• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No it doesn't, we could buy Messi up front and still end up 6th because of a midfield that isn't mobile enough and defenders that **** up. It's really that simple. Same problems as the last window so far.

Maybe with Ronaldo, but sure as hell not Messi.
Guy's the best AM, CM, CF And winger combined.

Your point is correct though

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Listen, if we're willing to spend 18m I think it's a case of no Partey, despite then being different players.

Either that or no Ceballos, but that's a loan so it should be fine, I guess.

We would need the money from Torreiras sale for Partey or a CB regardless, so it seems that going for Diawara is the plan b.

And that's exactly the horror behind it.
We have done that for years and it's why we are where we currently are.

Diawara might turn out good, but the club ain't kidding me into believing that's their next choice, but rather a cheap alternative that "might work somehow"

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
The squad cost would be a lot higher than 6th, so surely the team would finish higher?

tenor.gif

Kysus

From statsbomb. You can see why we are interested. Don't forget: We need multiple Cms
A common sight during matches is the deepest midfielder retreating close to the centerback, allowing the fullbacks to push on higher up the pitch. From there, the midfielder has to have the requisite ability to make ground passes between the lines into the middle third and even beyond, transitioning past the earlier stages of buildup. It is a must as well for teams wanting to compete at a high level that the deep midfielder tasked with this is comfortable making these passes. Amadou Diawara is a great example of someone who has performed this task at a high level in his limited game time at Napoli, it is no doubt one of the reasons why Roma acquired his services this summer.

Diawara fits a lot of the requirements for the modern day defensive midfielder. He uses his intelligence and positional awareness to rack up interceptions and tackles. On offense, he is technically sound with a good understanding of his surroundings both on the ball and off of it. He makes quick decisions with his passing even while under pressure, so there’s no stuttering with trying to get the ball out of his feet. He’s not afraid to attempt vertical passes between the lines or even attempt long balls when teammates make off-ball runs.

Amadou-Diawara-Serie-A-2018_2019.png

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is the sort of @Makingtrax I like to see and can converse with decently.

I think the thing with Willian is he's going to be playing LW/RW/AM and as a third more attacking CM in a 433. So he's in for flexibility as well as being able to create a lot of chances which is what we really lack.

But like you say we need to make 3 or 4 other additions as well as many, many sales.

Onto the thread and a potential Diawara swap, he's nothing special but he's better than Torreira and would suit the Premier league better than Torreira. He's 6ft tall and works his socks off in DM.

You kind of need players like him in your squad, so as that sort of option I don't think you can go wrong. Especially if Ceballos isn't resigning.

However if this is to replace the Partey deal the club can do one. I stress that if we really can't get money for Torreira then I'd do this, but money over Diawara imo.
I agree with most of that. So I'll hold back on the vitriol until we get those midfielders (and a decent CB to match Saliba). Just hope my faith in your faith is rewarded.Pax tecum.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
On paper seems a pretty fair swap. Not sure why so many against it... may not be world beater but neither is Lucas.

Dont see how it effects a Partey deal. Guess we need three central midfielders if Lucas off unless Douzi comes back in the fold or AMN has a new role.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree with most of that. So I'll hold back on the vitriol until we get those midfielders (and a decent CB to match Saliba). Just hope my faith in your faith is rewarded.Pax tecum.

I do have faith tbf. I know people will bash Raul and co and they will have their own reasons for that which is fair enough. But whatever you think about him when we start going for a player we do tend to get it done.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Some of them are, some of them aren’t. This came from a reliable one.

Logically though it doesn't make sense to me. We need first 11 players, why would we replace a squad player with another squad player? The proceeds of all outgoing players should be put towards first 11 players.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Logically though it doesn't make sense to me. We need first 11 players, why would we replace a squad player with another squad player? The proceeds of all outgoing players should be put towards first 11 players.

If we don’t have squad depth we will get nowhere. At the minute we have Xhaka as the only midfielder who looks like he’ll be here next year.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we don’t have squad depth we will get nowhere. At the minute we have Xhaka as the only midfielder who looks like he’ll be here next year.

Yeah this. Whilst you do need a first 11 of top quality across the board you also need good squad players. I mean I think we probably have 5 or 6 players already who'll still be starters in two seasons time. Two summers to sign another 5 or 6 starters so the team can challenge whilst Auba is here is the goal.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we dont have a serious first 11 we will get nowhere. The way you improve your squad is by signing players that will play in the first 11, and given we have serious gaps in our starting lineup, that should be the only priority.

I havent watched this guy play, but an educated guess would suggest he wouldn't come in and significantly improve the quality of the first 11 (of course if the club think this guy is first 11 quality then go for it).

I dont see the point replacing Torreira with a player that will likely fill the same role, its a waste of time that could be better spent pursing other targets.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah this. Whilst you do need a first 11 of top quality across the board you also need good squad players. I mean I think we probably have 5 or 6 players already who'll still be starters in two seasons time. Two summers to sign another 5 or 6 starters so the team can challenge whilst Auba is here is the goal.

The problem is we have massive gaps in our first 11. If we had a balanced team with quality across the pitch, then fine go for it, but we have serious issue that only top class players will solve.

This guy may be good, but I can't see him taking our midfield up a level to compete with the rest of the top 6.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we dont have a serious first 11 we will get nowhere. The way you improve your squad is by signing players that will play in the first 11, and given we have serious gaps in our starting lineup, that should be the only priority.

I havent watched this guy play, but an educated guess would suggest he wouldn't come in and significantly improve the quality of the first 11 (of course if the club think this guy is first 11 quality then go for it).

I dont see the point replacing Torreira with a player that will likely fill the same role, its a waste of time that could be better spent pursing other targets.

We are in the Europa league so we can't get a serious 11 in one summer. It'll probably take this one and the next to get a serious 11.

First step is sign players to get CL football next season. Second step after that is adding the right finishing touches to then challenge further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom