• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Layvin Kurzawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Why won't this rumour go away?

If we got a decent fee for Kolasinac and Kurzawa was happy to play a rotational role then I'm okay with this provided that Saka signs a new deal and is cool with being a left sided attacker and emergency LB.

A lot of its and buts and I'd rather we didn't sign Kurzawa!

TornadoTed

Established Member
It doesn't make any sense after signing one the most highly rated young left backs in Europe last summer. On a free transfer he is bound to want big wages. We are already stuck with a backup left back on £100k+ per week and a likely deflated transfer market I can't see us shifting Kolasinac on for big bucks.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Think it makes sense.

Saka can play further forward & cover LB when needed. Sell the Scottish kid if he can pass a medical then strengthen midfield or help replace Auba. The 20/25m could be very helpful.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think it makes sense.

Saka can play further forward & cover LB when needed. Sell the Scottish kid if he can pass a medical then strengthen midfield or help replace Auba. The 20/25m could be very helpful.

Tierney is much better than Kurzawa and seemingly much more motivated.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This signing only makes sense if the coaches know something we don’t about Tierney, maybe he’s a crock and can’t be relied on?

Otherwise how does this make sense? We don’t have money but we’re linked to guys like Kurzawa after we invested 25M in a LB less than 12 months ago and have Kolasinac on a big deal, and have a brilliant young kid in Saka needing minutes.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Is he even better than Kolasinac? I don't rate Kolasinac at all. Maybe from a tactical point of view Kurzawa's style suites Arteta more but I feel like I'm clutching at straws.

On the face of it we have 3 options for LB but you could argue there's issues with each one. Saka not signing a new deal and isn't really a full-back, Tierney might be a crock, Kolasinac is not good enough and quite limited. Even if we are pushed to signing a new LB is Kurzawa the man you'd want? Of course he's the cheap option which is probably more important than anything for our board but you wouldn't want him starting games for us.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Why won't this rumour go away?

If we got a decent fee for Kolasinac and Kurzawa was happy to play a rotational role then I'm okay with this provided that Saka signs a new deal and is cool with being a left sided attacker and emergency LB.

A lot of its and buts and I'd rather we didn't sign Kurzawa!

Kola >> Kurzawa.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Kurzawa doesn't make sense from any perspective you look at. He had a shine to him one point but now he's washed. Not even specifically bad, but just never fit and never consistent. Even as a back-up I'd be reluctant. Tierney is pretty clearly #1, and the only way this makes a lick of sense is if we're letting Kola go (which I'm not against as he has similar problems to Kurzawa himself). But I would much rather sign either a more reliable back-up LB or another prospect ready to challenge.

I know people will bring up Saka but I expect him to become more of an attacking option once Tierney gets a decent run in the side.

Burt Gold

This signing only makes sense if the coaches know something we don’t about Tierney, maybe he’s a crock and can’t be relied on?

Otherwise how does this make sense? We don’t have money but we’re linked to guys like Kurzawa after we invested 25M in a LB less than 12 months ago and have Kolasinac on a big deal, and have a brilliant young kid in Saka needing minutes.
Kurzawa has always been quite good going forward and very fast which Kolasinac is not. I think as Arteta implements his tactics the fullbacks will be relied apon to do a lot of running, meaning rotation will be necessary.

If you sign Kurzawa for free and gave him essentially Kolasinac's wages and then sold Kolasinac, you've made money and you have a more capable back up. It actually makes some sense especially because I think Kolasinac has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom