• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man Utd vs Arsenal Match Ratings

outlaw_member

Established Member
Sczesny 6/10

Sagna 5/10
Squillaci 5/10
Koscielny 6/10
Clichy 4/10

Wilshere 5.5/10
Song 4/10
Rosicky 4/10

Arshavin 5.5/10
Chamakh 5/10
Nasri 6/10

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Szczesny 7 - Dodgy kicking

Sagna 6
Squillaci 6
Koscielny 7
Clichy 5

Song 4 - His passing is ****ing atrocious
Wilshere 5 - Kicked Evra, stood up against Fletcher, great passion
Rosicky 4

Arshavin 4
Chamakh 4
Nasri 5

Bossa

Established Member
Chesney 7
Sagna 7
Squillaci 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 3
Song 4
Wilshere 6
Rosicky 3
Nasri 6
Arshavin 3
Chamakh 4

RVP 4
Fabregas 3
Walcott 3

Horrible and horrible offensive game. It worries me how poor our best attacking players were.

IBL

Established Member
Sczenzy 6 - decent apart from the distribution

Song 3 - useless
Clichy 3 - likewise

Sagna and Wilshere 6 - the only players who played with some fight and spirit.

Everyone else 5

Lukazan

Established Member
Chesney 6
Sagna 6
Squillaci 6
Koscielny 6
Clichy 4

Song 3
Wilshere 6
Rosicky 4
Nasri 4
Arshavin 4
Chamakh 5

RVP 4
Fabregas 4
Walcott 4

Song stunk the place out and Nasri was a HUGE disappointment.

fabo

6.51 / 10
One of the worst midfield displays under Wenger from Alex Song. Guy is useless and at the root of our problems IMO.

Koscielny was the only player who played at a good level.

Clichy is just terrible. Even when he makes a good interception, he then relinquishes possession straight away. He's also dumb going forward.

What struck me tonight was how many 50:50's and second balls Unted were winning. They wanted it tonight. They talked the talked in recent days and again came out on top. Shame on our players for a gutless display.

giuliob

Their nerves all showed. Nobody played up to their potential for Arsenal - mentally fragile as a whole.

Szczesny 6 His first big time outing, did a decent job, except for his distribution. Surprised he doesn't have more power on goal kicks.
Sagna 6.5 At least he leaves it all out on the pitch.
Squillaci 6
Koscielny 6.5 Did a decent job on Rooney.
Clichy 4.5 He needs to go back to "football" school.
Wilshere 6 Decent enough
Song 4 Had to be the sloppiest passer out there.
Rosicky 5 Sloppy
Arshavin 5 Sloppier
Chamakh 5.5
Nasri 5 He looked like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights.

Wenger - 3 Same old stuff.
Webb - 3 I get so tired of watching him. The first 30 minutes you know he's going to do his professor impersonation, lecturing the players. And you know being at OT will eventually influence the way he calls the game.

Feet

Chezzer - 7 Not at fault for the goal and indeed made one great save. Poor distrubtion though.

Sagna - 5 Not nearly as good as I've come to expect from Sagna. He should be fast and strong enough to deal with their left but seemed to struggle quite alot.

Kos - 8 In the second half he was winning everything off Rooney, really good display.

Squid - 6

Clichy - 4 Tough nights work, he got some right, he got some wrong. That's not a good ratio of results for a defender.

Song - 6 He sat. Disciplined. Did not go forward with the attack. Which is what most of us wanted. Did his job of protecting the back 4 well enough, but some poor passing out of defence.

Wilshere - 7 Gave back all he got from Fletcher which I loved to see. Would be an 8 if he could get those little basic passing errors out of his game.

Rosicky - 5 No real threat, some fine sideways passing but nothing really inspirational going forward, couldn't hit the Emirates with a laser guided barn door right now.

Arsharvin - 4 One of those games for Andrei. Poor.

Nasri - 5 Wasn't in the game.

Chamackh - 5 Half chances not taken, and an average hold up display. Dominated by Vidic I reckon.

VP - 7 Got involved looks fit didn't have time to make the difference.

Cesc - 5 Two or 3 loose passes, didn't look fit to me.

Theo - 5 Pace wasn't what this game needed.

Wenger - 4 Should have put Bendtner on, how could he not see how Man Utd were set up I have no idea. We could get down the sides and cross but not into the box on the ground. What use is Theo against that?

yuvken

Established Member
Chez starts his career here, and did well.
I was nervous before the game, but now he could stay no.1 for all I care.
Kos still has the Drogba test, but to me it'll be his last. Fine player.

(sorry, I have nothing else of value to add about the rest, which is on par with the value they had to add).

TheEconomist

Established Member
Sczesny 7/10 - given the way fabianski and almunia would have embarrased us, i have to say he held his own and didnt let the ocassion get to him, apart from a few miskicks he was quite good

Sagna 6/10
Squillaci 5/10
Koscielny 6/10
Clichy 3/10 - theres no point taking the ball off an attacker if your just going to pass it straight back to them

Wilshere 5.5/10 - tried hard
Song 5/10 - showed glimpses of what a good defensive midfielder he can be. its a shame hes still auditioning for the #4 shirt
Rosicky 5/10

Arshavin 5.5/10-wasnt effective
Chamakh 5/10 - didnt hold it up well
Nasri 6/10- tried hard and was composed, driving force of our team

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Sneezy did pretty well I thought, a couple of nice saves and very assured when catching the ball. I hope, however, that his kicking and throw-outs were due to nerves since I'm struggling to recall a worse display in that regard.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Chesney 8
Sagna 7
Squillaci 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 3
Song 2
Wilshere 6
Rosicky 3
Nasri 6
Arshavin 2
Chamakh 2

RVP 4
Fabregas 3
Walcott 2

Feet

AnthonyG said:
Sneezy did pretty well I thought, a couple of nice saves and very assured when catching the ball. I hope, however, that his kicking and throw-outs were due to nerves since I'm struggling to recall a worse display in that regard.

Almunia has awful distribution as well, atleast Sneezy has time on his side to improve.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
All students failed the latest test at the training centre.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Feet said:
AnthonyG said:
Almunia has awful distribution as well, atleast Sneezy has time on his side to improve.
Well, that was a veiled point. For all of the criticism Al had over his distribution he never came even remotely close to being that bad.

As I say, I hope it was nerves or whatever.

Freagle

I'm off to bed, will watch the match tomorrow after university and hopefully give a proper rating for the team.

Fabo, Ant, if it's possible can you lads rate the team as well? Would really like to read your opinions on individual performances as well as the team.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Sneezy 7: good performance from him, looked solid but should work on his kicks and throws

Sagna 6.5: Bad crosses and too much ball-hoofing
Squib 6: Shaky at times
Kos 7: Had Shrek under full control
Clichy 6: Controlled Nani, but had two poor mistakes

Song 5.5: Out of form, clearly
Jacky 6: Best MF today - says a lot really
Rosicky 5.5: Disappointed in him

Arsh 5: Sloppy, slow, but not that uninterested, though
Chamakh 5: Good performance alongside Rosicky
Nasri 5.5: Was very much on his own mostly, and couldn't create anything

Robin: Needs time
Fabs: Needs more time
Theo: Needs a footballing brai....errr time

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom