• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lilian Thuram

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Gooner

Established Member
One of the best defenders Ive seen.

But we dont really need him, but Im alright with the idea of him coming here as a coach.

(Wasnt Wenger the one who kick started Thurams career back at AS Monacco?)

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
nidza7 said:
he`s a model defender,true professional

Also a very top person off the pitch too, very influentual interviews, when he speaks you listen and never hear s**t about him in press or media

Noones perfect as its something noone has ever achieved, only some may say adam and eve but looked what happened to them lol

Legend#1

Established Member
Wenger's a huge admirer.

I've heard that when Wenger speaks to the team about professionalism, he uses Thuram as the prime example.

It wouldn't surprise me if this happened.

-Shaun-

It wouldn't suprise me at all this one, as a coach here. He could be very influential on young and experienced talent here.

I would most certainly welcome his appointment.

godfather

true gooner said:
(Wasnt Wenger the one who kick started Thurams career back at AS Monacco?)

Yes, very true!
Wenger was the one who gave Thuam the 1st chance and keep him in the 1st team when almost everyone (Monacco's board and fans) against it.

Alfonso

Established Member
One of my favourite players of all time. A gentleman off the pitch, a defensive colossal on it. And I would put him amongst the top 3 best defenders of the past 10 years (alongside Cannavaro and Nesta). I witnessed one of the best defensive peformances of all time when he shut down Barca at the Nou Camp in the CL when he was playing for Juve. Extremely noble man as well. Im sure he will have a massive career in politcs when he retires.

He is a bit past it playing wise. But as a coach he would be unbelivable. The sheer charisma and status he has would be enough to motivate any player.

When he had his first training session with Barca he got clapped on to the pitch, in a sort of guard of honour, which hardly happens in football. Shows the respect everyone in football holds for the man.

I cant praise this guy enough. The best French defender of all time.

Anzac

Established Member
if he was a player / coach - who says that he'd play in the EPL as anything other than as an emergency cover?????

so long as we weren't paying EPL type wages then he'd be ideal in his coaching role to work / play with the Reserves / C Cup squad.............

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Alfonso said:
One of my favourite players of all time. A gentleman off the pitch, a defensive colossal on it. And I would put him amongst the top 3 best defenders of the past 10 years (alongside Cannavaro and Nesta). I witnessed one of the best defensive peformances of all time when he shut down Barca at the Nou Camp in the CL when he was playing for Juve. Extremely noble man as well. Im sure he will have a massive career in politcs when he retires.

He is a bit past it playing wise. But as a coach he would be unbelivable. The sheer charisma and status he has would be enough to motivate any player.

When he had his first training session with Barca he got clapped on to the pitch, in a sort of guard of honour, which hardly happens in football. Shows the respect everyone in football holds for the man.

I cant praise this guy enough. The best French defender of all time.

Youve done it best for me as I tried and couldnt do it myself but is one of my best players of all time

This guy is world class on and off the pitch and brings out the best i n anyone he plays besides
This guy is the most composed defender, he knows how to get out of the hardest situations, even his own 6 yard box at times with his brain, skill and calmness and belief in his own ability

kamikaze80

Established Member
20k a year to be a player-coach wouldnt be a bad deal. he could be kinda like a defender version of bergkamp in his later years. he shouldnt play at all, though, it would be more with a view towards getting him into a coaching role here.

Pádraig

Only thing I can remember about Thuram is that I had him in my dream team a few years ago.

The guy has a huge amount of experience and it looks as if he would make a good coach, especially for our young full backs such as Hoyte, Troare, Clichy and even Sagna. Of course, he would be able to pass on a thing or two to Toure and Gallas as well.

I think he is too old to play for us, though. And I'm not saying that because we have a young squad but because of the physical aspect of the Premier League.

However, for some reason I can actually see Wenger bringing him to the club. Meh, maybe it's the French thing.

Pádraig

godfather said:
Pádraig said:
Only thing I can remember about Thuram is that I had him in my dream team a few years ago.

What are you talking about?

:D :D :shock:

Basically, I thought he was a great player but then I stopped following him and I more or less forgot about him.

kooldawg

Established Member
Well he would be great in a coaching role, would be a whole lot beneficial to the youngsters as well as even the established players.

Don't really think that he will be utilized a whole lot, but he can definately play the Costacurta role here.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
If he would really be a cover and plans to have a coach job here I wouldn't be against it obviusly, but I hough I read himself dening any link whatsoever.

Captain

Established Member
His agent gave a very diplomatic response to the question; neither denying it or confirming the rumour.

For some reason I thought Thuram was going into Politics, though I haven't a clue where that idea came from.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
His agent left it in Thurams hands to decide his future but Lilian said he would of been a priest after winning the world cup in 98 but he wanted to keep playing as the money in football was too good to just walk away

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: Lilian Thuram linked

i dont see a link for that.. i know it was being considered, but not confirmed...

ehh, close enough... thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom