• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pep next manager with Arteta as assistant would be absolutely brilliant for me.

Pep is just focusing on his own personal success... He don't want to stop at clubs for long time, and for that he will only take save jobs, save titles, save money spending so he can keep going between clubs and win everything for him self.

Don't think I wan't a manager like that.

Anyway I hope Wenger stay for 10 more years. He should set some record with us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah but Pep could stay for 4/5 years while he's Arteta's being groomed for a longer term appointment as our manager. :p

But yeah ideally Wenger signs another 2/3 years after 2017 anyways. I think by the time he hits 70 though he should be done.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Anyone expect either Henry or Pires to take over after Wenger? They're both working with Arsenal at the moment.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Anyone expect either Henry or Pires to take over after Wenger? .
No. They are not ready, it would be an inmense job to take. we either need a continuity like the one you suggest (Bould would be the guy) or we need an elite manager on Bielsa/Guardiola level.

TorontoGooner76

Frank de boer, overmars, bergkamp anyone?

Decent at Ajax, great youth system over there so I think they would handle the younger players well but De Boer has not really managed any elite superstars yet in his managerial career. Could be an interesting step for the 3 of them. It could be the bigger job De Boer is patiently waiting for, that is unless he ends up with the Dutch national side. Time will tell though...

TorontoGooner76

Is Frank De Boer really achieving much at Ajax though? Would be a bit of a risk.

I guess the question is whether he could achieve more with a squad full of stars as opposed to what he is working with at Ajax. Tbh, I haven't followed Ajax as much as I had a few years ago when he began managing them. He would have a few years to learn more I suppose.

We have to see who is in what situation come that day when Wenger decides to move on. I think someone such as De Boer would be hungry for a bigger job and challenge if he could wait that long. I am not saying that he would be my choice by any means, but it is another interesting name thrown into the mix.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Slaven Bilić any one was supposed to replace Wenger in the past

Off to a good start at West Ham so far. I think the board will also keep an eye on Martinez. As far as I can see, none of our former players are ready for this job. Guardiola seems to me to be a bad fit for us. We tend to keep managers for awhile, and he seems more like a traveling manager.

haha_arsenal

Former players are mentioned a lot,
If it's the case, I think Boulder might have a good shot,
Already his right hand man, knows the club,
Arsenal through and through,

If Arteta, Henry, Adam could do the job (according to you all)
So could Steve Bould

Marmaduke

Martinez, although I like him, doesn't excite me in the least, not sure why either.

We all know Pep's pampered pedigree but I would take the guy in a heartbeat. You can guarantee he would only join us if he was given a massive transfer budget so we can finally see if spending big will get results (even though the fantastic platform has been made by Wengers for so many years).

Bilic would also be an interesting choice. Certainly will give us some grit and nastiness.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Pep would be great, was going mental on the touch line all game the other day even when we weren't getting a kick, absolute perfectionist.

I don't see anyone else at the moment with the right pedigree. I'm sure it won't be an existing premier league manager. Maybe it'll be someone no one has heard of like wenger himself when he first turned up.

gunnergoa

Whomever we sign one thing for sure is that they wont managed as long as Wenger you know 15 plus year and over thousand game. The managers now a days go for short time solutions if we can Get Pep and he ends up winning us the champions league twice or thrice in his 5 year stint then why not

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think if we entertain the idea of short serving managers, the board will have to take a more active role in setting the transfer and wage budget. A manager that does not expect to be at the club long term, is probably more likely to overspend. We may like it or not, but one of the reasons we have outperformed Sp**s and Liverpool in the league, is because we have spent our money more wisely.

E

Enoch

The managers now a days go for short time solutions

Agree, didn't Pep say before our match he thinks twenty years at a club is boring and that he'll never do it? Along those lines i think, and if that's the case then maybe that turns the board off a bit? I personally don't want a new manager every five years, and i know that's more of a reality, but i still think we can find a long term manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom