• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

alonso14

Established Member
Seeing as Aston Villa have one, I have decided to open one up about us....If nothing else it will mean the English Football thread will n ot get as clogged

Rumours abound this morning that we are trying to sign David Wheater from Boro

Also, Ryan Babel has been told he can leave....price tag around £8m....with Sp**s and Villa being linked......According to one of the local papers, we will try to use him as part of a deal to get Gareth Barry

ricky1985

Established Member
Re: Liverpool........(well Aston Villa have a thread!)

I think you should go out and get Glen Johnson and Aaron Lennon this summer.

alonso14

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
I think you should go out and get Glen Johnson and Aaron Lennon this summer.

Not a lover of Lennon....

Not a Rafa player either.......he likes workers, and players who can hold themselves physically...

Johnson is someone rafa really likes, but the price tag may put him off

The other news is he wants Seb Leto to come back from loan at Olympiakos, pending resolving his work permit

I never rated him when he was here, but Rafa really does..

I dont know how he has got on in Greece

ricky1985

Established Member

I don't think he's great at the moment (Lennon), but he can beat a man for fun, and he has scary speed. I think he'd improve no end surrounded by better players, with more of the ball and more chances to go at his man.

alonso14

Established Member

he needs more than that for Rafa though.....

he doesnt trust players who are not disciplined, and I dont get the feeling that Lennon is that!

GaelForce22

Established Member

If we don't improve as much as we need to over the summer, I think you'll win the league next year. No way can United win four in a row.

But I'm not really sure what you're team needs, on paper Riera/Benayoun and Kuyt don't look creative enough on the wings but the way they've all played this season has shocked me. Would you be able to improve on those with players that Rafa trusts to still work hard/ stick to his system?
And in the other direction, your defence which was previously your biggest strength hasn't been as good as it used to look in the last few months. I can't see Wheater improving you there (assuming the rumours are true), he's just more of what you've already got.

But it all depends on whether you keep Alonso. Barry just isn't capable of doing what he does for you, very few players are.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member

Liverpool should be aiming higher than Lennon. Someone with creativity and guile to help them break down a packed defence. They've got enough players to counter-attack as it is.

alonso14

Established Member

My season ticket renewal has just dropped through the letter box

£634.00 before 17th June

£684 after

alonso14

Established Member

Cheaper because of the VAT reduction

alonso14

Established Member

we have a player to break down packed defences

Yossi Benayoun

If he had been in the form he ended the season in, when we were playing WHU, Stoke, Fulham at home we would have won the league

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

Yeh I don't rate Lennon at all, no end product. As much as it pains me to say it but I'd rather have Kuyt on the wing than Lennon.

Pool have had average right wingers before (see Jermaine Pennant) I don't think they need another one in Lennon.

alonso14

Established Member

Stevo the Villan said:
Yeh I don't rate Lennon at all, no end product. As much as it pains me to say it but I'd rather have Kuyt on the wing than Lennon.

Pool have had average right wingers before (see Jermaine Pennant) I don't think they need another one in Lennon.

Kuyt has been excellent this season

his final ball has been much better

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member

alonso14 said:

Yossi Benayoun

If he had been in the form he ended the season in, when we were playing WHU, Stoke, Fulham at home we would have won the league
... and if he had been injured at the end of the season?

alonso14

Established Member

Pepe LeFrits said:
alonso14 said:

Yossi Benayoun

... and if he had been injured at the end of the season?

fair point, but we are not going to blow a large part of our money on cover for Benayoun

ricky1985

Established Member

Benayoun isn't a top class player Alonso. He's alright in patches, and a good player, but he shouldn't be starting in your team if you want to win the League.

patrick42uk

Established Member

alonso14 said:
he needs more than that for Rafa though.....

he doesnt trust players who are not disciplined, and I dont get the feeling that Lennon is that!

Lennon has surprisingly decent work rate. He does a lot of work the other way that goes unnoticed. The thing that prevents me from being top class is his final ball.

ricky1985

Established Member

Stevo the Villan said:

I'm not Lennon's biggest fan, and I'm not sure I'd have him at Arsenal, but he is almost impossible to deal with. I know his final is lacking most of the time, but when he's on it, he's unstoppable. Look what he has done to Man United a couple of times this season.

I think if he went to Liverpool, he'd have longer spells when he's on it.

ibby

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Benayoun isn't a top class player Alonso. He's alright in patches, and a good player, but he shouldn't be starting in your team if you want to win the League.
Yossi would get into Chelsea's, Arsenal's and United's starting XI.

ricky1985

Established Member

ibby said:
ricky1985 said:
Yossi would get into Chelsea's, Arsenal's and United's starting XI.

In your opinion. I disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom