• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC | West Brom v Arsenal | 25-Sep-2013 | 20:00 PM

dbig

This bunch doesn't seem to have the same swagger and confidence of previous youth players but then again not many from previous years made it after showing such early promise.

Maybe not over hyping this group up will give them more incentive to train harder and continue working on their game.

Anyway, it's always good to win. Bring on Chelsea.

cannonade

Established Member
mo50 said:
I thought Bellerin was the only young one that looked special. Maybe tired legs contributed to that, but he was very impressive. I thought he was a RB? He looked so natural in midfield.

Maybe we'll see Bellerin move up on the right with Jenks behind him. Switch Gnabry to the left and drop Ryo to the bench until he gains full fitness. Gnabry's comfortable on the left, correct?

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin is very impressive RB, very good going forward and with an incredible stamina but he's weak defensively
Bellerin was a RM at Barca but our coaching staff converted him into a RB like Gibbs

I thought Akpom did well after coming on

MDGoonah41

Established Member
charts:

35cnd3m.jpg

15gp3wg.jpg

zu5rid.jpg

k9f62d.jpg

4qlx5h.jpg

fk8d5d.jpg

149mryr.jpg

10xsdvl.jpg

oiem2w.png

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Swansea thread someone ffs. Where Ferrari gone these days with his pretty match threads?

Yaya

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Bellerin is very impressive RB, very good going forward and with an incredible stamina but he's weak defensively
Bellerin was a RM at Barca but our coaching staff converted him into a RB like Gibbs.
He was a RB at Barcelona and has played there before he came to this club.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yaya said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
Bellerin was a RM at Barca but our coaching staff converted him into a RB like Gibbs.
I am pretty sure he was RM but since you made me look it up

Arsenal Sign Barcelona Winger Bellerin

Arsenal have agreed to sign Barcelona Cadete B winger Héctor Bellerin, according to Sky Sports. The Spanish Under 16 international follows fellow La Masia product Jon Toral to North London.

Bellerin turned down a new contract last month, following a series of disagreements with coaching staff. Chelsea and Manchester United were both initially keen, but Arsenal moved quickly to secure his services. A compensation package of around €400,000 is said to have been agreed.

The pacy wide-man joins central midfielder Jon Toral in switching from Barcelona to Arsenal this summer, in a deal worth €350,000. All in all, around €1 million will eventually change hands.

Héctor and Jon both sign three-year-deals with the option for a further two years.

<a class="postlink" href="http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/arsenal-sign-barcelona-winger-bellerin/#.UkO1SYZmhLc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/arse ... kO1SYZmhLc</a>

TheGlitch

jmsmtthw28 said:
Yaya said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
I am pretty sure he was RM but since you made me look it up

Arsenal Sign Barcelona Winger Bellerin

Arsenal have agreed to sign Barcelona Cadete B winger Héctor Bellerin, according to Sky Sports. The Spanish Under 16 international follows fellow La Masia product Jon Toral to North London.

Bellerin turned down a new contract last month, following a series of disagreements with coaching staff. Chelsea and Manchester United were both initially keen, but Arsenal moved quickly to secure his services. A compensation package of around €400,000 is said to have been agreed.

The pacy wide-man joins central midfielder Jon Toral in switching from Barcelona to Arsenal this summer, in a deal worth €350,000. All in all, around €1 million will eventually change hands.

Héctor and Jon both sign three-year-deals with the option for a further two years.

<a class="postlink" href="http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/arsenal-sign-barcelona-winger-bellerin/#.UkO1SYZmhLc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/arse ... kO1SYZmhLc</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah all that. He was already being converted. Winger to fullback.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He was a RB when we signed him, Barca had moved him back. I remember reading it on mundo when they were moaning about Arsenal getting him and Toral and they had him down as a RB.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
As I said before, I couldn't give a toss about the LC, and this hasn't changed, even though I was impressed to have seen us knocking a PL side out. The game was poor though and I'm sure Chelsea will knock us out if Wenger plays the same eleven again (which he won't), but nonetheless it's been a good experience for the younger players.

ArsenalCRO

My ratings...

Fabinaski 7/10 - had few very good saves that kept us in the game, overal he was alright, didn't drop any balls like he usualy does

Jenks 8.5/10 - along Per he was our best player, fantastic defensive wise and even contributed to our attacking play more then anyone else

Per 8,5/10 - typical game of late for him, fantastic

Verm - 8/10 - great comeback from the skipper, hasn't done much wrong, just the kind of game he needed

Nacho -7,5/10 - solid display

Arteta 6/10 - nothing fancy but not much wrong either

Eisfeld 6/10 - poor game by him except the game, without that he'd barely be 5 rating

Ryo 5/10 - some good moves but his passing is absolutely terrible, up there with some of the worst

Gnabry 5,5/10 - like Ryo, few good moves but he lost the ball quite often trying to dribble past players

Hayden - 6,5 70 - very nice game from him i must admit, his calmness was good too see from such a young player, even though that stupid faul did him no good

Bendtner 6,5/10 - nice assist, but you can see he hasn't played proper football for 2 years

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Our fans' reaction during the penalty shoot out. MUST WATCH.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIwlEFSN0cw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIwlEFSN0cw</a>

blaze_of_glory

redwhiteAustrian said:
As I said before, I couldn't give a toss about the LC, and this hasn't changed, even though I was impressed to have seen us knocking a PL side out. The game was poor though and I'm sure Chelsea will knock us out if Wenger plays the same eleven again (which he won't), but nonetheless it's been a good experience for the younger players.

This is exactly how I feel. Always glad to see us win as I want Arsenal to win every game played, and it was fantastic for the young players to get that result, but I would not have lost any sleep over going out. Still won't next round.

Mastadon

Established Member
Best thing about getting into the next round is our young players and reserves get another full competitive match to play. The league cup has always been a great competition for players outside the first 11 to get match fitness and experience. We don't have to take it seriously unless we get to the quarter or semi finals.

Floating

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Best thing about getting into the next round is our young players and reserves get another full competitive match to play. The league cup has always been a great competition for players outside the first 11 to get match fitness and experience. We don't have to take it seriously unless we get to the quarter or semi finals.

I think Wenger will take the Chelsea tie seriously - we'll also hopefully have Cazorla, Rosicky, and Arteta (and possibly Podolski) fully back by then, so we should have more depth.

boyinneedofhumor

Floating said:
I think Wenger will take the Chelsea tie seriously - we'll also hopefully have Cazorla, Rosicky, and Arteta (and possibly Podolski) fully back by then, so we should have more depth.
I was hoping so... then I saw the fixtures thereafter
(<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team</a>)

Chelsea(LC) - 29/30 Oct
Liverpool(PL) - 2 Nov
Dortmund(CL) - 6 Nov
Man U(PL) - 10 Nov

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom