• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

City could still make up that GD on the final day, no problem.

They’d have to make the difference of whatever we do against Everton whilst also getting +5 goals.

We’ll probably win 3 or 4-0 which means City would have to put 8/9 past West Ham.

Badger_Revenge

We stayed in it. Should have snagged a second goal. I felt like we wasted some really great positions. White did not have his crossing boots on. Saka really faded badly. That kid needs some rest. Still, Onana made some pretty good saves today or it would have been 2-0 and maybe more because we would not have been so cautious.

SteveEvets

People can moan about the performance if they like, but they could have played until Christmas and United were never scoring. Meanwhile even though we probably attacked them less than 5 times in total we should have scored at least one more.

The game was as pragmatic as it could be. Last season at OT we got hit on the break several times, and it was their only shot to get anything today. We clearly were set up to just keep everything in front of us, and as such United were never a threat. Yeah we could have been more "ambitious" but under the circumstances I can't fault the approach of just taking the 3 points and moving on.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

And we can't rack up the score against Everton that's mentally on the beach at home? My point is that going on and on about how it's possible City can score 5 or 6 or 7 you might as well say it's possible they can score 10 or 11 because it's not impossible. It's more likely City win by less than 4 goals than more but any score is theoretically possible.

We could be it's unlikely, we're also new to this situation, you saw how nervy we are today.

City have won plenty of times 5-0 and West Ham are in the worse form in the league not including sides fighting relegation. West Ham have lost by 6 this season. Scores like 10 and 11 have never happened.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Isn’t that just a mental thing? I’ve seen Arsenal teams with incredible technical ability wilt under pressure.

Could be , but we make technical mistakes that are ridiculously bad , will be interesting what Arteta does this transfer window. That will tell us a lot .

Reactions: A_G

Brett

We have taken the title battle to the last day of the season. We can't ask for more, especially as we have played as Kai as our striker for the entire season. I am finally proud of my team and we should we very happy whatever happens on the last week of the season.

We should fix our midfield and striker positions, but knowing Arteta will probably buy another defender.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We are timid in big games , wow I think we need real quality players who aren't afraid of the ball . You can't win the CL with what we have now. They lack the technical level.
Yep. On one hand you have to give Arteta credit for squeezing everything out of this group. But unless the technical level improves this team win never win the big ones. The only question is does Arteta value technicians or will he always prefer solid athletes who are great following instructions

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Isn’t that just a mental thing? I’ve seen Arsenal teams with incredible technical ability wilt under pressure.

It is a mental thing yes.

Remember how City were battered by Inter for the last 15 minutes in last year's CL.

We saw that these are still youngsters who are learning as they go. They'll be better next run in, but I expect to see a similar level of shakiness at the key moments of the season. We must just manage it better and make games safer, sooner.

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

Chicago_Gunner

Tongue in cheek buddy, enjoy his posts, actually cracks me up. Let’s all smile, we’re taking the cheats to the final weekend. Let’s not be too serious man and enjoy.
I am having a great time watching our team go to the last weekend with a chance to win the league! You’re barking up the wrong tree about taking things to serious and not enjoying this

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Come On You Spúrs
Premier League Trainer GIF by Play Sports

sdotzdot

Established Member
Results like this will bring that mentality in time.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but we haven’t lost a single league game against the usual big 6 the whole season?

This has been a HUGE season for overcoming some mental blocks or hurdles. This team has the cojones there’s no doubt about that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yep. On one hand you have to give Arteta credit for squeezing everything out of this group. But unless the technical level improves this team win never win the big ones. The only question is does Arteta value technicians or will he always prefer solid athletes who are great following instructions

We can afford add one luxury player but he has to be awesome for his team mates to put up with it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom