• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
ObedientThinGartersnake-small.gif

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I get dragged into these conversations in reply to people blaming Wenger for what is happening today, which is ridiculous.
He’s not to blame either that’s ridiculous.
The board are solely to blame. KSE have actually ruined the club

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This team is absolutely rotten, so much deadwood that needs to be cleared out. Emery was chastised for months by the fans, but it wasn't his fault that Raul blew the budget on an unproven winger from Ligue 1, and brought in only an error-prone 32-year old from Chelsea to plug the biggest weakness in our squad.

That being said, I think the biggest issue at the moment is confidence. If we can string together a few good results then hopefully we can be in better spirits for when the knockout stages of the Europa League begin, because that's going to be our only route into the Champions League until next year.

We aren't winning the Europa league. Best bet is finishing about 10th in the league and playing one game a week. Let the social media footballers we have leave and see who's up for a fight.

Revolution

There's no accountability at the club. Even when it got bad under Wenger you knew they'd pull out a performance out of their arses and it made you hope and wonder.

Now? Honestly I don't know where the next win will come from. Rubbish on the road and outplayed at home. Teams don't have to work hard to score. Xhaka in midfield is terrible. No intensity, no drive and offers little protection.

We haven't played like a coherent team in years. Nor dominated an opponent. Back to the drawing board. No player or manager at this point is beneath us during the rebuilding...

Joestlaachmkr

We aren't winning the Europa league. Best bet is finishing about 10th in the league and playing one game a week. Let the social media footballers we have leave and see who's up for a fight.
I read somewhere that Solskjaer wanted to forbid all the Man Utd players from using social media, sounds like a good idea for the AFC players aswell.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
I just had a look at our remaining fixtures. I just wanted to have some fun predicting how many points we'll get from now till the end of the season. Ended up feeling strange when not a single game I looked at I felt we could win so I just gave up.

So we've got West Ham who beat Chelsea (A), Man City (H) Everton with a new manager (A), Bournemouth (A), Chelsea (H), and Palace (A) upcoming by mid Jan

It's not even funny, I can't see us winning any of these. We're in a relegation fight.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think people forget why those early Wenger teams dominated the way they did. It wasn't just the nice football. They were big, fast and mean. You not only worried about them embarrassing you from a technical standpoint but you also worried about them completely dominating you physically. We don't have a single player outside of Kolasinac who has got any measure of power to their game. Literally no one else. There's not another guy at the club who can put their head down and go through a tackle. The Invincibles typically fielded no fewer than 8 such players on a given day. That simply doesn't work in England. I'm hard pressed to think of a physically weaker team in the PL than us. Everyone thinks they can impose their will on us and they do and now we're not even at the technical level to punish teams with our passing and movement. So we're just weak and average. No wonder the results are what they are.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can't see Raul and Edu being part of this much longer, specially the latter.

Vinai does **** all anyway, not even sure why he's involved with the manager search, the man got tricked by a chinese scammer ffs.

Wait what?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Freddie has had 7 days in charge. He'll need longer than that to sort out this mess. He didn't buy Mustafi, Sokratis, Luiz, and little Torreira.

He's going to have to drill them within an inch of their lives to get this lot organised. Will he get the chance? Short straw I'd say.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Right now I think we have to go for Arteta.

Why. He has no experience which I agree with. In this situation its abit crazy.

However what if he is some kind of Pep junior. What if he is that diamond waiting to be discovered. What if he can improve the style and shape. What if he can improve the youth. Give him a 3 year job and say there are no expectation. We just want year on improvement however slow it may be.

We need a long term plan and project and nkne of Benetiz, Allegri etc will be that. We need a young hungry manager who will work night and day.

Someone who knows this first job has to go half decent to get another one. Someone who's young and willing to learn and not be so stubborn to keep refusing to follow modern football with strength, speed and solid defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom