• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matchday Ratings, Arsenal/Man U

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Have at it folks. I'll ask nicely that you give your ratings in this order, but I know some of you are going to wind me up by putting them in a different order ;)

Almunia
Sagna
Toure
Gallas
Clichy
Eboue
Cesc
Flamini
Rosicky
Hleb
Adebayor

Walcott
Eduardo
Gilberto

lagos

Established Member
Aluminium 3
Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 8
Clichy 7
Eboue 7
Cesc 8
Flamini 6
Rosicky 6
Hleb 7
Adebayor 6

Walcott
Eduardo
Gilberto

Edit: adjusted my Ade rating after a second look at the match

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 5
Sagna 6
Toure 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 7
Cesc 7
Flamini 7
Rosicky 6
Hleb 7
Ade 6

Walcott 6
Eduardo 6
Gilberto 7

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 5
Sagna - 6.5
Touré - 8
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 5.5
Eboue - 7
Cesc - 7
Flamini - 7
Rosicky - 5
Hleb - 7
Adebayor - 4

Walcott - 4
Eduardo - N/A
Gilberto - N/A

Eboue should NEVER have gone off. Really REALLY bizarre decision. He was defending the right side well along with Sagna, and was a threat to Man U each time he got on the ball.

nazo

Established Member
Almunia 5
Sagna 6
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 7
Cesc 7
Flamini 7
Rosicky 6
Hleb 7
Ade 6

Walcott 6
Eduardo 6
Gilberto 6

RammiXP

Almunia-6- Silly moments but i still don't belive he cost us the match like some people do. 1st goal waqs unlucky, 2nd he could have stayed in goal and it would have still been scored.

Sagna-6.5- Did an amazing job for our first goal and on the whole was good but i felt he looked sloppy on the 2nd goal for man ure.

Toure-7- Brilliant, made some amazing challenges and was solid.

Gallas-7.5- Great last gasp goal, lead the team and also did great in defense.

Clichy-6- The worst off the back four as i felt he had the least impact on the game, going forward he looked a bit sloppy and defensivly at times he looked unsettled.

Eboue-6.5- Eboue was poor in the first half i felt but stepped it up big time in the 2nd, i was actually surprised with the sub as roiscky would have been my first to go off.

Fabregas-7.5- The guy never fails to be involved at the moment, brilliant goal and was all over the pitch for us today. only critisim i have is he went missing in the last 20 mins but who can blame him with the amount of football he has been playing.

Flamini-7- I though he did his job really well today broke up space and also alot of our good moments came from him winning us possesion and getting a ball away quick for helb or fab to do something with.

Rosicky-5- Worst player on the pitch along with tevez, offered virtually nothing all game and was a big disappointment

Helb-7.6- Thought helb was the best player on our team, made things happen, his pass to fab when he could have been outmuscled for the 1st goal was immense and i felt out of everyone he was the only one who made positive moves at goal. shame his shot was not better.

Adebayor-6- Not the best again for ade, seemed to find it ahrd on his own and really did not cause them to many problems, i feel his game needs someone alongside him to be better.

Subs

Theo-6- Positive runs though part of the reason we conceeded our 2nd.

qs

Established Member
Almunia - 1 what did he do to deserve any more?
Sagna - 6 not his best game but still did some good things
Touré - 7 did well
Gallas -7 same as Toure really, nice goal too
Clichy - 6 some good some bad, average performance
Eboue - 7 good game from him, starting to show he has a bit about him.
Cesc - 7 did well but was kept quiet
Flamini - 6 could've been better
Rosicky - 4 very poor again.
Hleb - 7 average game from Alex, tried alot but not much of it came off
Adebayor - 7 worked hard, hassled the defence, deserves credit

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 0 - total horrendous goalie
Sagna 6 - seen better games from him, but well done attacking wise
Toure 7 - good performance and some lifesaving tackles
Gallas 7 - 1 extra point for saving our arse. but was minus for scoring that OG
Clichy 7 - kept ronaldo quiet, but should have prevented him from crossing for that goal
Eboue 7 - trickery helped us in the final third. thought he played quite well
Cesc 7 - scored a well taken goal, but couldn't do much influence as manure had alot of man watching him
Flamini 5 - gilberto should have started
Rosicky 6 - couldn't get into the game for most parts
Hleb 7 - inspirational at times, tries to create things but had anderson manmarking him all game. was disappointed he was brought off
Ade 6 - was a nuisance to manure, but didn't create much

Subs
Walcott 6 - almost killed him if gallas hadn't scored that. he missed so many sitters after gallas shot.
Eduardo 6 - tried but time contrain
Gilberto 6 - can't do much

Edited in favour of MDgoona

giuliob

Almunia----4----looked clumsy and off balance; 2nd goal came out when he didn't have to...
Sagna------5----not his normal solid self; tentative
Toure------7----Solid as a rock; love his runs forward
Gallas-----7----His heart and leadership made up for his defensive mistakes
Clichy------6----Lousy 1st half; seemed to come alive the 2nd....Is the quality of the last two opponents affecting the play of the two outside backs?
Eboue----5.5---So wanted him off the pitch in the 1st half; made up for it with improved 2nd half performance
Fabregas--7--Who does he pass to when one option in front of him? Goal gets him a 7
Flamini----6---Not his best, not his worst performance
Rosicky---4---Shoddy performance; disappointing
Hleb-------7---Best footwork on the pitch; needs to shoot right away;
Adebayor-5---Gets harder and harder for him in the lone striker role...
Walcott---5----Flashes of good stuff; needs to work on his defense

Eduardo-n/a
Gilberto-n/a

Christofaux

arsenal_hleb said:

what about the defenders who didnt follow their players? grow a ****en brain its one stuff up against possibly the biggest club in the world. Not against some leeds united ****. the first goal he went where rooney's shot was going he couldnt do much about the deflection.

qs

Established Member
Christofaux said:
arsenal_hleb said:

what about the defenders who didnt follow their players? grow a f*n brain its one stuff up against possibly the biggest club in the world. Not against some leeds united ****. the first goal he went where rooney's shot was going he couldnt do much about the deflection.

This is the worst post I've read in ages. How did this guy get out of the Lobby?

You're welcome to disagree with anyone mate but that posts a joke.

And tell me this, what did Almunia do to deserve points? Hleb got shouldered off the ball for the first goal but he also did alot of good. What good did Almunia do?

RammiXP

Christofaux said:
arsenal_hleb said:

what about the defenders who didnt follow their players? grow a f*n brain its one stuff up against possibly the biggest club in the world. Not against some leeds united ****. the first goal he went where rooney's shot was going he couldnt do much about the deflection.

there is an agenda there ignore it!

sam961gunners

Almunia-5
Sagna-6
Toure-7
Gallas-7
Clichy-7
Eboue-6
Fabregas-7
Flamini-7
Hleb-7
Rosicky-6
Adebayor-6

Walcott-5
Eduardo-4
Gilberto-4

Christofaux

qs said:
Christofaux said:
arsenal_hleb said:

This is the worst post I've read in ages. How did this guy get out of the Lobby?

And tell me this, what did Almunia do to deserve points? Hleb got shouldered off the ball for the first goal but he also did alot of good. What good did Almunia do?

On the first goal an elbow isnt a shoulder... almunia went the direction of rooneys shot and the deflection put it in... what could he have done?

on the second goal, just about all defenders watched their players run straight past them and didnt follow.

RammiXP

qs said:
Christofaux said:
arsenal_hleb said:

catched 2 crosses with ease, stopped 2 long distance shots one from ronney and one from anderson with ease. let a goal in which took a massive deflection of his own player and came out to close down the angle to a player that had a decade to slot a ball to one of 2 free manchester united players.

not sure what you mean!

Alfonso

Established Member
I cant understand why Alumina is getting 0's and 3's. A bit of a knee jerk reaction. He cant be blamed for our defenders not covering Evra. If Almunuia didnt come out they would have most likely scored anyway. He wasnt brilliant, but 0 out of 10 and 2 out of 10 is a bit OTT.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

qs said:
Christofaux said:
arsenal_hleb said:

for goodness sake faux, no decent keeper should leave such a BIG BIG ****ing gap in his nearpost for the first goal. its barca CL final all over again and i was totally shocked when i saw him conceding that. he was always low on confidence and most manure shots on target have my finger bitten off.

the 2nd goal, noone could save his arse or argue for him. why the **** did he rush out like 3 years ago at highbury. that probably brought lehmann back again like how lehmann came back 3 years ago. nobody have bigger fault than almunia in this game.

and any gooners who is saying he only costs us 2 points should have their mentality a big check. it could almost be 3 points, and morale down loss, and papers bashing us, and manure smug face

Wenger14

Established Member
Almunia-5
Sagna-6
Toure-7.5
Gallas-7
Clichy-6
Eboue-7
Flamini-7
Fabregas-7
Hleb-7
Rosicky-6
Ade-6

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Christofaux said:
On the first goal an elbow isnt a shoulder... almunia went the direction of rooneys shot and the deflection put it in... what could he have done?

on the second goal, just about all defenders watched their players run straight past them and didnt follow.
look at the goal at the big picture and not close up replay. the deflection was the slightest and he should really have his nearpost covered no matter what. thats basic goalkeeping skills really.

on the 2nd goal, nobody followed so he have to? ridiculous

catched 2 crosses with ease, stopped 2 long distance shots one from ronney and one from anderson with ease. let a goal in which took a massive deflection of his own player and came out to close down the angle to a player that had a decade to slot a ball to one of 2 free manchester united players.

not sure what you mean!
don't make me laugh. you might as well count every passes of our teammates before rating them.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom