• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Match Ratings Boro 2 -1 Arsenal

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia 6
Toure 5
Gallas 6
Clichy 6
Sagna 5
Diarra 5
Gilberto 4
Rosicky 5
Eboue 3
Adebayor 4
Eduardo 5

Bendtner 6
Denilson 6
Walcott 6

gstew

* Manuel Almunia -- 5.5 Penalty was due to his ridiculous decisionmaking
* Emmanuel Eboue -- 4 Stupid, whiny player
* Theo Walcott 60 -- 6 Looked good
* Kolo Touré -- 5 Poor performance
* Gael Clichy -- 5.5 Ran hard, but was still poor
* William Gallas -- 6.5 One of our few bright spots
* Bacary Sagna -- 6 Was OK
* Lassana Diarra -- 3.5 Poor
* Denilson 60 -- 6 Decent...should have started
* Gilberto -- 4.5 Should not play when we need more energy on the pitch
* Tomas Rosicky -- 6.5 Needed more precision
* Eduardo -- 3.5 I really hope he improves
* Nicklas Bendtner 45 -- 5.5 Should have started as he is currently better than Eduardo
* Emmanuel Adebayor -- 6 Was left isolated

Wenger -- 2.5 Even though he tried to fix his mistakes, his mistakes were extraordinary. Without our three creative players (RVP, Cesc and Hleb), we then need energy. And Gilberto reduces our energy. And Eboue is a disaster. And Bendtner is currently dramatically superior to Eduardo. There is no doubt that Denilson, Walcott and Bendtner needed to start and that Wenger needed to focus on his team's energy levels.

dutchMasta

USArsenal said:
i think ratings here are a bit high... i see a lot of 5'sand 6's floating around for our starters...
Some use 5 as average, some use 6. There shouldn't be any 7's+ for sure imo.

ricky1985

Established Member
My Rating's:

Almunia - 6. Didnt do anything wrong. Although world class keeper would have saved the penalty 8 out of 10.

Sagna - 6. Solid. Never got beat one-on-one.

Clichy - 5. Left gaping holes. Useless going forward.

Toure - 2. Awful performance. If he plays one more long ball I am gonna ***** slap him.

Gallas 6. Along with Sagna our best defender (that is becoming a trend BTW).

Eboue - 4. Played rubbish, and acted like a grade A ****. I really hope that whilst he is away in Africa Walcott comes in and steals his place, and we never see him in an Arsenal shirt again.

Rosicky - 4. Useless. Meaningless goal. Sell him to Inter for £7m if they still want him. Dissapointed me so much.

Diarra - 4. Rubbish today. Not good enough by a long way. Needs to leatrn from this if he is gonna progress.

Gilberto - 4. For his third game in a row, a complete waste of a shirt.

Eduardo - 4. Service to him was embarassing. He didnt exactly sparkle anyway though.

Adebayor - 3. Was very isolated. He looked incredibly tired. He has been up there battling on his own for what seems like forever now. He didnt show enough drive today though.

Sub's

Bendtner - 6. Played one awesome ball to Adebaypoor, but didnt quite have the impact of previous cameos. Mainly due to the pathetic service level.

Walcott - 5. Should have done better with his chance, although defender covered well. Needs a rocket up his ass or his career isnt going to reach the heights his talent warrants.

Denilson - 6. Looked classy when he came on without actually doing anything special. Restored some of my faith after that horrific night in Seville.

All in all a diabolical performance, but as angry as I am (and boy am I angry) we have to remember that our three best players by a mile were out today, and that would be hard for any team.
I have learnt that Rosicky is not a top player nor will he ever be, Gilberto is finished at Arsenal, Eboue is a disgrace who in my opinion should never play for Arsenal again, and Wenger has less faith in Walcott than Del Boy has in RodneyTrotter.

P.S - It looks like we do need Modric in January.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ricky1985 said:
My Rating's:

Almunia - 6. Didnt do anything wrong. Although world class keeper would have saved the penalty 8 out of 10.
Cech is world class. Yet how many times you've seen him succesfully saved penalties? Very few. Maybe fewer than I'ved seen Manuel did.

Dragon181

Almunia - 5 Was partly responsible for the penalty for bumping into Kolo. Should have done better with the PK save. Second goal wasn't his fault.

Sagna - 6,5 Did pretty well compared to others.

Toure - 4,5 Worst game I've seen from him in a long time. Partly responsible for penalty. Aliadiere was giving him a hard time.

Gallas - 6 Worked hard and really showed his class. He's won me over. Aliadiere was tough today.

Clichy - 5 Got schooled often and badly.

Eboue - 5,5 One of his worse performances. Lucky not to get red carded.

Diarra - 5,5 Not a good game from him today. Seemed a little over-active.

Gilberto - 4,5 Why was he still in the game at the end?

Rosicky - 7 The best and most inventive player of the game.

Ade - 5,5 Worked hard as usual but his first touch really leaves a lot to be desired.

Eduardo - 5 Poor.

Sub:

Bendtner - 6 Really should have played more.

Denilson - 6,5 Played better and added some creativity and flair.

Walcott - 5 Didn't really see him very much.

A bad game for most, if not all, the players. We really missed Matt, Cesc, and Hleb. Diaby and RVP would have been welcome at this game.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
im amazed at some of the ratings today... i cant believe how anyone would give an above average rating to anyone on the pitch other than maybe Denilson.. even Bendtner didnt do anything today..... Rosicky was one our most effective players today, and even he was poor.. (even with the goal that meant absolutely nothing)

this was our worst performance since Fulham last season, and I see 6's and 7's being posted... not entirely sure how that is... i actually cant think of anything off the top of my head that we actually did right...

banduan

Established Member
Almunia deserves better He was excellent apart from the incident leading to the penalty.

Our only performing players were Denilson, Walcott, Almunia and Gallas. Sad really.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i dont think Almunia was "excellent".. he was OK...

and i disagree about Walcott... he did almost nothing... he had one chance to get us back in the game, and he made the wrong choice... Denilson, Gallas were ok.. Rosicky tried... other than that, nada

dutchMasta

USArsenal said:
im amazed at some of the ratings today... i cant believe how anyone would give an above average rating to anyone on the pitch other than maybe Denilson.. even Bendtner didnt do anything today..... Rosicky was one our most effective players today, and even he was poor.. (even with the goal that meant absolutely nothing)

this was our worst performance since Fulham last season, and I see 6's and 7's being posted... not entirely sure how that is... i actually cant think of anything off the top of my head that we actually did right...
There are like, 4 6.5 ratings, and 2 7 ratings in the whole thread, which imo is fine. Balance that out with 1's, 2's, 3's, and I think MDGoonah's averages should give a fair and accurate reflection on how they did (in gooners eyes).

Rosicky, Gallas, Bendtner, Denilson are the only ones I'd think that could get above 6, and our fullbacks and Walcott can get a 6 (and like I said earlier, many consider 6 to be the average, like me).

Biggus

Established Member
USArsenal said:

Heh heh thats what makes it fun, you either nod sagely in agreement or scream WTF! :shock:
My first impulse was just to rate Almunia, Toure, Rosicky and not bother with the rest of them.......but I've calmed down a bit.

Almunia -6 not his fault.
Sagna -5
Touré -6
Gallas -4 a winner? huh.
Clichy -4
Eboue -3
Diarra - 3
Gilberto - 4
Rosicky -7
Eduardo - who?
Ade -4

Bendtner -5
Walcott -5
Denilson -5

mccroix

Almunia - 5 I just don't feel too confident with him there...Played a significant part on the penalty in my eyes
Sagna -5
Touré -5
Gallas -6 talking a lot - important. not his best game but I don't think it's right to attack him, isn't his falut, he's been outstanding so far
Clichy -4 poor decisions and going forward
Eboue -1 not only was his performance crap once again, but his temper and attitude is the main reason for my dislike. Sounds harsh but I really have had enough of his play acting, cheating and his childish, unsportsman like behaviour. That had to be said
Diarra - 5
Gilberto - 2
Rosicky -6
Eduardo - 4 wasn't really in the game
Ade - 2 what on earth is wrong with him at the moment

Bendtner -4 I expected more, but to be fair it was a difficult game to shine
Walcott -5
Denilson -5

Props to Boro, impressive defending and great attitude...they deserved it

awooga83

Established Member
Biggus said:
USArsenal said:

Heh heh thats what makes it fun, you either nod sagely in agreement or scream WTF! :shock:
My first impulse was just to rate Almunia, Touré, Rosicky and not bother with the rest of them.......but I've calmed down a bit.

I agree and whats fuuny is the treatment of Almunia, fair enough if you think he played part in the penalty but then Toure cost us the penalty and played total gush for the whole game with an awful spell in the first half where he kept giving the ball away and looked like he had never defended before but some people still rate him higher, its laughable, but its more based on reputation and perception rather then reality.

It was the worst we have played for an age because defensively we were poor and we never even created anything until Boro took their eye off the ball in the last 30 seconds.

Christofaux

Almunia 5
Sagna 5
toure 3
Gallas 4
Clichy 4 - sometimes im blinded by his attacking plays to give him a higher rating but after the yellow he was far too reserved in defence.
Eboue - 5
Gilberto - 2
Diarra - 2
Rosicky - 5
Adebayor - 5.5
Eduardo - 3

Bendtner - 5
Denilson - 5.5
Theo - 5

giuliob

dutchMasta said:
USArsenal said:
i think ratings here are a bit high... i see a lot of 5'sand 6's floating around for our starters...
Some use 5 as average, some use 6. There shouldn't be any 7's+ for sure imo.
It would help if there was consensus on what number to use for average, 5 or 6....Otherwise the totals are affected, the individual performances are affected, and you just wonder about the entire rating system.........When you look at a poster's ratings, you say to yourself, "I suppose that poster used 6 as average, or maybe 5, or I can't figure it out"..............This point was brought up way back when, but apparently the "free for all numbers rating game" is more appealing.....

Christofaux

my ratings fluctuate depending on how well players did compared to the players aroudn them as well. For instance Eboue did a **** load more then Diarra and Gilberto so instantly Eboue must rate higher, however his effectiveness wasnt that great so not too high. Rather then the individuals play. Obviously if our two CM's are atrocious the rest of the team will suffer. I try not let it reflect to badly on the rest of the team because Gilberto and Diarra are in a word 'retardation'

dutchMasta

mags said:
It would help if there was consensus on what number to use for average, 5 or 6....Otherwise the totals are affected, the individual performances are affected, and you just wonder about the entire rating system.........When you look at a poster's ratings, you say to yourself, "I suppose that poster used 6 as average, or maybe 5, or I can't figure it out"..............This point was brought up way back when, but apparently the "free for all numbers rating game" is more appealing.....
Yeah, I guess that's one thing that should be addressed. I wouldn't mind changing if the majority use 5.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, the obvious "in a 1-10 scale, 5 should be average" thing makes a bit of sense... but then again, we are on A-M..

heh

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
very few people actually give 0's... and they dont count even when they do.. (like 11's and 12's which i have seen now and again are not used)...

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom