• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 1 - Player Ratings

P_Gunner

outlaw_member said:
Wilshere 4 - Was at fault for the goal and caught in possession a few times. Still, which genius thought that he could play as a DCM?

Nasri 5 - Average, as usual. Takes too long on the ball and fails to see things develop in front. If this game is anything to go by, all the recent hype has been misplaced.

I absolutely hate seeing Wilshere that deep. Its a complete waste of his talent in the final third. Hope we don't see him have to play that deep again.

As for Nasri - he was great in the first half. He made nice runs and kept possession well. His through balls were off, but to be fair to him he never had many options for these passes. In the second half he went back to being average Nasri.

kel varnsen

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Dennis10 said:
This is spot one. Nasri has so many good first touches, but at the same time fails to pick out his pass quick enough. Poor movement can probably take some of the blame, but dwelled on the ball far to much to deserve a 7 i my opinion.

Nasri takes alot of great technical touches, but he doesn't see a picture, then turns back and loads a short pass out to nowehere. A perfect example was when he was on the edge of the box, Arshavin gave him the ball who then made a run on the outside of the CB, there was sufficient space to play him in, but Nasri took the ball, done a few swivels and passed it backwards.

or when he could have played eboue clean through, but decided to take the shot himself.

James

Established Member
Almunia 3
Sagna 6
Vermaelen 6
Koscielny 8
Clichy 5
Diaby 6
Wilshere 5
Nasri 7
Arshavin 4
Eboue 5
Chamakh 5

xcdude24

Established Member
Voldemort- 4

Clichy- 4.5
Verm- 6.5
Koscielny- 7.5
Sagna- 6.5

Diaby- 7
Wilshere- 5.5
Nasri- 7

Eboue- 4.5
Chamakh- 5.5
Arshavin- 5

Rosicky- 7.5
Walcott- 5.5
RVP- 6.5

GaelForce22

Established Member
Almunia 4

Sagna 5
Koscielny 7
Vermaelen 6
Clichy 5

Diaby 5
Wilshere 4
Nasri 5
Eboue 5
Arshavin 3

Chamakh 5

Rosicky and Walcott 5.5

outlaw_member said:
Wilshere has no business playing as a DCM in a 4-2-3-1.
That still confuses me. This whole formation is odd, not sure why we changed from this time last year.

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 5
Sagna 6
Koscielny 7
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 5
Diaby 5
Wilshere 4
Nasri 6
Eboue 5
Chamakh 6
Arshavin 4

Rosicky 7
Walcott 5
RvP 6

qs

Established Member
Almunia 4

Sagna 6
Koscielny 8
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 6

Wilshere 5
Diaby 4
Nasri 7

Eboue 5
Chamakh 6
Arshavin 2

Rosicky 7
Walcott 6
RVP 5

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 3 - fk off you useless piece of ****. I really can't stand him anymore
Sagna 6
Koscielny 7 - very happy with his assured display and very calm passing
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 5 - very very shaky
Diaby 5.5 - was good in the first half but fizzled off
Wilshere 5 - inexperienced shown.
Nasri 6 - no balls to shoot or take on players again
Eboue 5.5
Arshavin 5 - nothing came out of anything he tried, still produced some dangerous balls though
Chamakh 6 - very ineffective, still produced that moment when needed. needs to stop laying balls back too often

Rosicky 7 - changed the game for us, great runs from midfield.
Walcott 6
RVP N.A

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I cannot forgive Almunia for that near post blunder. Sure it was a costly mistake from a defensive point of view, but its just unforgivable.

Defensively, no comment.

Offensively, again we still havent learned that there is no point in dwelling on the ball (Nasri turning and turning and turning). We seem to want the opposition to get back in numbers so that we "earn" our last pass into the net.

Special mention to Koscielny, he had a good game.

Onto my ratings

Almunia - 4

Sagna - 4
Vermaelen - 6
Koscielny - 7
Clichy - 4

Diaby - 5
Wilshere - 4
Nasri - 6

Eboue - 4
Chamakh - 5
Arshavin - 4

Subs

Walcott - 5
Rosicky - 5
RVP - N/A

True Gooner

Established Member
Rosicky's performance was a pleasant surprise when we needed it the most. I wanted him to stay with us since the close of last season because I felt he still had the ability to raise the pace of the game even if he's slightly erratic.

Here's hoping he can keep it up for 90 minutes next time.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Can't be arsed to rate most of them but I thought we did okay under the circumstances. Arshavin, Clichy and Wilshere were very poor but the rest of them looked okay. Vermaelen and Nasri deserves a bit extra cred for their effort, perhaps. Rosicky had a good substitution too which showed that perhaps he should have been preferred to Jack from the start.

Koscielny was my MOTM by a mile or so, though. This game showed exactly what he's about. Calm, quick, clever, technical. Made several crucial interceptions and won almost everything in the air. He deserved a better end to what was a very inspiring debut in Premier League, but it's hardly his fault that Atkinson is a bloody idiot.

Oh, and Joe Cole can go **** himself. What a ****ing *****.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Rosicky's performance was a pleasant surprise when we needed it the most. I wanted him to stay with us since the close of last season because I felt he still had the ability to raise the pace of the game even if he's slightly erratic.

Here's hoping he can keep it up for 90 minutes next time.

Rosicky will be fine so long as he plays in a central role. He doesn't have the tools to ever be of use on the flank so I found it amusing that so many people wrote him off last season based on a poor ending to the season in a struggling team, in a role he isn't suited to.

Just hope Wenger never uses him in a wide role again.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Even though I gave Nasri a 6, I was very disappointed with him today. After all the hype in pre-season he just failed to bring it.

All his free-kicks were crap, far too slow to release the ball and did nothing in the final third which is bad considering he was basically playing Cesc's role for the first half.

I also struggle to see a role where he'll truly excel at this club - he looks more CM than AM/Wide player to me. Just another solid-ish player for the time being.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Mad Al Disease- 0 Well, i don't know what to say anymore, i really don't.
Sagna-6 All right defensively, hopeless crossing
Koscielny-6 Thought he did well, took a point off for the red card though he was a bit unlucky.
Vermaelen- 7 Very Vermish.
Clichy - 3 Awful
Diaby- 5 Meh
Eboue - 5 Meh
Wilshere -5 Battled but still quiet
Nasri-7 Good
Arshavin -3 Awful
Chamack- 5 Quiet but as he's a new boy i'll be kind

Subs-

Walcott-5
Rosicky-6 Showed glimpses
Van Persie-6

True Gooner

Established Member
fabo said:
Even though I gave Nasri a 6, I was very disappointed with him today. After all the hype in pre-season he just failed to bring it.

All his free-kicks were crap, far too slow to release the ball and did nothing in the final third which is bad considering he was basically playing Cesc's role for the first half.

I also struggle to see a role where he'll truly excel at this club - he looks more CM than AM/Wide player to me. Just another solid-ish player for the time being.

In my mind Wilshere (or better still, Rosicky) and Nasri should have had their roles reversed.

Captain

Established Member
True Gooner said:
fabo said:

In my mind Wilshere (or better still, Rosicky) and Nasri should have had their roles reversed.

That would be my assessment.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom