• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Emery outwitted him last season , old guard type of manager, i personally prefer a young visionary manager

if you like him thats well and good , it's not me who'll choose the next manager.

I dont think you can dismiss a coach only because he lost against Emery. Pochettino only won one of four games against Emery during the latters time at Arsenal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pep, Tuchel, Allegri, Simeone and Enrique are all said to be hard on their players who gives them a hairdryer instead of a hug. Exactly what we needs.
But that is not our problem though? We have players who simply are not good enough, the hairdryer is not going to get something more of out of them.

What will happen if Simeone came here? Will he waste his time giving the hairdryer to Sokratis, Lacazette, Luiz, Bellerin? No, he’ll just get them out of the club.

Did the Utd players improve because Jose was there giving them home truths? No. Tuchel is about to get sacked and is being publicly humiliated by his players I see.

Our problem is poor investment, we’re stuck with a weird squad with little elite talent now. Only Leno is performing to a standard you consider worthy of this club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
And you're evidently used to mediocrity. This team have been called spineless by pundits for a decade and you want to mollycoddle them? Fans like you are the reason Arsenal are a joke nowadays.

You’re just inventing and feeding your own narrative. All I have said is that I don’t think our problems lie with player effort or discipline.

Gunner-Union

You’re just inventing and feeding your own narrative. All I have said is that I don’t think our problems lie with player effort or discipline.

every player is different some need a kick up the backside. Some need a hug and others just need a level headed talk with about what’s going wrong or right.

Gunner-Union

Of course. But I don’t buy the “Arsenal players need a kick up the arse” rhetoric.

As u said we have bought poorly and not really tried to make a functioning team but a group of players put together that don’t compliment each other. I do think we have had to many players that are soft though

Joestlaachmkr

But that is not our problem though? We have players who simply are not good enough, the hairdryer is not going to get something more of out of them.

What will happen if Simeone came here? Will he waste his time giving the hairdryer to Sokratis, Lacazette, Luiz, Bellerin? No, he’ll just get them out of the club.

Did the Utd players improve because Jose was there giving them home truths? No. Tuchel is about to get sacked and is being publicly humiliated by his players I see.

Our problem is poor investment, we’re stuck with a weird squad with little elite talent now. Only Leno is performing to a standard you consider worthy of this club.
I think it is a big part of our problems. The players are far too comfortable and too lazy, if any of our players had played under the likes of Pep, Simeone, Allegri, Conte or Tuchel then it would have been a different ball game.

Simeone would have demanded discipline from the players and made sure that all AFC players would have to give 101% on the training field to be part of the squad for the upcoming fixture and only given them 1 chance to prove their worth he would also surely given all of the players several hairdryers right in front of their faces, hairdryers are usually very effective on players.

I have never heard that Mourinho is a "hairdryer manager", he is said to be excellent in man management and a very good motivator. I have never heard any player saying that Mourinho is a manager who yells at his players, even though he has fallen out with a few players. Tuchel - was according to reports close of being sacked by Paris after Man United sent them out of the CL last year as well, but it turned out to be fake news. Tuchel is said to be very harsh on his players and he has had turbulent relationships with several of his players both at Mainz, Dortmund and now at PSG, but i think it`s good when trainers puts a gang of divas down.

Agree that the club have mostly done poor signings for the last 5 years or so, we have also let far too many players leave for another club on frees. But that has mostly to do with the board and not the manager.

Last edited:

Joestlaachmkr

Its easy to underrate the squad right now but i maintain that it is way better than some people here think. Its not good enough for the big titles but i think its good enough for a place in the top four.
If we had a top class manager, a solid DM, LB and two CBs. Then we could have competed for the title, but right now we our squad is not even good for a top 6.

Gunner-Union

Its easy to underrate the squad right now but i maintain that it is way better than some people here think. Its not good enough for the big titles but i think its good enough for a place in the top four.

I think the squad is def better than our current position and a lot is down to poor coaching. I stand by we have bought players poorly and ones that don’t compliment each other which makes us look very disjointed at times. Not quite a team of individuals but a team of strangers maybe

Joestlaachmkr

Is this why he lost the dressing room in his last two jobs? :rofl:
Terry, Lampard, Joe Cole, Sneijder, Ibrahimovic, Eto`o and Ronaldo are some of the players who have said that JM are the best man management coach they have ever had in their carreers, they also praised his skills as a motivator. Chelsea has had 4 managers in 5 years, you might think there is a reason for that. The only player who Mourinho had a problem with at Man Utd was Pogba, but when you have a run of bad results like JM had with United last season it usually ends in a goodbye.

Joestlaachmkr

So you are already writing Tierney off? Thats a bit to early. And, for fvcks sake, stop talking about Sp**s deranged manager.
I meant RB, i`m no fan of Bellerin. I have always liked Mourinho, and i think it was a mistake by the board not to hire him as our interim before we sacked Emery and before he was catched up by Sp**s.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I see no reason to pickup Vieira or Arteta over Ljungberg. Give Ljungberg a chance until summer if that’s the case.
Ancelotti could hedge risk and reorganize us defensively and swang some **** at these madonnas. But he’s really not the answer long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom