• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

Halcyon Daze

Could be , but we make technical mistakes that are ridiculously bad , will be interesting what Arteta does this transfer window. That will tell us a lot .
Experience. Madrid are actually bang average, but their experience breeds their mentality. Need to to create our own success which will will hopefully break down those barriers. We have issues mentally at big games imo.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Yep. On one hand you have to give Arteta credit for squeezing everything out of this group. But unless the technical level improves this team win never win the big ones. The only question is does Arteta value technicians or will he always prefer solid athletes who are great following instructions

He does value technicians, that's why Ødegaard, Trossard, Saka, Jesus and Zinchenko are in the squad for example.

What Arteta needs is better balance, particularly at the crucial moments. He needs to remember what he learnt from Pep. Good ball possession and circulation is a way, and probably the best way to defend.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The positive thing is it such a big glaring issue that it's good to know we have room to improve next season and some hope of getting a couple more points on the board.

True, usually it’s quite difficult to improve on a high performing team but since there are glaring issues with our creativity in open play then I don’t think that’ll go unnoticed.

Let’s just hope it doesn’t take a while for things to gel like it has this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The thought of Man United's midfield up against Rice and Partey is hilarious, they shouldn't be able to compete at all if our guys are on their games.

We should be seeing the equivalent today, of Patrick Vieira and Emmnauel Petit v Robbie Savage and Eric Djemba-Djemba :lol:

Was more Savage and Djemba-Djemba, v Dani Ceballos and Denilson today ffs...but a win is a win 😅

baccy_man

Established Member
It felt like we were playing a dangerous game in the second half it would only have taken them to score and the game could have changed, We should have gone for a second goal to make the game a bit safer before we total relaxed and let Utd come at us, good result at the end of the day though, I hope Saka, has not picked a serious injury we are going to need him to help see out the season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We can afford add one luxury player but he has to be awesome for his team mates to put up with it .

Looking at both FDJ and Guimaraes, they represent the silkiness needed in attack, combined with physicality and defensive awareness.

Bringing those players in will unlock more to our attacking game and make us better at holding the ball for longer spells. We are still incomplete as a team, and you see it in these crucial moments.

We just got by against Porto and United. We didnt make it against Villa and Bayern. And they all used the same approach against us, exploiting our lack of extreme technicality centrally.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We can afford add one luxury player but he has to be awesome for his team mates to put up with it .
I think the biggest problem and the reason I always defend Ødegaard is we need a second creator. Every top creator always had a secondary creator he could combine with and take pressure off. If I’m a manager against Arsenal I man mark Ødegaard and you have chance

Sadly in the era of stats when you bring this up people with throw how many goals we scored and we have no issues

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Experience. Madrid are actually bang average, but their experience breeds their mentality. Need to to create our own success which will will hopefully break down those barriers. We have issues mentally at big games imo.

It's interesting , was it Bellingham that said we don't have a structure like other teams we just go there play .

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Look I have to disagree with you mate. We were toothless at Bayern and we were timid today as well , sure some of it is tactical but I have seen it too of often .
Seems we don't like our old staple song -"1-0 to the Arsenal" anymore... :lol:. Us getting a clean sheet today away at Old Trafford i'll add, could be decisive if it goes down to goal difference on the final day...

Halcyon Daze

It is a mental thing yes.

Remember how City were battered by Inter for the last 15 minutes in last year's CL.

We saw that these are still youngsters who are learning as they go. They'll be better next run in, but I expect to see a similar level of shakiness at the key moments of the season.
Yeah I agree with this. Good post. Think we’ll get there.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Well I'm glad we just make it interesting and took it to final day whatever happened now is in Sp**s westham Allah Jesus Christ Budda hands
I’m calling all the AM akhis to make sure they are doing dua everyday from now on for us to win the league next weekend, nothing else can take priority.

Don’t care if your parents sick, wifes pregnant etc. number one priority is Arsenal winning the league inshallah.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Seems we don't like our old staple song -"1-0 to the Arsenal" anymore... :lol:. Us getting a clean sheet today away at Old Trafford i'll add, could be decisive if it goes down to goal difference on the final day...

Our resilience is unbelievable it has to be said , also these guys are all young and have a high ceiling so whatever I have said maybe moot :lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

People keep saying this but we haven't lost to a traditional top 6 side all season and we got a lot of decent results last season well.

Just done the league double over United as well, this narrative isn't true any more.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@A_G
@Taylor Gang Gunners

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom