• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Doncaster Rovers vs Arsenal | 21/12/05

IBL

Established Member
I hope the youngsters can cheer us up with a win, or at least a goal to celebrate.

Probable team - I dont have a clue!

I really think we have a chance in this competition, I hope AW puts a strong team out there for this one. Won't be easy against a team thats already claimed two premiership scalps but I feel we have the team to do it. It'll be a cold, damp night on a dug-up pitch so it will be a big test for the boys.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Almunia
Eboue Senderos Djourou Gilbert
Quincy Muamba Flamini Reyes
Van Persie Lupoli

Thats what I think right now. Is Song still injured? I imagine that Cygan will play if he is fit too. Larsson could play right wing if Lupoli is dropped and Reyes is moved up front like agaisnt Reading.
Should be a really good test for them. Hopefully, quality will tell and we should see it through. 3-1 Arsenal: Reyes, Van Persie and Senderos(don't know why).

jaguars4ever

Jkreffer said:
Almunia
Van Persie Lupoli

Thats what I think right now. Is Song still injured? I imagine that Cygan will play if he is fit too. Larsson could play right wing if Lupoli is dropped and Reyes is moved up front like agaisnt Reading.
Should be a really good test for them. Hopefully, quality will tell and we should see it through. 3-1 Arsenal: Reyes, Van Persie and Senderos(don't know why).
It's probably because our young guns actually know how to take corners, instead of knocking it in knee height like our first team. :eek:ops:

IBL

Established Member
Yeh what is up with our pathetic corners, it hardly ever passes the first defender. I've seen Hleb take some really good one's for Belarus, let him take them, Henry get in the box so that you can be on the end of one of those crosses.

sheeesh :roll:

asajoseph

Established Member
What, you mean the same way Henry got on the end of crosses today?

He doesn't take corners because he's good at them, he does it so that he doesn't have to stand in the box finding elaborate ways of not heading the ball.

gstew

asajoseph said:
What, you mean the same way Henry got on the end of crosses today?

He doesn't take corners because he's good at them, he does it so that he doesn't have to stand in the box finding elaborate ways of not heading the ball.

I would normally agree. But Henry did actually challenge for head balls today. And he won some of them.

asajoseph

Established Member
There was one occasion in the first half where he actually seemed to deliberately over-run the cross before trying an overhead kick at a ball at head height... It was quite bizarre really.

Anyway, I was, more or less, joking.

Lukazan

Established Member
I hope van Persie is in the squad, I think he needs a goal to keep his confidence flowing. I'd throw Reyes (if fit) and Ljungberg (rusty IMO, and a goal here would do him the world of good) in the squad too.

wer

we really need to focus on the league to make sure we get third. i say we rest all the established players and let our reserves play this match.

Army of Me

Established Member
it's doncaster - our kids will walk all over them, I don't care what they did to Aston Villa; Villa are ****.

3-0 or 4-0 - ah **** it, donny will get 1: 4-1.

Viper

Established Member
Almunia
Van Persie Lupoli

Pretty much the team I'd like to see. I would also like to see Ljungberg on the bench. He has been pretty poor in recent games so maybe he can find his form...

Arsenal 4-0 Doncaster, I hope. I'm glad the game is on Sky Sports too.

invisibleman18

Established Member
asajoseph said:
There was one occasion in the first half where he actually seemed to deliberately over-run the cross before trying an overhead kick at a ball at head height... It was quite bizarre really.

just further on the issue of henry taking corners.
while he may not be the best player to have in the box challenging for headers, would he not be more useful, say on the edge of the box than in the corner?

vin de guerre

invisibleman18 said:
asajoseph said:

just further on the issue of henry taking corners.
while he may not be the best player to have in the box challenging for headers, would he not be more useful, say on the edge of the box than in the corner?

Since in general Titi couldnt take a good corner to save his life. I am sure his presence in or at the edge of the penalty area would mean at least one or even two markers being occupied to cover him and therefore making more space for some one else?

Ryanzinhhio

Loks like the away end is going to have few hundred doncaster fans in apparantly :? As there tickets got sold out alo of them have bought from Arsenal as we went on general sale. Could get a bit out of control.

A

Anonymous

Almunia
Eboue Senderos Campbell Gilbert
Fabregas Flamini Larsson Quincy
Bergkamp Lupoli

gotta field stronger team, only thing we gonna win this year.

flash

I suspect some of our young guns may get injured in this one. Doncaster will come out fired up and try to get stuck into us.

If the pitch is terrible there may be injuries because of that one as well. They will do anything to level the teams to get a result.

Doncaster will come out like a bunch of thugs i'm 100% sure of that.

kent_gunner

I read that Mart Pooms contract has been extended till the end of the season - and that he could be in goal against Doncaster

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Blimey, cup rival supporter in actually being rather 'nice' shocker.

Take note OneTrueRoyal.

Still, I'm sure I saw on SSN that your pitch was ****e. Maybe they're wrong. But you are right about all you Doncastrians being on top of the playing area - should be a good test for our Carling Cup side.

Still expect a win though ;)

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom