• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not even he could save us now..

Seriously. The man who helped us keep European status on a shoestring budget... What is wrong with our fans. You deserve this mediocrity. Wenger achieved more than any other Arsenal manager in our history you fools.

Shoe string budget? Xhaka 35m, Mustafi 35m, Lacazette 50m, Auba 56m, Perez 10m, Cech 10m, Özil 42m.

If that is a shoestring budget then Leciester must have won the league with school dinner tickets.

Wenger did over achieve but the minute the league got more competitive he couldn't compete.

We are the Arsenal. This loser qualified for Europe mentality is why we are a mess. The goal should be every year to challenge for the league and win a trophy. If you end up 4th it's not a bad thing but the objective has to be challenging.

Wenger wasnt challenging. I dont know about you but I didnt enjoy getting smashed in the last 16 or quarter finals of the champions league every year did you? Or drawing with Atletico Madrid at home them playing with 10 men for 83mins. We were shocking in Europe all but one or 2 seasons. We were just there to make up the numbers.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The longer I think about it, the more I get behind the idea of Arteta.

We are not attractive for a top manager right now. They need to see something they can turn around within 6 months. We need 18 months to get anywhere near competitive again.

I don't think Auba and Laca will be extending without an elite manager signing. They know where we are gonna be next year and time is ticking.

Use this season as an embedding period. Let Arteta work with our younger players. Give him time to create the new Arsenal. Let this be his preseason.

Maybe Freddie and Per wouldn't mind joining his staff.

I agree. We wont be challenging for anything anytime soon. The older players will be moved on or leaving. Time to get someone in with a long term plan or project.

Arteta has every reason to build something good especially as his first job.

Get the youth in and if we finish 10th who cares as long as theres some progress being made year on year.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Shoe string budget? Xhaka 35m, Mustafi 35m, Lacazette 50m, Auba 56m, Perez 10m, Cech 10m, Özil 42m.
Can't believe you included Perez. Jesus that is desperate. How long did Wenger have Auba for? Mustafi and Xhaka… are you joking with those? Go look at who our rivals bought acorss those windows.

Also,
We are the Arsenal.
Go brush up on your history chap, before Wenger we were winning a major trophy every ten years. Wenger cam and we won 3 EPL titles and 7 FA cups over a 20 year period. He is easily our best manager. No idea where this sense of entitlement comes from... Oh yes, Arsène gave it to you after he came here and turned us into serial winners.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I agree. We wont be challenging for anything anytime soon. The older players will be moved on or leaving. Time to get someone in with a long term plan or project.

Arteta has every reason to build something good especially as his first job.

Get the youth in and if we finish 10th who cares as long as theres some progress being made year on year.
The only downside to Arteta is it takes all the pressure away from the Kroenkes. No need for spending or breaking the bank. It's all about cheap buys that fit the system.

We will be happy to scrape top four again for years. Anything above that will require major spending.

It will be Wenger all over again.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Can't believe you included Perez. Jesus that is desperate. How long did Wenger have Auba for? Mustafi and Xhaka… are you joking with those? Go look at who our rivals bought acorss those windows.

Also,

Go brush up on your history chap, before Wenger we were winning a major trophy every ten years. Wenger cam and we won 3 EPL titles and 7 FA cups over a 20 year period. He is easily our best manager. No idea where this sense of entitlement comes from... Oh yes, Arsène gave it to you after he came here and turned us into serial winners.

I'm not entitled and if you look through my post I am the one who is saying we are not this huge club some fans think we are.

One more thing, you say Wenger turned us into serial winners? Serial winners win things most years. 3 league titles in 22 years is not the making of a serial winner.

The team he had and he couldn't win back to back titles. Couldn't win the champions league.

Blame money blame what you like but theres loads of examples of teams doing well without unlimited resources.

Mourinho is a serial winner. Pep is a serial winner but has usually unlimited resources.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

The issue with this is the ticket prices. The stadium will be half empty unless prices adjusted to reflect the new aims.

The youth are also not looking all that good / ready at the moment outside Brazilian boy wonder.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm not entitled and if you look through my post I am the one who is saying we are not this huge club some fans think we are.

One more thing, you say Wenger turned us into serial winners? Serial winners win things most years. 3 league titles in 22 years is not the making of a serial winner.

Mourinho is a serial winner. Pep is a serial winner but has usually unlimited resources.
Dude go look at the history books. We won a **** load less before Wenger. Not sure how you can overlook that so easily. We became a lot closer to serial winners with him.

AND, if you look at it objectively (Seems you're incapable but here goes anyway), in his first decade we won the premier league every other year and put some Fa Cups in there as well. Then we moved to The Emirates and started spending absolutely NOTHING until his final years (the damage to the squad had been done) and we stopped winning. You can literally trace all of this to the ownership of Kroenke. It isn't rocket science.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The only downside to Arteta is it takes all the pressure away from the Kroenkes. No need for spending or breaking the bank. It's all about cheap buys that fit the system.

We will be happy to scrape top four again for years. Anything above that will require major spending.

It will be Wenger all over again.

We need another route ie youth. Spending big is no good because the players we can attract are crap. We can attract players from mid table teams around europe.

Any brilliant player at 22/23 who could make a difference will be away to one of the 10 teams better than us in Europe if not 15.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Dude go look at the history books. We won a **** load less before Wenger. Not sure how you can overlook that so easily. We became a lot closer to serial winners with him.

AND, if you look at it objectively (Seems you're incapable but here goes anyway), in his first decade we won the premier league every other year and put some Fa Cups in there as well. Then we moved to The Emirates and started spending absolutely NOTHING until his final years (the damage to the squad had been done) and we stopped winning. You can literally trace all of this to the ownership of Kroenke. It isn't rocket science.

You say in his first decade he won the premier league every other year. That would mean 5 leagues then? Where did the other 2 go?

The league got competitive. Before it was Arsenal v United. 2 horse race. Football has changed.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The league got competitive. Before it was Arsenal v United. 2 horse race. Football has changed.
You mean other than Blackburn winning, Chelsea winning..
It is basically a two horse race now . Are you blind...

Let's hop over to redcafe and see how they react to you telling them Ferguson was a rubbish manager because it was only a two horse race.

roz

Fake News Merchant
That’s exactly what Mourinho was but the board bottled it and some fans couldn’t put their differences aside.

As I mentioned before a bunch of us on here called it a while back that we’re in serious trouble but now it’s too late.

We need to try and get 40 points in order to be in with a chance of staying up.
Lol. I said a no nonsense manager without a big ego.
That does not apply to Mourinho.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Name another Arsenal manager who even came close to that you whiny little brat.. As already stated, you deserve this version of Arsenal if you couldn't even be grateful for that

What I couldn't be grateful for was instead of kicking on we went backwards. Maybe you are happy with 3 league titles in your life time and being sold a lie but I'm not.

You can be all high and mighty Wenger all you want but the clubs a mess and we wont be challenging anytime soon which you will probably be happy about. You would hate another man to come in and start showing fans what winning really is.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Please come back Arsène. :lol:

Just want him back :(

rsz_s07e14_268.png

Reactions: roz

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
What I couldn't be grateful for was instead of kicking on we went backwards. Maybe you are happy with 3 league titles in your life time and being sold a lie but I'm not.
For the umoteenth time you absolute bloody *****, KROENKE is the reason. Go track the spend. GO track the ownership with the spend. THERE IS A COMPARISON> THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
stop it, guys - we're deep in the doggydoodoos and looking back isn't going to get us out of it

nor is constantly moaning about things that won't change

we must look forward, and be nice to each other in our collective misery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom