• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lehmann In Top Shape

Mark

Established Member
Interesting Lehmann article

I like his attitude and appreciate that even though he had a good season last season he is still working to improve. Perhaps the signing of Almunia has influenced him in some way. An interesting read.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He had a good match yesterday, and looked very comefortable. Very good signs to be given off.

weelip

I think blundering a few incidents that led to goals, especially the incident that led to the penalty at tottenham, made him realise that his place will be under serious threat this coming season if he does not improve.

Gunner4life09

besides a few serious blunders, he was in top form last season, i don't think Aluminia or Taylor pose any treats if he doesn't repeat them angain.

pipa

some reports in my place claimed that Lehmann had a furious wrangle with henry in the training session on last friday's members day. is it the truth? :?:

Sammer

Established Member
Lehmann will have a great season imo. He was looking assured and in great form at the Amsterdam tournament already, not to speak of yesterdays performance which was very composed and secure.

I believe that his 2nd season at Arsenal will show an even more dedicated and concentrated Jens Lehmann.

Klinsmann, the new national coach stated yesterday, that Oliver Kahn is not the definate No1 as Jens Lehmann is an equally good goalkeeper. That might ad to his already high motivation.

Thanks for posting, Mark.

wrightgooner

I was at the match yesterday and Jens had a great game and responded to the fans well - and us to him. However, did anyone else notice that he didn't hang around much to celebrate with the rest of the players? - something that he has done before, and if so - what's that all about?

Andrew

He was superb yesterday. That sort of performance is what I expect day in, day out. Let's hope he can play like that in the big matches. I really think after a season to settle in he will improve on last year.

Sammer

Established Member
Yes he was superb yesterday, but like every other keeper - he will make a mistake once in a while - and we should look at his overall performance rather than expect him to be absolutely faultless (which no keeper is).

But I think he will be on a good path this season

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
wrightgooner said:
I was at the match yesterday and Jens had a great game and responded to the fans well - and us to him. However, did anyone else notice that he didn't hang around much to celebrate with the rest of the players? - something that he has done before, and if so - what's that all about?
Really. I didn't notice that. I wouldn't nkow why as he is supposedly good friends with the whole squad, which was highlighted after a CL match last season in which he made a speech and told us that he never felt such a spirit in the dressing room before. Quite strange for him to be doing that.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom