• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man u - Arsenal, player ratings

kel varnsen

Established Member
fabianski - 6
sagna - 6
gibbs - 7
toure - 9
song - 8
nasri - 7
diaby - 5
cesc - 5
denilson - 7
arshavin - 6
van persie - 6

walcott - 3
bendtner - 4

LucasNL

kel varnsen said:
fabianski - 6
sagna - 6
gibbs - 7
Touré - 9
song - 8
nasri - 7
diaby - 5
cesc - 5
denilson - 7
arshavin - 6
van persie - 6

walcott - 3
bendtner - 4

Agreed except I'd give Nasri a 6.

True Gooner

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
fabianski - 6
sagna - 6
gibbs - 7
Touré - 9
song - 8
nasri - 7
diaby - 5
cesc - 5
denilson - 7
arshavin - 6
van persie - 6

walcott - 3
bendtner - 4

Spot on.

Except Id given Toure and Song one point less, they weren't really tested.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Fabianski 7 - Brilliant slide tackle on Tevez. Don't think he had to make a save after that.

Sagna 7
Toure 8
Song 8
Gibbs 7

Nasri 7
Fabregas 6
Denilson 7
Diaby 6
Arshavin 6

Van Persie 5

Subs: Not much of an impact, Theo on the left didn't look as comfortable as some hoped. Bendtner on the wing didn't make much sense to me considering all the crosses we had been putting in.

gstew

fabianski - 7 Excellent play against Tevez
sagna - 7
gibbs - 8
Touré - 6.5
song - 8.5 Excellent again
nasri - 7.5
diaby - 6
cesc - 6
denilson - 6.5 Terrible in the air, but good on the ground
arshavin - 7
van persie - 6.5

walcott - 5 Hardly contributed
bendtner - 6

M+D

Established Member
Fabianski - 6

Sagna - 7
Toure - 8.5
Song - 8
Gibbs - 7

Nasri - 7
Diaby - 5
Fabregas - 5
Denilson - 7
Arshavin - 5

Van Persie - 6

arsmile

Established Member
Fab-7- wasn’t busy at all but did well

Sagna-7- worked well up and down the right wing- nasri helped him out a lot so sagna was free to be a proper right-back

Kolo-8- a few silly decision in the second half- but totally dominant

Song-9- is a fantastic and unorthodox CB

Gibbs8- kept ronaldo quiet

Nasri-7- quietly effective

Denilson-8- very good- protected the back four and kept the possession ticking

Cesc-7.5- looked more like his old self

Diaby-6- better performance from him- still has no awareness but didn’t hold on to the ball as much as usual

Arshavin-6- bar one or two runs- I thought he was quiet- perhaps not fuly recovered

Robin-7- worked hard, and held up the ball well, didn’t create a hell of a lot but was crucial in us keeping possession

Bendtner-5- a bit redundant out on the right wing

Theo-4- could not get involved on the left

Eboue-5- I said in another thread- if we prefer eboue as 3rd choice LB, and song as 4th choice CB...what is the point of Silvestre?

We kept the ball really really well. I think it is no coincidence that this was easier with arshavin/nasri/cesc/vanpersie as opposed to theo and ade who I honestly think disrupt a lot of our play- having said that- we didn’t score- and we don’t have that longer option without those 2- but then....i dotn really want a ‘long option’.

I think we have played around with our midfield- I dotn think we played 2 in the middle and one behind robin- I felt that both cesc and diaby were given license and then denilson just sat-I think this is how to get the best out of cesc and denislon/song (whichever)

i dotn think we really really went for a goal- and i understand that becuase we diddnt need to- and risking another defeat to them wanst an option mentally. I was pleased with the performance given the match's context.

Anzac

Established Member
gstew said:
sagna - 7
gibbs - 8
Touré - 6.5
nasri - 7.5
diaby - 6
cesc - 6
arshavin - 7
van persie - 6.5

bendtner - 6

more inclined to go with this - I thought Toure was a liability but scrambled well enough if that's what you want from a CB.
likewise I wasn't overly impressed by Cesc's passing at all,
and Diaby was the invisible man.

Unforgiven

Established Member
fabianski - 8
sagna - 7
gibbs - 8
Touré - 9
song - 8.5
nasri - 7
diaby - 7
cesc - 6
denilson - 7.5
arshavin - 6
van persie - 6

walcott - 3
bendtner - 4

Song, Gibbs and Denilson played very well in this game.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
fabianski - 6
sagna - 6
gibbs - 7
Touré - 9
song - 8
nasri - 6
diaby - 4
cesc - 5
denilson - 7
arshavin - 6
van persie - 4

walcott - 3
bendtner - 4

gstew

Anzac said:
gstew said:
sagna - 7
gibbs - 8
Touré - 6.5
nasri - 7.5
diaby - 6
cesc - 6
arshavin - 7
van persie - 6.5

bendtner - 6

more inclined to go with this - I thought Touré was a liability but scrambled well enough if that's what you want from a CB.
likewise I wasn't overly impressed by Cesc's passing at all,
and Diaby was the invisible man.

Yes, I don't understand the incredibly high marks Toure is receiving. He made a few blunders that United normally punish. Especially the Tevez shield where Kolo was absolutely dire.

Anzac

Established Member
Unforgiven said:
fabianski - 8
sagna - 7
gibbs - 8
Touré - 9
song - 8.5
nasri - 7
diaby - 7
cesc - 6
denilson - 7.5
arshavin - 6
van persie - 6

walcott - 3
bendtner - 4

Song, Gibbs and Denilson played very well in this game.

how the h*ll does Toure get a 9 & Diaby a 7?????

Biggus

Established Member
:lol: Well okay yeah Prog, we could have kept a cleaner sheet with puffing Billy, :lol: but Mr potato head probably would have found some way to let his mates in.

progman07

Established Member
The stats are there to prove it, yeah (if your two eyes weren't enough to make that observation).

We had Gallas during our clean sheet run around February, while Silvestre only kept 2 clean sheets in his 13 matches.

qs

Established Member
fabianski - 6
sagna - 7
gibbs - 7
Touré - 7
song - 7
nasri - 7
diaby - 2
cesc - 6
denilson - 7
arshavin - 7
van persie - 6

walcott - 2
bendtner - 3

not the subs fault mind, brought on and out in ridiculous positions.

Anzac

Established Member
arsmile said:
I think we have played around with our midfield- I dotn think we played 2 in the middle and one behind robin- I felt that both cesc and diaby were given license and then denilson just sat-I think this is how to get the best out of cesc and denislon/song (whichever)

i dotn think we really really went for a goal- and i understand that becuase we diddnt need to- and risking another defeat to them wanst an option mentally. I was pleased with the performance given the match's context.

IMO the midfield was still out of shape = Diaby took the middle going forward & Cesc the right, hence a lot of the play from midfield went right side leaving Gibbs & AA isolated.

As for the 2nd part - you may be right so far as the theory goes, but it's a gutless & conservative approach when we should have been after a more affirmative end to the season. It's the same mentality as saying a 21 game unbeaten run is valuable, when half those games a draws & 4 of those are consecutive 0-0. Conversley ManU were struggling but put together a run where they played like ****e but kept clean sheets AND scored.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom