• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Match ratings: Tottenham vs Arsenal

dreamLord

Established Member
Nasri gets too much criticism. It was like the team playing a 4-5-1 off of Adebayor again. No movement. Bendtner(along with Rosicky and Eboue) were pathetic off the ball. The only way to beat men-in-the-center defending that Chelsea and Tottenham did is off the ball, or crossing, and we did neither.

sabret00the

Established Member
If only Diaby stood up to be counted against Barca, perhaps then we wouldn't have been embarrassed so badly.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I don't agree with the notions that our players didn't try hard enough, or that they were lazy, or that they didn't care. Our players always give it their all, but the simple reason they failed was that they weren't good enough.

patrick42uk

Established Member
sabret00the said:
If only Diaby stood up to be counted against Barca, perhaps then we wouldn't have been embarrassed so badly.

Yeah I got the feeling Diaby got the blame for the Barca embarrasment hence the disproportionate amount of criticism last night- he was not the worst player on the pitch last night neither is he solely to blame for Arsenal being inferior to Barca.

sabret00the

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
sabret00the said:

Yeah I got the feeling Diaby got the blame for the Barca embarrasment hence the disproportionate amount of criticism last night- he was not the worst player on the pitch last night neither is he solely to blame for Arsenal being inferior to Barca.
Blame, there's no blame to be had, we were simply well and truly bettered by Barca. That said, he was ****e and shrivelled against Barca and he was ****e and shrivelled against Tottenham, though admittedly to a lesser degree. Yes he's inexcusably not good enough, but sometimes, just sometimes, hard work and dedication can overcome genius and against Barca he didn't allow himself that chance.

Gurgen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Yeah I got the feeling Diaby got the blame for the Barca embarrasment hence the disproportionate amount of criticism last night- he was not the worst player on the pitch last night

He really was though. Even Silvestre did more things right.

ricky1985

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
He was thoroughly outclassed against Barca. I dont think his workrate was the issue.
He ran himself into the ground in the 2nd leg. People like to talk about his attitude and a perceived lack of desire, but, I don't see that at all. I just see a player who isn't good enough to play the football that his manager tries to get him to play.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I guess many people forget how Diaby won the ball for our first goal in the Barca game.

sabret00the

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
patrick42uk said:
He was thoroughly outclassed against Barca. I dont think his workrate was the issue.
He ran himself into the ground in the 2nd leg. People like to talk about his attitude and a perceived lack of desire, but, I don't see that at all. I just see a player who isn't good enough to play the football that his manager tries to get him to play.
He ran around like a headless chicken, almost half of his passes were to an opposition player. It wasn't a question of him being outclassed, they all got outclassed on that night, it's just a question of him being him. Sometimes the problem is simply yourself and he was a hindrance on that day. He's a battering ram and shouldn't be used in football matches.

11vanpersie

TomasCR said:
11vanpersie said:
TomasCR said:
Rosicky - 5.5 Awful shooting, tried but unable to use his experience.

Rosicky - 0, worst player on the pitch, worst performance by an 'Arsenal' player this season. Why he signed a new contract is beyond me. I see you are a fan by your Picture but you rate this piece of rubbish higher than most other players who did not do better but definitely not worse. If Rosicky is in an Arsenal shirt next season then Arsène is crazy.
Caught in two minds there weren't you? By saying that you bascially mean the other players were about as good (bad if you want so) as him yet you come here to slate only him? Sums you up perfectly. At lease rate all the players, not only one. In fact I think you're a little **** who have something against him and couldn't wait to make this post after the game, fair play to you. 0 and worst performance my word.
qs said:
In the name ThomasCR the CR stands for Czech Republic. He always defends Rosicky, its only natural.
Not always, I admitted he was the worst player on the pitch against Barcelona as well as I can tell you that he's a shadow of the player he once was before the injury. Just think this s**t is not fair at all, as there were at least 4 Arsenal players who were worse than him yesterday.

I wasn't caught in both minds. Rosicky was ****, worst player on the pitch but I was stating that I also understood that there were other players who performed like **** too. I didn't rate all of the players because I never intended to when I entered the thread - I just saw your ratings and see you have rated Rosicky higher than other players who I believed were better, so I felt the need to post a comment.

Sums me up perfectly? From one post? Wow you're incredible if you can judge people from 1 post from a few lines. I don't think it is appropriate to call me a little ****, frustrated that your favourite player clearly under performed? I didn't have a thought about posting that he was a 0 after the match, I was more frustrated at the teams performance against our bitterest rivals.

I would be interested to see who the 4 worse players were from you? I can't think of 1 player who was worse. I mean, people slate Bendtner, but at least he gets the ball on target instead of hitting the corner flag - I mean come on even Clichy gets closer and he has only scored 1 goal in his Arsenal career and is a left back! Rosicky is supposed to be a great player. I'm upset that we pay him a wage for his performances. That he signed a new contract. That we paid him to sit on an injury table for 20 months. I put my money into Arsenal for someone like that to get paid with my money?

Please take your rose-tinted glasses off next time.

TomasCR

Established Member
11vanpersie said:
I wasn't caught in both minds. Rosicky was s**t, worst player on the pitch but I was stating that I also understood that there were other players who performed like s**t too. I didn't rate all of the players because I never intended to when I entered the thread - I just saw your ratings and see you have rated Rosicky higher than other players who I believed were better, so I felt the need to post a comment.
But you still needed to rate only his performance despite of other players being **** too. That's my point, you clearly have something again Rosicky that forced you to slate only him. If you didn't like the way I rated other players, you would have chosen them and said what you thought.

Sums me up perfectly? From one post? Wow you're incredible if you can judge people from 1 post from a few lines. I don't think it is appropriate to call me a little ****, frustrated that your favourite player clearly under performed? I didn't have a thought about posting that he was a 0 after the match, I was more frustrated at the teams performance against our bitterest rivals.
Well I called you a little **** because you sounded like one. I agree he underperformed but he certainly wasn't too bad to get a hilarious 0.

I would be interested to see who the 4 worse players were from you? I can't think of 1 player who was worse. I mean, people slate Bendtner, but at least he gets the ball on target instead of hitting the corner flag - I mean come on even Clichy gets closer and he has only scored 1 goal in his Arsenal career and is a left back! Rosicky is supposed to be a great player. I'm upset that we pay him a wage for his performances. That he signed a new contract. That we paid him to sit on an injury table for 20 months. I put my money into Arsenal for someone like that to get paid with my money?
You could see from my ratings that all Almunia, Diaby and Eboue were worse than him and both Walcott and Bendtner got higher ratings just because of an assist and goal. That's 3 players who were worse than him and another 2 who were **** the whole game but got out of their group just because they were responsible for our goal yet all of them somehow did get away of your attention. I also find it pretty laughable you can only point out at the shot that nearly hit the corner flag as well as I can't believe I can still see someone talk about the 20 months lay off he had and the money he eraned while it lasted. You put your money into Arsenal how exactly? Well you can only wish that your money wasn't given to Rosicky, what more can I say really.

TomasCR

Established Member
Reading it again, I actually don't know why I was bothered. Such a pathetic thing to argue about. Rosicky>>>>whoever.

11vanpersie

TomasCR said:
But you still needed to rate only his performance despite of other players being s**t too. That's my point, you clearly have something again Rosicky that forced you to slate only him. If you didn't like the way I rated other players, you would have chosen them and said what you thought.

Do you have a problem with me going into a thread titled 'Match Ratings' and rating a player, even if it is only one player? I felt strongly against your post, so I rated him, this is a forum if you don't like it don't post or read. I have nothing against Rosicky as I have clearly stated, I just thought that he performed like **** AGAIN.

Well I called you a little **** because you sounded like one. I agree he underperformed but he certainly wasn't too bad to get a hilarious 0.

Other people could get personally offended, I find it funny that you are calling somebody a 'little ****' over an internet forum. I believe he should be rated a 0. I find your rating of 5.5, in comparison to some of your other ratings hilarious.

You could see from my ratings that all Almunia, Diaby and Eboue were worse than him and both Walcott and Bendtner got higher ratings just because of an assist and goal. That's 3 players who were worse than him and another 2 who were s**t the whole game but got out of their group just because they were responsible for our goal yet all of them somehow did get away of your attention. I also find it pretty laughable you can only point out at the shot that nearly hit the corner flag as well as I can't believe I can still see someone talk about the 20 months lay off he had and the money he eraned while it lasted. You put your money into Arsenal how exactly? Well you can only wish that your money wasn't given to Rosicky, what more can I say really.

Almunia made one mistake for the goal. Diaby was slightly better than Rosicky, perhaps because he didn't hit the corner flag with an attempted shot. Eboue didn't do anything wrong, but he didn't do anything right to warrant a lower rating.

I point out that shot because it isn't the first time he has had a shot like that, also that is like giving a player a 10 rating for scoring a hat-trick in a game but not talking about the goals. We are talking about Rosicky under performing so why not mention the worst moment of the game for him? I find it laughable you stating that to be honest. He had a 20 month lay off, of course we are going to mention it, should we forget about it? It is part of the reason he has declined as a player, surely you will agree he is a less than a shadow of what he used to be.

I buy Arsenal merchandise, I pay to go to the Emirates regularly. That is how I put my money into Arsenal.

Reading it again, I actually don't know why I was bothered. Such a pathetic thing to argue about. Rosicky>>>>whoever.

:lol: I'm sensing your trying to be funny, I find it laughable at the attempt.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom