• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Sp**s or Liverpool were looking for a manager, do you think Arteta would be in the running for the job?
They've been behind us for 20 out of 22 years with our last appointment from left field, so I'd say they'd be running scared in case that happens again.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
the ignore button is really a godsend here. It was one of the main reasons for my making an account. Otherwise, when reading the forums, a lot of bitter trolling would ruin the experience and flow.

People who run this, you do realise dont you, that the viewership comes for the thoughtful and perceptive comments?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Liverpool have spent a lot of money in the last 10 years compared to us. We have the worst owner in the top six, a rookie coach coming in and a team that finished 5th and 6th in the last two seasons. Oh, and no budget basically.
6-8 club.

Funny because before Wenger our average finish in our history was about 6.

The circle of life this.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
This all shows where we're at as a club and where some of the so called fans sit if they really think Arteta is the best appointment at this moment in time.
I think some people would rather Arteta because he's "Wenger's man", either that or are just actively looking to wind people up on here.
Realistically he wont have the money to spend that Pep has had so what does it matter what he's learnt under him? Because of course money spent is all and is the only reason City are where they are, of course it is.....
I dont see anyone saying they wouldnt be backing Arteta if hes given it but theres nothing at all wrong with saying you dont believe in that appointment on a forum. Someone said our owners are risk averse and wont hire him for the risk of missing champions league. Maybe but I suspect Arteta would be cheap compared to the alternatives so thats the other angle to look at it, they are just businessmen and dont give two hoots for the club or fans...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
They've been behind us for 20 out of 22 years with our last appointment from left field, so I'd say they'd be running scared in case that happens again.
I think Wenger was at a different point in his managerial career in 1996, compared to Arteta in 2018.
Don't know. Sp**s tried twice to get him as a coach due to his coaching reputation, though.
And if Arsenal were doing the same I doubt many would mind, but we're talking about a head coach/manager.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This all shows where we're at as a club and where some of the so called fans sit if they really think Arteta is the best appointment at this moment in time.
I think some people would rather Arteta because he's "Wenger's man", either that or are just actively looking to wind people up on here.
Realistically he wont have the money to spend that Pep has had so what does it matter what he's learnt under him? Because of course money spent is all and is the only reason City are where they are, of course it is.....
I dont see anyone saying they wouldnt be backing Arteta if hes given it but theres nothing at all wrong with saying you dont believe in that appointment on a forum. Someone said our owners are risk averse and wont hire him for the risk of missing champions league. Maybe but I suspect Arteta would be cheap compared to the alternatives so thats the other angle to look at it, they are just businessmen and dont give two hoots for the club or fans...

When did Arteta become a “Wenger man”? He left Wenger to go to City.

Wenger has also said he’ll play no part in picking the new man, not his job.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Everton are a prime example of how spending more money doesn't necessarily buy success
Really? Their net spend is £50m this year but nowhere near that in past years. Their current squad cost is 7th in the league and they are currently 8th. Pretty close I'd say.

Sometimes wonder if people ever take any notice of anything I've been posting for 3 years. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom