• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Well, the United Kingdom just signed the wrong manager. Let's hope Arsenal does better.

mariann-barrena-carlo-ancelotti.jpg

You and your husband are beautiful, by the way!

GDeep™

League is very weak
What do people make of Carlo apparently leading “lax” training sessions, according to Honegstein.

When he got sacked by Bayern it was revealed by Kicker, that the players lead by Boateng and Robben had to lead secret training sessions behind his back because his were too relaxed.

Article in the Telegraph in recent days raising the same concerns, he has a coaching style suited to an established team or crop of players, not an Arsenal where you are basically starting from scratch and drilling new players and systems.

Legit concerns I think as coaching is our big issue.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
What do people make of Carlo apparently leading “lax” training sessions, according to Honegstein.

When he got sacked by Bayern it was revealed by Kicker, that the players lead by Boateng and Robben had to lead secret training sessions behind his back because his were too relaxed.

Article in the Telegraph in recent days raising the same concerns, he has a coaching style suited to an established team or crop of players, not an Arsenal where you are basically starting from scratch and drilling new players and systems.

Aren't German teams known for their extreme focus on high intensity endurance training?

Can imagine that Ancelotti's sessions, developed in the Mediterranean climate, were a bit more laid back compared to Bayerns intensive drills.

However, I do think long term we need more of the latter. Ancelotti's style could be ok for six months though.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I am almost certain that the delay in appointing a new manager is because they are waiting on Poch's decision. It would not have taken them two weeks to get a response from Arteta.

The fact that no answer has been forthcoming from Poch could very well be interpreted as a positive sign - an indication that he and Arsenal are currently in serious discussions - given that he apparently arrived back in London two days ago.

In the meantime, they have been fairly proactive by interviewing a wide range of candidates. Ancelotti has allegedly been spoken to, as have Pereira, Sousa, Vieira and Marcelino. This displays a deal of consideration by not rushing into appointing someone who may not be the best option in the long term.

Possibly. Poch is my choice, in fact most lists I see he is my only choice, if there is a chance to get him then a few weeks with Freddie is not a problem. If we wait until summer Poch will get offers from elsewhere.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Terry spoke about it earlier this year. I can see it working at some clubs & not others. He just gets the senior players input. We dont really have the ultra driven win or nothing players like Robben here to lead against the group.

I can't help feeling the relative quiet is pointing towards Arteta being appointed once Sundays game is out of the way. Personally I think the job wasn't right for him 18 months ago and is less so now. Needs an experienced hand on the tiller, preferably one who can drill a defence and get that end of the field sorted.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

It makes him the opposite of Unai Emery, whose training sessions have always been famously intense. Carlo told Kicker that he prefers a more laid-back approach in the buildup to games in order to give his players a chance to recuperate. His sessions focus on ball drills.

He said: 'In Spain there is a saying: 'demasiada agua mata la planta' – too much water kills the plant. It's the same with training.'

Coaches have been successful with both approaches. Often it depends on the team. Is Arsenal a team that needs intense and exhaustive training or might they benefit from a more relaxed approach? I don't know.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It just dawned on me we're hitting rock bottom atm when poeple desperately want either a completely unproven child that never managed a club or a Sp**s reject.

What a time to be alive.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
It just dawned on me we're hitting rock bottom atm when poeple desperately want either a completely unproven child that never managed a club or a Sp**s reject.

What a time to be alive.

That Sp**s reject is a phenomenal manager though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom