• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'm not wedded to only Arteta, I think there is some promise there and he will at least try to make us play good football and can actually talk to people. But I'm really not seeing any compelling alternatives from anyone, no one realistic anyway.

I don't see Rogers leaving Leicester and they paid something like £8m to get him so it will be expensive for us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
AM doesn’t need to worry anyway, Raul isn’t hiring Arteta or any young manager.

Most likely, it’ll be another safe, middle of the road, bum like Emery.

Pretty sure any new manager isn’t even going to be better than Wenger.

Enjoy the “experience”.

TornadoTed

Established Member
City were winning before and after Arteta. In fact they reached a higher points total when he wasn't there. Let him prove himself at Southampton or something.

I get the reasoning but finished products are unfortunately out of our reach as we just aren't a top side any more. I think we need to take a risk are try to get 'the next big manager' before he explodes.

Same with players, we could have players like Van Dijk, Maddison, Tielemans etc. playing for us if we took a chance when they were under the radar, once they explode we have no chance.

nicky47

Established Member
So curious to see whether or not the board have the balls to fire Unai. Part of me thinks they'll want to drag it out. Just keeping my fingers crossed theres a plan in place. Otherwise things could go from bad to worse...

After what I thought was a very promising summer transfer window, it just feels like its all falling apart now. Hoping Raul can sort this mess out!

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

The only "accomplished" manager I would be interested in is Bielsa.
We need a Master tactican with really deep tactical knownledge thinking outside of the box.
In comparison to Pep and Klopp most managers are just donkeys pressing random buttons.
Bielsa one of the few who can compete with them tactically
Can't wait to bring him in just so he can keep benching Nketiah after his Leeds loan has ended. He can bring in Bamford with him as well so he can play ahead of Nketiah.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Can't wait to bring him in just so he can keep benching Nketiah after his Leeds loan has ended. He can bring in Bamford with him as well so he can play ahead of Nketiah.
Bielsa has developed a lot of youngsters and everyone praise him and say he is outstanding manager, if he doesn’t throw him 90 min every game, he has a reason.

you don’t know more than him. Watching Emery burning out Saka should teach you how to not handle an 18 yo player.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Arteta is neither proven as a manager nor high profile enough as a player to be such a gamble

Paddy
Henry
Freddie
are all higher profile as players

Freddie lacks 1st team manager experience but They all have their UEFA A license

Both Paddy and Henry have been head honcho to varying degree and succes but have so much more star quality from their playing days, heaps above Arteta a journeyman!

The mentallity, motivation is easier for them. And they are more tied to the club.

We could use some swagger and all of them have it, Arteta doesnt.

Sure we need tactical changes to but it is not rocket science,

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He was at City in 2016/17 as well, which was a pretty bad season for City all things considered.

Seems like to me the reason for City doing so well is that they can spend 200M on full backs every summer rather than Mikel and his iPad making the difference.

Think both can be true. Sané and Sterling are both players that have gone on record as to how he helped them improved, the latter being someone who's really gone up on levels recently.

Again, that doesn't mean he'll be a great manager, but if you look at the league last season and this one, marginal gains are what will end up deciding it.

He was at City in 2016/17 as well, which was a pretty bad season for City all things considered.

Seems like to me the reason for City doing so well is that they can spend 200M on full backs every summer rather than Mikel and his iPad making the difference.

Yeah I think we could do very well if we could spend 200 M in one window and rebuild.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The job of continuing to bore us to death? Yeah, perfect man.

He'll get results and would be ok with being care taker until the summer. It gets him out of China and would be a good shop window for him if he rescues from Mid Table Unai.

Rather be bored by him than Mourinho. We get CL and suddenly we're a more attractive club to lead.

Maybe we even get to keep Aubameyang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom