• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Maradona in Danger

nnaife

The man is the greatest footballer I've ever seen, people these days think he's a complete joke but having read a near recent interview with him, he's probably one of the smartest footballing minds currently around.

A true proponent of how the game should be played.

He was a character in his day and the game needs a few more soccer visionaries of his type.

Diego we are praying for you man, please get well soon and treat yourself with a little more care in life cause the world would be a poorer place without you. :(

brianfrance

Established Member
We should have a paper from hospital at the half day, but still nothing. I'm afraid of worst

Jinn

Established Member
I was just reading the news... Link

Doesn't look too good for him. Acute heart failure - depending on how his body reacts in the next 24-48 hours, he could die.

JazzG

Established Member
A damn shame really, the greatest ever footballer but all the pressures around him destroyed him mentally and he resorted to drugs :(

A

Anonymous

A damn shame really, the greatest ever footballer but all the pressures around him destroyed him mentally and he resorted to drugs
thats crap. there is NO excuse in the world for him. he was a cheat, a druggy an alcoholic a protitute user and an alround **** bag.
pressure didnt cause him to resort to drugs. he did it because he wanted to. there is always help for people like him and he never used it. serves him right. one less scumbag on this planet as far as im concerned

brianfrance

Established Member
young1 said:
A damn shame really, the greatest ever footballer but all the pressures around him destroyed him mentally and he resorted to drugs
thats crap. there is NO excuse in the world for him. he was a cheat, a druggy an alcoholic a protitute user and an alround **** bag.
pressure didnt cause him to resort to drugs. he did it because he wanted to. there is always help for people like him and he never used it. serves him right. one less scumbag on this planet as far as im concerned
Anyone can translate, coz I don't understand well (I'm sorry)
I hope he didn't say what I think understand.

Mark

Established Member
Well he certainly is a mess. Shame this happened to him, I hope he's okay.

And whoever it is saying it's good that he's dying - are you even human?

Gurgen

Established Member
I can still remember that unbelievable goal vs. England (I apologize to all English ppl here :) ), and I don't mean the hand one.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Nice to know that the caring sharing and humane spirit of clockend faithful lives on in his little brother...

:roll:

If you consider what Maradona made of his life, it is just a damn. This is one of the greatest footballers ever, maybe the greatest. Having seen the tape of Argentina's games at the World Cup 1986 in Mexico and his performances there, I was stunned by the overwhelming skill in his play. This was not only a footballer, this was a genious.
So it is tragic to hear the news of his problems, starting 1994 when he was dismissed from the World Cup due to doping and later on his struggle with drugs, alcohol and his health. I saw him some years ago at a friendly match in Germany and I was sad to discover what had happened to him. He was so thick and not able to move for some minutes in a row. It is almost unbelievable this had been such a great footballer only some years ago...
Today I read that his condition is still critical so at the moment it isn't sure whether he will survive.
I really feel sad for him and I hope he will recover somehow, although I heard he has already tryed to change his life for some years and never made it. He is a hero in Argentina and his death would be a shock for the entire country.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom