• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Tuchel to Bayern
Poch to PSG

You heard it here first.

Still on the Ten Hag to Bayern and Tuchel staying at Saint-Germain train, but there's been a lot of buzz around Tuchel to Bayern in Germany lately. Think it's not completely off the books the Frenchies let Tuchel go, although I think it would be better for them to actually go through a 5 to 6 seasons period with a progressive guy like him than to switch managers every 2 or 3 seasons just because they didn't win the CL immediately.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Reading through that thread, it seems Vieira is going a decent job just to keep them out of the relegation zone considering the mess.

Second half sounds a bit of a disaster though. Seems optimistic to expect him to get us back challenging where we want to be.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
You have a point, i think the fact that we probably are the chepeast of all the top clubs in the world might make top class managers turn down Arsenal. But it sounds very weird to me if Allegri turned down Arsenal cause he`s waiting for a call from Man Utd, they have not sacked Ole and it doesn`t seems like they plan to do that anywhere in the near future.
They will once they are in relegation... he is counting with . They are 5 points from that and with 2 super hard matches to play... so it’s not a long wait. He is smart and playing his cards well.

Joestlaachmkr

They will once they are in relegation... he is counting with . They are 5 points from that and with 2 super hard matches to play... so it’s not a long wait. He is smart and playing his cards well.
Perhaps, but there is no guarantee Man Utd will be in the relegation zone. And there is nothing which suggest that MU would be interested in Allegri, if he wanted to manage a team in the PL and if he is smart then he would have said yes to the offer from Arsenal.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Second half sounds a bit of a disaster though. Seems optimistic to expect him to get us back challenging where we want to be.

Well, managers will always be criticized for their selections. Who knows? I think it's optimistic to think anyone could get Arsenal firing on all cylinders right away, but you never know how things will work out.

Again, there are more accomplished managers available (or who might be lured), but Vieira has his own strengths and I would not be opposed if they decided to give him a shot.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Why is Willock starting? Will be sold to a Championship team next year, not good enough.
He's played like 10 premier league games. and been good like 50% of them. Thats decent for a teen you know.

Deki

He's played like 10 premier league games. and been good like 50% of them. Thats decent for a teen you know.

Which is why he can come on at 70mins once we're 3-0 up. We need more than decent for a teen just now. On our worst run for 3 decades.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Which is why he can come on at 70mins once we're 3-0 up. We need more than decent for a teen just now. On our worst run for 3 decades.
Not commenting on that, as you didn't say that, it was on the selling him to championship.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I dunno, I guess I'm the only one that's relaxed about this? I wasn't under the impression that Freddie would come in and it'd be all easy. We started well but the players gave up hope too easily, hopefully we can start more assertively, grab a goal and gain some confidence.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So based on your reasoning here, could you help me understand.

How Liverpool were able to sign Klopp?
How City were able to sign Mancini, followed by Pellegrini?
How Chelsea were able to sign Mourinho back in 2004?

It must be nice living in a world where you think you are imparting some wisdom on the rest of us. Problem is that the world, and including the world of football is far more nuanced than what you seeing at the end of the day. Of course poor performances and not winning the league or qualifying for the champions league play a role in the overall strengh and attraction of a club, but there are far more points to consider when looking at the strength and pulling power of a club.

Its why Madrid were able to attract the best players for years, despite not being able to go past the last 16 of the CL during that same time. Its why Man United today remains an absolute top drawer club, despite now close to a decade of rubbish from their side. And its why Arsenal are now still a force to be reckoned with in the game, despite your analysis or perhaps wishes at the moment.

Here is some starter reading for you to give you an idea of this club and what else can be looked at when valuating its size and impact globally. Have a look at club valuations released by Forbes in 2019, as well as KPMG's valuation for 2018. Furthermore, when reading this.... consider our fortunes over the last 3-4 seasons.

https://www.forbes.com/soccer-valuations/list/#tab:overall
https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2018/05/football-clubs-valuation.html

Big clubs win big trophies. You can come on here ranting and raving about Forbes magazine or whatever rubbish.

We are that big a club we are 10th in the league starting defeat at Brighton at home. Our squad is terrible, we got smashed in the champions league every single year and subsequently got smashed in the europa league last year.

Klopp wanted a new challenge and we would have had him had the board and wenger not been so pig headed and self centred.

A new manager does not give 2 Donald ducks about the income, the value of the club, how much the hot dogs cost or anything else.

The new manager looks at. What can I do with this team and what can I win. The answer would be f.all.

Man united is still a massive club because while we were winning 3 titles they won about 13. Including 2 champions leagues. They utterly dominated English football. We didnt. 3 titles in 25 years or whatever. Brutal.

Real madrid is the most prestige club in world football and it is a club where you are guaranteed to win either the champions league or la liga in say a 3 or 4 year period. Real Madrid hasnt went 15 years with only a couple of copa del Rey's.

Your whole arguement is pointless. Spouting about Forbes lists. Unless Forbes is a new centre back who can defend away back to sleep.

pacstud

No manager can be successful here without some players leaving/entering.

Midfield/defense in shambles and an offense that's schizophrenic.

Manager alone won't do much but maybe stop the bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom