• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

League Cup | Arsenal vs. Doncaster Rovers | 20 Sep 2017 - 19:45

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This should be a nice relaxing fare. Watch the youngsters play in what to me is an inconsequential tie.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This should be a nice relaxing fare. Watch the youngsters play in what to me is an inconsequential tie.
No not inconsequential . . Community Shield, League cup, Europa league is what Mourinho won last year. And got a lot praise on here and by the pundits. Even if he did get 6th in the league.

We've won one, let's go for the treble. :cool:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No not inconsequential . . Community Shield, League cup, Europa league is what Mourinho won last year. And got a lot praise on here and by the pundits. Even if he did get 6th in the league.

We've won one, let's go for the treble. :cool:
I actually value two of those three trophies. I think the League Cup is a good trophy to get in the bag early. Big day out at Wembley, a feel good factor and a chance to build good momentum. The Europa League is a European trophy and we really need to start collecting them. I'd be happy with that double if offered it.

Think we will see a mixed team from the Europa squad, the youth ranks and experienced hands like Mertesacker, Walcott and Debuchy. Dangerous playing such a mixed team but it should have enough to get over the line.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I actually value two of those three trophies. I think the League Cup is a good trophy to get in the bag early. Big day out at Wembley, a feel good factor and a chance to build good momentum. The Europa League is a European trophy and we really need to start collecting them. I'd be happy with that double if offered it.

Think we will see a mixed team from the Europa squad, the youth ranks and experienced hands like Mertesacker, Walcott and Debuchy. Dangerous playing such a mixed team but it should have enough to get over the line.
This. Can't be doing with all this 'inconsequential' stuff.

We're not Barcelona, and if it's not beneath United, it's not beneath us. :lol:

Any idea if Debuchy is still alive?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I want the League Cup this year only so Sp**s have to play at Wembley a few days after watching Arsenal celebrations at the ground.

I do love how most of this board is fuelled by watching Sp**s suffer :lol:

That game where they lost their heads against Chelsea to give the title to Leicester was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This. Can't be doing with all this 'inconsequential' stuff.

We're not Barcelona, and if it's not beneath United, it's not beneath us. :lol:

Any idea if Debuchy is still alive?
I've no idea why anyone would under value any competition. City, Chelsea and United have all won it in recent years it's a great building point for your season. And as they say success breeds success.

Debuchy must be alive as he is registered for the Europa League.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So many teams now and so few trophies.

Given our status as 3rd tier team in league we should go for these trophies!
Thought we were a 2nd tier team behind the oligarchs along with Sp**s and Liverpool.

Have we dropped further behind?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
----------------Macey-----------------
Pleguezuelo---Per----Holding----Da Silva
Walcott----Wilshere--AMN--El Nenny
----------Nelson--------Giroud-----------

No need for Debuchy. Joe Willock off the bench for Wilshere on 60 minutes.

Nelson has to start...anything else is an outrage.
I also think Pleguezuelo deserves his chance too now. We need to start rewarding some of these youngsters that are doing well on loan and the reserves. He could be a really good player like Ozaykup, who never got the chance.

Also, if we get a free kick and Nelson is playing, I hope he takes command and takes it. Walcott can't push the youngsters aside so he can hope he hits the target. I've never seen Walcott actually score from a free kick, but boy does he like taking them when he one of the senior players remaining.

Wenger needs to have all this decided before the match is kicked off...needs to give the youngsters a chance. Let Jay DaSilva take it if it's for a left footer and Nelson if it's for a right footer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom