CB, he's LB who has the mentality to give his best shot at CB, same as Monreal did during his time.

I don't feel the need to hype him up as better than Robertson, but at the same time I recognise he is more than capable.

him, Gabriel, Leno, Saka and possibly Partey once we have seen more of him are 5 players who you know we don't need to think about replacing any time soon, everyone else is up for reasonable debate due to pure inconsistency imo.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nothing wrong with Tierney, maybe if you’ve got a Liverpool level squad you’d look to upgrade but otherwise he is the least of our concerns.

The problem is the other side that none of our options are either solid defensively or outstanding attackers.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He is an attacking full back who has been shifted about again.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

He's not the finished article. Pound for pound, hes been a fanstastic value purchase for Arsenal. Amongst our regular starters, hes probably right near the bottom of the pile of ones we need to be concerned with.

Im not sure about Clichy TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom