• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luka Modrić

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Tsabo Tavoc [Newbie]

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:41 am
Why dont we buy Eduardo and Modric? A few weeks ago it seemed like it never would of happened but i was really hoping such a deal is possible and now all i can say is thank u Arsène!!!!!!!!! And now i would like to see Luka Modric in Arsenal shirt also because he is Croatian player No1! Everything starts with Luka and ends with Dudu in Croatian representation. Luka has great passing, driblling and he runs a lot. He is great attacking player but he is also great in his defensive roll in the miedfield. He reminds me of Pavel Nedved but I think he could be even greater player than he was. Luka is 21 years old and he is already No1 in Croatia(sorry Dudu). we must get him now before wealthiest clubs than Arsenal starts to chase him!!!!!!!!!!!

Got that from the topic regulation, my mouth is salivating when the newbie said Nedved!!!
Well actually yes he has similarities with Nedved. But he isn't neither Cesc, Neither Rosicky neither Nedved, neither I don't know who else. He is Modric.
I also agree with part that he is no1 in Croatia. He is the ONLY player that played all the games 1-90min since Bilic took over. He is irreplacible in both Croatia and Dinamo, that's why the ywant to keep him as lond as possible.

vanPersie

Does anyone think Dinamo may have slipped up slightly with their odd claims that Arsenal had a agreed a €25m deal with them for Eduardo?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
25m euros would be worth it for modric in a long term deal. best is we get first option for him, take him on loan this season, then sign him for an agreed fee. theres still the fear of him not being able to adapt and 25m euros is a huge risk.

also this transfers has advantages. he can help eduardo settle and vice versa. then they have friends and its easier to adapt and settle down.

Mckenna

>YounGunner< said:
He looks to have a good shot on him. However is he someone we really need?

Tommy says on the ball hes like Cesc so is there any point in buying him? Especially to play on the wing!
Depends whether you wish to push on or not. Cesc cannot play every game next season, while Ljungberg is in complete decline and Hleb appears to have gotten somewhat lost on the right wing. Modric would bring intense competition to these players, forcing them to up their game and also giving Cesc the opportunity to have a rest every once in a while. Cesc will not be able to play 60 games every season. Injuries, bans and tiredness will creep in, especially if there are end of season national tournaments. By all counts, sounds like one of those "super super" players that Arsène was after and I'd be all for his signing.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Did you see that little step over from Eduardo near the end of the youtube? Looks good. Well to a totally superficial sod like me anyway.

Viper

Established Member
Mckenna said:
>YounGunner< said:

Tommy says on the ball hes like Cesc so is there any point in buying him? Especially to play on the wing!
Depends whether you wish to push on or not. Cesc cannot play every game next season, while Ljungberg is in complete decline and Hleb appears to have gotten somewhat lost on the right wing. Modric would bring intense competition to these players, forcing them to up their game and also giving Cesc the opportunity to have a rest every once in a while. Cesc will not be able to play 60 games every season. Injuries, bans and tiredness will creep in, especially if there are end of season national tournaments. By all counts, sounds like one of those "super super" players that Arsène was after and I'd be all for his signing.
Nicely said.

But I think we should really be in the hunt for a winger instead.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
vanPersie said:
Does anyone think Dinamo may have slipped up slightly with their odd claims that Arsenal had a agreed a €25m deal with them for Eduardo?

Do you mean €25m combined for Eduardo AND Modric? Or just Modric?

It would be incrdible to have Modric, Hleb, Fabregas and Rosicky in the squad. Four playmakers of the highest order. Having said that what we really need is an out and out wing man.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
he is young and can adapt, he seems to have the technical skill and drive to make it, just a little fine tuning by Arsène and he would slot in nicely.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

i have seen modric clips. he isnt a very intense dribbler, so i think if he plays wings, he will be cutting in. also he has a very good shot in him. i agree we need a proper wing man. but tevez and modric both would solve the wings even if they are not proper wingers because their quality is so immense that you need not even need a winger already.

and that thommyboy, i remember theres another brazilian in dinamo called etto. i was quite impressed by him either. just watch The New Croatian Generation (Kranjcar, Eduardo, Modric) video.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
i have seen modric clips. he isnt a very intense dribbler, so i think if he plays wings, he will be cutting in. also he has a very good shot in him. i agree we need a proper wing man. but tevez and modric both would solve the wings even if they are not proper wingers because their quality is so immense that you need not even need a winger already.

and that thommyboy, i remember theres another brazilian in dinamo called etto. i was quite impressed by him either. just watch The New Croatian Generation (Kranjcar, Eduardo, Modric) video.
He was injured since November I think. long time anyway. Yes he was really good player, I tlooked like he can't ge tired or that ther is no defence he can't break from the wing. But he realyy never played a big game except Arsenal and Auxerre games. There way some questionable link between Etto and Arsenal about 8 months ago and nothing since then. Huge enigma, because of loooong injury break.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Yes, we have been linked with Etto before too. Thommyboy, do you think he is good enough for Arsenal?

Back to Modric; I have heard so many people rave about his ability and brilliance over the last year or so. He sounds like he would be a great signing, but I hope he's not played out of position if we sign him.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Yes, we have been linked with Etto before too. Thommyboy, do you think he is good enough for Arsenal?

Back to Modric; I have heard so many people rave about his ability and brilliance over the last year or so. He sounds like he would be a great signing, but I hope he's not played out of position if we sign him.
Good enough, I don't know. It is really hard to tell, but IMO he is much closer to "no" than to "yes". Modric and Dudu are definitly yes, Vukojevic is even more definitly no, but Etto has strength potential and ability, but I don't think he could be good enough, but I can be wrong of course.

Mckenna

Viper said:
Mckenna said:
>YounGunner< said:

Nicely said.

Doesn't necessarily mean that we won't sign a winger if we happened to sign Modric. Meanwhile, it's been a while since we've actually played a traditional winger either on the right or the left. What I think we've got to look for are players adept at playing good attacking football. Pires, Rosicky and Reyes were never really wingers in the conventional sense, but they did good jobs on the left. I mean, really, what are we going to do with conventional wingers who deliver crosses?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

i am quite confused with etto and eduardo initially when they played us. i know both are the brazilians zagreb fans warned us about.

i finish watching the video. i didnt know that pompey's croat has such fantastic skills. modric hasnt has skillful drilling ability but hell can he shoot. eduardo is very skillful on the ball and use fanciful tricks to unlock defences

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mckenna said:
Viper said:
Mckenna said:
>YounGunner< said:

Nicely said.

Doesn't necessarily mean that we won't sign a winger if we happened to sign Modric. Meanwhile, it's been a while since we've actually played a traditional winger either on the right or the left. What I think we've got to look for are players adept at playing good attacking football. Pires, Rosicky and Reyes were never really wingers in the conventional sense, but they did good jobs on the left. I mean, really, what are we going to do with conventional wingers who deliver crosses?
i reckon conventional wingers are players like kevin kilbane, take ball, push forward and cross. beckham fits into the category too. we won't be in for those kind, but we will look to sign skillful wingers. players like robben, robinho, cronaldo. those that terrorise defence and dribbles into the box.

rosicky and hleb are attacking central playmakers played out of position on wings. reyes can be counted as a proper winger, pires can be too.

Big_Cake

Paddy from Sweden said:
Thommybhoy,

Posted this in the Starlet thread but I guess it really belongs in here:

Good to hear that Modric have had quite a tough past as a player so he might already be ready for next step. Have seen very little of him, only some matches with Croatia, but I think he looks somewhat like Rosicky in his build and how he moves himself and dribbles.

The one thing I am a little afraid of is that the team get's smaller and smaller. We seem to loose some height every summer when players leave and new arrives. If it continues we'll get even bigger problems on dead ball situations than we've had before.

I see your point, we are too short especially in defence, but when Ade and Diaby are playing they add height, but still, we are getting too small

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
why worry about dead ball situations? when our team has matured the otherr teams won't even loan the ball. We will be the football version of HArlem Globetrotters

sam961gunners

How many goals has he got this season then?
I don't really know much about him, is he a good winger?
Where has he played the majority of the time for Zagreb this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom