• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matchday Ratings, Slavia Prague/Arsenal

tam1886

Established Member
qs said:
Yeah the team generally were terrible but I thought Diarra deserved huge credit because he played well despite his team mates being so poor.
I'd agree. I don't like to criticise individual players when the whole team hasn't performed, but from what I seen of it Diarra looked one of the best out there. Any time I seen him lose the ball he snapped straight back in to win it back, and his hunger and desire is a great addition to out team. There has been a lot said about how we have toughened up and aren't bullied any more, which is true but I still think we don't have the players to dish it back out. Fabregas and Flamini are good in that thy don't take it lying down and fight back, but Diarra might provide us with the agreesiveness we lack to actually get in their faces and give it back to them. He's one tough character.

ricky1985

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
ricky1985 said:
My Rating's;

Gilberto - 5. Didnt look like he wanted to be there. When he stopped because he wanted a free-kick and they nearly scored, so unlike him. He is gone in January.

:bash

How do you reckon he played then?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It seriously looked like we were going for a draw.
One good thing I can take away from this is that I doubt we could hold off a team like Slavia Prague away to a nil nil draw in our previous seasons.
People say "Arsenal cant do this and that, we only know one way, and can't grind out results through scrappy displays". Then when we do it, everyone says "Arsenal not looking as good as Man U, not scoring" etc.
That makes two games in a row we have walked away with some sort of result despite not playing our greatest.

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 7
Diarra 7
Gallas 7
Song 7
Clichy 6
Theo 4
Denilson 5
Gilberto 6
Diaby 4
Eduardo 4
Bendtner 6

Sorry to be so harsh, but we were really ****e.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Almunia 7
Diarra 7
Gallas 7
Song 7
Clichy 6
Theo 4
Denilson 5
Gilberto 6
Diaby 4
Eduardo 4
Bendtner 6

Sorry to be so harsh, but we were really s***e.

You're not harsh.

We always tend to overrate our players.

A 7 corresponds to a good game. So logically a 3 should correspond to a bad game. I feel Theo deserved a 3 for example.

Wenger14

Established Member
Almunia-6
Diarra-7
Gallas-6
Song-5
Clichy-6
Walcott-4
Denilson-4
Gilberto-5
Diaby-3
Eduardo-3
Bandtner-5

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom