• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mandaric is pissed!

lee1001

Established Member
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 85,00.html

The problem I have with his complaint is that he is assuming they have a god given right to sign Carrick because they had reached an agreement with the club. Until the player has signed a contract, then there is no reason why another club can't come in and enter negotiations as well.

I understand that it may have unsettled Carrick because of the lure of playing at Arsenal is great, but i don't see how he can be pissed at Arsenal because they were interested.
Im sure that clubs pull out of negotiations all the time. I mean Sp**s pulled of signing Murphy, allowing Charlton to sign him.

Why do you think we pulled out of the race to signh Carrick?

Is it because Wenger saw Cesc as a player good enough to challenge for a start? OR
Is it because Arsenal have decided on another player instead?

asajoseph

Established Member
Meh...

I take a lot of pride in the way our club works. Honourable in transfer negotiations (most of the time), out of the media's gaze (at least in terms of off-pitch dealings= and soundly financially managed. Not only does it look good on paper, in encourages players to move to a well-run club. So I'm always a little disappointed when things like this happen.

That said, Manadic is reknowned for having a big mouth, so I'm not too worried about this...

Clarkey

Or maybe they haven't really pulled out, or they weren't really interested in the first place......and in both these cases it would mean Wenger is playing the media to his drumbeat.

sienna

There's nothing wrong in the way Arsenal conduct themselves. Mandaric is just being whiny about it.

tox

I don't understand why arsenal just pulled out? what could have changed their mind?

Anders Limpar

I think Wenger waits until he knows wheter or not Vieira leaves or not...and my guess is that Carrick wont choose another club before he knows what's happening at Arsenal...

ethanen

carrick as replacement for vieira..? dont know about that...
if he leaves the most logical replacements are xabi alonso and that argentinian mascherano.
and who cares about mandarich :?:

sienna

Anders Limpar said:
I think Wenger waits until he knows wheter or not Vieira leaves or not...and my guess is that Carrick wont choose another club before he knows what's happening at Arsenal...

Arsène said that buying Carrick is not dependent on Vieira staying or going. Carrick is more like a smokescreen; Arsène probably found someone more better than Carrick; this Mascherano guy perhaps.

johe

Carrick has one ability Wenger would want if Vieira goes - the ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck. He may not be the worlds greatest passer or anything but when he gets going, he will be all over the place, making tackles, controlling the flow of the play. Generally dominating the game. He isn't very consistent, but Wenger could do wonders with this guy I think.

AFCG7

Established Member
The interest in Carrick stems from the Flamini case..Wenger probably thought : " we'd better go for someone in case the Flamini situation goes sour" , but perhaps now Flamini's case may be resolved ( we'll have to compensate Marseilles which is fair enough).
So no Carrick now..Wenger has probably identified a replacement for Vieira's position in the middle.

Arnie

tox said:
I don't understand why arsenal just pulled out? what could have changed their mind?

i think it's fabregas. he does well on sunday we pull out on monday. it all adds up. especially the accounts :p

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom