• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think United are two years away assuming they get the right manager and decent acquisitions. People who write them off long term with their money are being myopic. Their established players are total garbage but they got a handful of very good young players that are blooded now. If they get good acquisitions and scouting team instead of buying Real retirees; with their money they could be back in league title mix in 2 seasons. Especially with Klopp leading and City most likely about to get seriously sanctioned. It could be a replay of 1990s-to mid 2000s where us and United duke it out for the major honors

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think United are two years away assuming they get the right manager and decent acquisitions. People who write them off long term with their money are being myopic. Their established players are total garbage but they got a handful of very good young players that are blooded now. If they get good acquisitions and scouting team instead of buying Real retirees; with their money they could be back in league title mix in 2 seasons. Especially with Klopp leading and City most likely about to get seriously sanctioned. It could be a replay of 1990s-to mid 2000s where us and United duke it out for the major honors
Umm.. no.

Look at their squad ffs. They need to replace most of it, just like Arteta and Edu had to, to be able to play modern football.

FFP will affect their business.

Farzad Stoned

Umm.. no.

Look at their squad ffs. They need to replace most of it, just like Arteta and Edu had to, to be able to play modern football.

FFP will affect their business.

If they clear lot a lot of dead weight players with their revenues they can afford to spend as much as anyone. If done right and they develop their young players they could still be back in 2-3 years. I am also assuming Lfc and City will drop off. Someone else has to rise up. Don’t get me wrong there are a lot of things they would have to get right. But because their organic revenues are so high they can still buy if they slowly clear out some expensive dead weight.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I reckon 3 they 15 players imo for their squad. They are basically back to ground zero.

HattoriHanzo

What they do defies logic.
Something like Emery in Arsenal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the past 14 games, United have conceded 308 shots. That’s 22 per game, and yet United have lost only three of those matches. A rough rule of thumb over football history is that nine shots equal a goal: United in effect are giving away almost 2.5 goals per game, and yet in those 14 games they’re leaking an average of just 1.71.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ongoing sense of shambles at Manchester United is unsustainable

Farzad Stoned

I reckon 3 they 15 players imo for their squad. They are basically back to ground zero.
Oh it might be longer even. They got to get recruitment right. But if they play the kids and take their lumps, clear dead weight; they have two things working for them. Huge revenues every year, and they do have good youngsters. Diallo is good also, Mainoo and Garnacho and the young CB have quality. Martinez and Onana are pretty young for their positions. They started 3 teenagers and should of beat Lfc

drippin

If they clear lot a lot of dead weight players with their revenues they can afford to spend as much as anyone. If done right and they develop their young players they could still be back in 2-3 years. I am also assuming Lfc and City will drop off. Someone else has to rise up. Don’t get me wrong there are a lot of things they would have to get right. But because their organic revenues are so high they can still buy if they slowly clear out some expensive dead weight.
They can get nowhere near good money for their deadwood on huge wages. Arsenal didn't, and they can't either.

Maybe Saudis will save them from Casemiro (who is a horrible passer nowadays), but Saudis don't seem to overpay too much either.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Oh it might be longer even. They got to get recruitment right. But if they play the kids and take their lumps, clear dead weight; they have two things working for them. Huge revenues every year, and they do have good youngsters. Diallo is good also, Mainoo and Garnacho and the young CB have quality. Martinez and Onana are pretty young for their positions. They started 3 teenagers and should of beat Lfc
I agree there, Shaw is decent too tbf. Apparently they have a good lb coming through. Depends if their fans will accept that though.

Farzad Stoned

They can get nowhere near good money for their deadwood on huge wages. Arsenal didn't, and they can't either.

Maybe Saudis will save them from Casemiro (who is a horrible passer nowadays), but Saudis don't seem to overpay too much either.
They don’t need the petrosheiks. They actually make a ton every year. Plus i believe City will be severely sanctioned and Pep will leave soon, maybe with most of talent following suit. Lfc is not going to have an easy time replacing Klopp and still need a rebuild. The league is down. They have a few very good young players. And their roster has been decimated by injury and still they are 6th. Mainoo, Garnacho, Martinez, Rashford, Hojlund, Onana, Kambwala, and Diallo are pretty young considering their position. They need to stop buying old trendy retreads. They need good acquisitions. But they started 3 teenagers and did fairly well against team that was top. Things change quickly in football if they fix recruitment they will be back faster than people think. Because giant question marks around City and Liverpool

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
What they do defies logic.
Something like Emery in Arsenal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the past 14 games, United have conceded 308 shots. That’s 22 per game, and yet United have lost only three of those matches. A rough rule of thumb over football history is that nine shots equal a goal: United in effect are giving away almost 2.5 goals per game, and yet in those 14 games they’re leaking an average of just 1.71.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ongoing sense of shambles at Manchester United is unsustainable
Shocking stuff from the Peckham Reds, but maybe I was too harsh on Onana. If these stats are true, he might be single-handedly keeping United in the top half of the table.

HattoriHanzo

Shocking stuff from the Peckham Reds, but maybe I was too harsh on Onana. If these stats are true, he might be single-handedly keeping United in the top half of the table.
He was very good for them since he came back from AFCON.
They played yesterday without 4 injured CBs (Martinez, Varane, Lindelof, Evans)

drippin

They don’t need the petrosheiks. They actually make a ton every year. Plus i believe City will be severely sanctioned and Pep will leave soon, maybe with most of talent following suit. Lfc is not going to have an easy time replacing Klopp and still need a rebuild. The league is down. They have a few very good young players. And their roster has been decimated by injury and still they are 6th. Mainoo, Garnacho, Martinez, Rashford, Hojlund, Onana, Kambwala, and Diallo are pretty young considering their position. They need to stop buying old trendy retreads. They need good acquisitions. But they started 3 teenagers and did fairly well against team that was top. Things change quickly in football if they fix recruitment they will be back faster than people think. Because giant question marks around City and Liverpool
From those players Mainoo and Garnacho look like hits from youth players. No guarantees at all about Kambwala or Diallo.

Hojlund will be fine, Onana likely too. Martinez is a sick note at this point, and they seem to sell Rashford, or at least should as he is on huge wages and doesn't contribute enough anymore for them.

They have made a ton for ages, and used it very badly, so they still have team full of deadwood. Even Terry from Football Terrace, who is an United fan, says that they need to sell most of their players, but that it will take a few years to be able to do that.

Farzad Stoned

From those players Mainoo and Garnacho look like hits from youth players. No guarantees at all about Kambwala or Diallo.

Hojlund will be fine, Onana likely too. Martinez is a sick note at this point, and they seem to sell Rashford, or at least should as he is on huge wages and doesn't contribute enough anymore for them.

They have made a ton for ages, and used it very badly, so they still have team full of deadwood. Even Terry from Football Terrace, who is an United fan, says that they need to sell most of their players, but that it will take a few years to be able to do that.
They don’t need to sell everyone before they can win stuff. They won a cup last year and were third. The league is weaker than any year i remember post covid; except for the freakish Leicester season where all the big clubs were down.

I said they are 2-3 years away; assuming the new upper management recruits well; which is a big if.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

They don’t need to sell everyone before they can win stuff. They won a cup last year and were third. The league is weaker than any year i remember post covid; except for the freakish Leicester season where all the big clubs were down.

I said they are 2-3 years away; assuming the new upper management recruits well; which is a big if.
What's with being their cheerleader today?! We've heard....they're 2-3 years away. You've made your point. I'm just surprised you've not mentioned Arteta yet

drippin

No one cares about Carabao Cup, it's bottom of the barrel cup. It's worse than Conference League.

They need to sell most of their players. Even Shaw is a sick note. Dalot and Wan-Bissaka they can maybe keep as squad players.

Ten Hag has had huge luck in his results in the past years. The underlying metrics tell a totally different story. And that's why their future looks so bleak. The level of the squad is worse than the tables would suggest.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom