• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

look at the games we have to play

Ridge

April
Sat 3rd Portsmouth PREM. 15:00
H Sat 10th Liverpool PREM. 15:00
A Mon 12th Newcastle United PREM. 15:00
H Sat 17th Leeds United PREM. 15:00
A Sat 24th Tottenham Hotspur PREM.

look at the fixtures, we're gonna play 5 premiership games in a month, liverpool and newcastle in 2 days?

and if we march through the champion league quarter or semi finals, there will be more!

:roll:

Arsene

Newcastle away is the worst, but we could slip up at any of those fixtures, except for Sp**s.

zerofeel

jam packed schedule but i think the gooners can cope with such heavy fixtures since they are matured enough this season to grind out results but Newcastle away is always tough...hope that all the senior players will not be bog down by suspensions or injuries..we have such a small squad!

lewdikris

Established Member
We went through it in October... we'll deal with it then. Championships are about momentum - momentum gets you through that kind of schedule.

Adam

Established Member
It's good when you have games in tight periods. Winning in cycles is more efficient.

If we get into a good winning mentality - then these games could be routine.

When you don't have time to think about a game too much - you can rely on ability much more than the psychological factors of the match. You start to rely on your winning foundation that you have established over the last few fixtures - you fall back on it as a safety net and as a style. Template winning!

Taozhe

Lets cheer the team on for these matches. Looking at matches during the liv, man , chelsea matches .. we coped very well :)

lets hope we do brilliantly this time

To be honest, we are missing strikers. Jeffers actually was quite ok until the stupid red card incident. If we can give him another chance ... maybe :)

Oooops .. i can detect many ppl screaming at me now!! *Hides from jeffer blasters* ;D

thegame24

Established Member
Sp**s are gonna get bum rushed on my birthday :D

april is cool for me. arsenal like these pressure games!

and so do i, it means more arsenal on the TELE

A.Hussain

wenger better bring back pennant now. seeing how freddy is coping with injury. we might lose for the rest of the season if wenger doesnt let him heal and plays him for this entire cycle of games

JazzG

Established Member
Last season the mancs had to play us, liverpool and newcastle in a row. They won 5 out of the 6 matches and thus proved they were worthy champions.

At the start of this season I said we had to prove it as well, we have picked up 10 out of 12 points against man utd, newcastle, liverpool and chelsea. No other team has a record this good, now we gotta pick up at least another 9 against those teams again.

I see no reason for us not beating all of those sides.

Mark

Established Member
liverpool and newcastle in two days though, those are tough. if there was a longer length of time between them i wouldn't be worried, but they are tough physical games and especially since it's nearly the end of the season a lot of players may be tired. the rest shouldn't be a problem.

AFCG7

Established Member
Sp**s are fighting relegation.. will be a very very tough game.
They gave us hell at Highbury..what makes u lot think we will beat them so badly at ****e Har Lane???

laolu

it's april, there is no how we won't have games like that: that is the price you pay for being in the EPL. Adding CL and Fa cup games (hopefully) is the price we'll pay for success. If we plan to win on many fronts, we have to be ready to pay for that success

... it doesn't come cheap

by the way, it could get worse or better, fixtures could still be changed and all that

AFCG7 said:
They gave us hell at Highbury..what makes u lot think we will beat them so badly at s***e Har Lane???

Only two games a season they actually get fired up for, and they really needn't bother.

reggiepaul

Ridge said:
April
Sat 3rd Portsmouth PREM. 15:00
H Sat 10th Liverpool PREM. 15:00
A Mon 12th Newcastle United PREM. 15:00
H Sat 17th Leeds United PREM. 15:00
A Sat 24th Tottenham Hotspur PREM.

look at the fixtures, we're gonna play 5 premiership games in a month, liverpool and newcastle in 2 days?

and if we march through the champion league quarter or semi finals, there will be more!

:roll:

It will be at max 7 games and you have to add if we do get to the semi's in the FA Cup we'll get Pompey moved or the FA Cup moved to another day. I don't think the Newcastle game is absolute yet either.

There will be a lot of chopping and changing between now and April as well to compensate for our schedule.

Ridge

A.Hussain said:
wenger better bring back pennant now. seeing how freddy is coping with injury. we might lose for the rest of the season if wenger doesnt let him heal and plays him for this entire cycle of games
he will extend and extend his loan...... :eek:ops:

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
The Newcastle games an evening kick off, but the rest are all 3 o'clock on Saturdays!!! Woohoo!!! Thats the most amazing thing about those fixtures

leongsh

Does not matter who Arsenal have to play, whether at home or away. It will be one match at a time. Arsenal will deal with the matches when they come. More importantly for Gooners who don't have a season ticket at Highbury is that more matches involving Arsenal will be televised :)

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom