• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matchday Ratings, Reading/Arsenal

Original_AAA

Almunia - 7
Sagna - 7
Touré - 6
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 7
Eboue - 6
Flamini - 7
Cesc - 7
Rosicky - 6
Hleb - 8
Adebayor - 6

Diarra - 6
Bendtner - N/A
Walcott - N/A

Hleb MOM. Edited for being to harsh on our players :wink:

dutchMasta

Almunia 6.5 (Comfortable)
Sagna 6.5 (Solid)
Touré 7 (V good overall)
Gallas 6.5 (Solid)
Clichy 6.5 (Solid)
Eboue 6 (Average)
Flamini 7 (Good run for the all important 1st goal to open up the game)
Cesc 7 (Solid game)
Rosicky 6.5 (Deserved an assist, good tackle at the beginning, average otherwise)
Hleb 8 (1 goal, 1 assist, and amazing ball to Rosicky for what should've been another)
Adebayor 7 (Deserved that 2nd goal, v well taken goal)

Diarra 6.5 (Strong, and didn't lose the ball, made 1-2 good tackles)
Bendtner 6 (Nothing special)
Walcott 5 (Just kept losing the ball)

ZanYGooneR

Original_AAA said:
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Touré - 5
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 6
Eboue - 5
Flamini - 6
Cesc - 5
Rosicky - 6
Hleb - 7
Adebayor - 6

Diarra - 6
Bendtner - N/A
Walcott - N/A

Hleb was the only one that stood out enough to get 7, the rest were average or slightly above average.

Totally disagree with your ratings for the rest of the team. I agree Hleb was the man of match the guy oozes class!! but I personally felt that overall this was one of our best performances of the season.

Against a side playing at home and defending in huge numbers, we managed to score 3 great goals and totally dominate them on their own pitch. Our most dominating away performance of the season with only 1 upfront. Sorry mate but your ratings are totally wrong.

hesham

Established Member
Eboue - 10
just to piss people off...
He had an ok game like alot of players, why is it people have to find someone to slag off?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ZanYGooneR said:
Totally disagree with your ratings for the rest of the team. I agree Hleb was the man of match the guy oozes class!! but I personally felt that overall this was one of our best performances of the season.

Against a side playing at home and defending in huge numbers, we managed to score 3 great goals and totally dominate them on their own pitch. Our most dominating away performance of the season with only 1 upfront. Sorry mate but your ratings are totally wrong.
from everything i have heard about the game (havent seen it yet), this was decidedly NOT our best game of the season.. just because we scored 3 against a very poor Reading team doesnt make it that we played well... i hear the whole first half up to Flamsters goal was fairly dire

j'nuh

Almunia - 7
Sagna - 7
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 4
Flamini - 8
Cesc - 8
Rosicky - 7
Hleb -9
Adebayor -8

Diarra - 7
Bendtner - 6
Walcott -5

sesquioxide

fab4girl said:
Flamini-8, lets hope the floodgates open for him too

He might score more goals than last season, but with 1 miss today he certainly wouldn't match his record of the most clinical player last season of getting 3 goals out of 3 total shots at goal. :twisted:

Original_AAA

ZanYGooneR said:
Original_AAA said:
My ratings removed to shorten post.

Hleb was the only one that stood out enough to get 7, the rest were average or slightly above average.

I disagree with you that this was one of our best games of the season. Far to many personal faults, missed passes and bad decisions in the first half. Second half was a big improvement, but still some way off the 7-0 slaughtering of Slavia Prague, the 3-0 victory over Sevilla or the 5-0 over Derby to name three of my favourite games this season.

However, I agree with you that I was to harsh on many of the players. I will make some changes.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Jameel46 said:
bojed said:
almunia - 7
sagna - 6
clichy - 7
Touré - 7
gallas - 6.5
rosicky - 4
eboue - 1
flamini - 7
cesc - 6.5
hleb - 8
ade - 6

motm - nuclear guy.

HA Eboue gets 1, obviously being the most hated on A-M is effecting the ratings being given to him, people just don't know how to be fair; how disgraceful.

i've been fair to him since day 1 but i thought he was killing many of our moves last night. too much for my liking but both him and sagna stifled reading's left-hand side attack so credit to them.

1 might be OTT. 4 is more like it.

thank you your honor. now go back to lesdom.

My ratings:

Almunia - 6: Didn't have to do much all game, but did alright when called upon. The goal conceded looked strange to me, but I'm not going to blame him for it.
Sagna - 6.5: Solid, didn't allow them anything.
Touré - 7: Good defending and came forward well. Wasted a free kick horribly, though.
Gallas - 6.5: Solid performance.
Clichy - 7.5: Used his pace brilliantly, and completely nulled Convey.
Eboue - 5.5: Didn't really do much.
Flamini - 7.5: Hard working, good run for the goal to start it off. Great energy.
Cesc - 7: I actually think Flamini did better than Cesc today. Cesc just didn't look his best.
Rosicky - 6.5: Decent game, didn't do too much wrong, but wasn't as incisive as he could have been.
Hleb - 8.5: Great performance. Amazing footwork for his goal. MOTM
Adebayor - 7: Did alright. Well taken goal. Caught offside a bit too often for me, and his control wasn't the best at times.

Diarra - 6.5: Did alright after coming on.
Bendtner - 6.5: Not enough time to make much of an impact, but showed good glimpses. Good touch and control to set up Walcott.
Walcott - 5.5: Never really settled in the game. Gave away the ball cheaply at times.

Asterix

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 6 - did ok but lacks the clinical skills in the penalty area
Flamini 8 - excellent performance
Cesc - 7 - a little subdued by his usual standards but still displayed a great range of passes
Rosicky 6.5
Hleb 8.5 - great game. I was worried he'd dallied too long for his goal, but he got there.
Adebayor 8 deserved two goals

Diarra 7 - looks very solid. A missed pass or two, but he is still rusty.
Bendtner na
Walcott na

No.8_Wright

Almunia 7
Good save from Gunnarsson, solid from crosses and good distribution to set up counter attacks. Did nothing wrong even though the commentator on Setanta wanted him to.

Defence 7
Rarely troubled, good solid game from all. Sloppy defending for goal though so 7 is fair.

Eboue 7
Needed in a game like this, he is one of our players that is direct and tries to beat his man. Needs to improve passing but against this type of oppostion he would play for me. Decent game.

Flamini 8
Excellent performance. Broke up the limited Reading attacks and did his job well. MOM.

Cesc 7
Average game for the Spaniard. Completed over 100 passes though and just kept it ticking over in our midfield.

Rosicky 6
poor distribution looked rusty and needs to stay injury clear for a few games.

Hleb 8
Quality from Hleb. absolute top class player at the top of his game.

Adebayor 8
Knew he would score and did. Quality game although against better teams he has to finish chances like he did at the beginning.

Diarra 7 - will be a first team player soon for us. Looks such a top draw player.

Bendtner na

Walcott na - but gave the ball away needlessly trying to show off to his family in the crowd and it led to Reading goal.

FrankArsenal

I pretty much agree with No8_Wright. I also thought Eboue had a decent game. And I actually thought that today he was more looking like a RM, instead of a RB at RM. It's also hard for me to see why some people think Rosicky played better today. He may have made some goodpasses but he wasn't involved in the goals and wasn't a big threat to Readind either. I thought Eboue was better because he tried a few shots.

I also thought that Diarra looked really strong. I watched him closely when he came on. It seems like you can't get him of the ball (even though he's small) and wins a lot of balls... he sometimes tries to support the attack but stays back when needed. A very short outing, but did really well.

Almunia made one or two good saves too.

ibby

Established Member
FrankArsenal said:
I pretty much agree with No8_Wright. I also thought Eboue had a decent game. And I actually thought that today he was more looking like a RM, instead of a RB at RM. It's also hard for me to see why some people think Rosicky played better today. He may have made some goodpasses but he wasn't involved in the goals and wasn't a big threat to Readind either. I thought Eboue was better because he tried a few shots.

I also thought that Diarra looked really strong. I watched him closely when he came on. It seems like you can't get him of the ball (even though he's small) and wins a lot of balls... he sometimes tries to support the attack but stays back when needed. A very short outing, but did really well.

Almunia made one or two good saves too.

Did you see Adebayor's goal?

FrankArsenal

You're right, I'm wrong. I watched the game yesterday after I got home from work, I recorded it... a bit too late I guess.

As for the rest, I think the most things I said are spot on, but I should have analysed that goal more. My bad.

PS: I do think people tend to give Rosicky a higher rating than Eboue because he Little Mozart and because of Eboue's antics. I still think Rosicky wasn't better than Eboue yesterday

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Toure 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 6
Cesc 7
Flamini 8
Hleb 9
Rosicky 7