• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC – Reading vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 30/10/12 | SS2

MaestroCesc

Was at the game yesterday away support was amazing, sang right the say through and were louder than Reading fans at 4-0... I thought i was all over when we got an earlyish goal in the 2nd half from Giroud, then we had a few decent chances but nothing much happened. Then Koscielny scored restored my waning belief but then Reading wasted alot of time in the corner and from there i thought it was over. Only then for Walcott to equalise at the death which was mental. You could sense even at 4-0 we could turn it around, that Reading wouldnt be good enough to hold on if we got a goal and Theo provided that right at HT.

Superb match

evoh_1

Established Member
Its up for grabs in this cup, we have to beat chelsea at some point along the way and keep focus with other fixtures but how can Wenger disregard it when you can see how much it means to the fans.

perspolis

I just want to point out that Arsenal used a whole bunch of bench warmers and youth... while most teams used a lot of their main players like Tottenham today and Chelsea...

The one full week rest for the main squad, specially at the beginning of Novermber was a massive massive advantage!!

fabo

6.51 / 10
United, Sp**s, Liverpool out. We come back from 4-0 down. Chamakh scores two from outside the box.

Couldn't have went any better.

KY

Established Member
Swansea might will fancy their chances against Chelsea this weekend. As will QPR against Reading.

No chance of that for us though, as both the mancs and us put out reserve squads...

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
fabo said:
United, Sp**s, Liverpool out. We come back from 4-0 down. Chamakh scores two from outside the box.

Couldn't have went any better.

:lol: Yep, results really went our way. The draw did also, we'll beat Bradford and I've a sneaky feeling Leeds will do Chelski at Elland Road.

Lets end this drought Arsène!! :bounce

Anzac

Established Member
Giroud said:
Anzac said:
I thought it significant that both Giroud & Chamakh looked more effective as part of a 2 rather than as a lone CF - cause for a 4312 rather than a 4231?

Agreed, Chamakh looks a different player when he is allowed to roam around with a partner, like Nasri in 2010. Giroud looked far more effective as well, he needs to have players near by to link up with and feed off his knock downs. Do we have the players to play a 4-3-1-2 though? Do we have the fullbacks to provide the width? What do you think Anzac?

IMO our FBs are diabolical in attack regardless of the shape.

The reason I want a 4312/4132 over the 4231 is that I want at least 2 genuine strikers in a front 3, and I'm prepared to give up the ineffective hybrid WFs to make sure the CF doesn't become isolated in our 451 type roles.
That said I'd also change our midfield shape & roles & that of our FBs as well, as well as our patterns in both attack & defence.

Glovegun

Established Member
The only sides left in the cup are us, Chelsea, Leeds, Villa, Norwich, Bradford, Swansea and Middlesbrough.

Without wanting to be disrespectful to Bradford, we should see them off comfortably. Something's seriously wrong if we can't.

Chelsea have to go up to Elland Road midweek, just before Christmas, the week after they get back from the Club World Cup in Japan, so hopefully they'll send up a skeleton side.

With them out we've got a seriously good shot at winning something this season. Don't balls it up Arsenal.

MaestroCesc

Put a similar line up for Bradford but have a better bench, so if we need it we can call on really good players to change it. All the teams left in it are more than beatable apart from Chelsea who will be tough. So we need to take it more seriously, as its a great chance for a trophy although no game is easy as we saw CC final in 11

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Saw a few fans heading for the exit (or was it an early 1/2 time pie) on the TV. Must have been quite an amazing experience being an Gooner at that game!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

My internet has been bit crappy last couple of days, but I only see now that we got Bradford!

Seriously, we are basically in the semi's already without having to call on any first-teamers yet.

From there we should really try and win this thing.

MaestroCesc

redanddread said:
Saw a few fans heading for the exit (or was it an early 1/2 time pie) on the TV. Must have been quite an amazing experience being an Gooner at that game!
I was there they werent heading for the exits, the commenators speak **** and they deliberately do it to make it more interesting, they were going for a pie and a drink. Ye it was amazing, up there at the top of the best games i have ever been to

@Vinci i wouldnt say we are already through we just have a great chance, Bradford have to be decent to be in the QF

Anzac

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
@Vinci i wouldnt say we are already through we just have a great chance, Bradford have to be decent to be in the QF

Bradford are L2 & have been for a couple of season now.
I'd play a 'weaker' starting XI than v Reading = more of the kids/developing players mixed with players returning from injury/needing game time/match fitness,
but I'd also look to change the shape with a 2 man attack.

GK
Bellerin - JD - Miguel - Santos
Rambo - Coq - Diaby
Eisfeld/Rosicky
AA/Gnabry - Chamakh

MaestroCesc

Anzac said:
MaestroCesc said:

I'd play a 'weaker' starting XI than v Reading = more of the kids/developing players mixed with players returning from injury/needing game time/match fitness,

GK
Rambo - Coq - Diaby
Eisfeld/Rosicky
AA/Gnabry - Chamakh
My point is anything can happen in the cup especially as we are away, Bradford have had to come through 5 rounds to get there which says they can be decent opposition and in these one off games small teams often play out their skins

That looks like a good team, but I would play Frimpong if he hasnt gone on loan instead of Diaby, first team players who arent getting play time will probably get priority

squallkid

Established Member
Anzac said:
MaestroCesc said:

GK
Rambo - Coq - Diaby
Eisfeld/Rosicky
AA/Gnabry - Chamakh

I'm sorry Anzac but those three shouldn't be anywhere near this game.

Ramsey seems to be our backup for everoyone in midfield and the last place we want Diaby is on a League two football pitch. Everyone remembers Olympiakos away last year when we lost Santos, so I am a bit apprehensive about playing him in this fixture but if it can't be help.

Could you imagine the backlash if Diaby plays this and picks up an injury? Same with Santos seeing as Gibbs is always a few games away from the treatment table.

Diaby for me is a luxury player that we should only play in the league, Europe and latter stages of the FA cup.

I see your reasoning in that this young team needs experience but just go with the same XI that faced Reading, we won't concede 5 goals again and neither will we score 7, that result has no bearing on the rest of this competition.

Let's save the first teamers for the semi-final.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom