• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matt Jarvis

Don Pacifico

Established Member
And in what looks to be a busy January for Arsène Wenger, they are also trailing Gillingham's 20-year-old striker Matthew Jarvis, along with rivals Tottenham. (Sunday Express)

Firstly who?
Secondly is he any good?
Finally, is it likely?(No)

Conclusion, we have probably just scouted him, but are not actually going to sign him, any questions?

wengerboy

Established Member
theres proberly hundreds of players we scout and some get into the news but it dosnt mean we are strongly interested in them

Clarkey

I think Jarvis could be more likely than people have been giving the story credit for. Rumour is that Steve Rowley went to the Millwall game in the league as he was around the area at the time for a family gathering. Matty Jarvis had arguably his best game in a Gillingham shirt, and inspired the win and thus Rowley went home raving about Matty.

Matty is a 20 year old winger come striker born in Middlesborough. He came thrugh Gillingham's youth set up and has been getting rave reviews all the way through the system, and truely is Gillinghams key asset. Whether he is good enough for Arsenal at the present moment in time, I'd have to say no but he is definately at least Lower Premiership club, High Championship club level, and has incredible potential to improve to the higher level. He is a typical Wenger style player, he is adpt on the wing, can play in the centre, and plays up front in the hole. He has pace, good range of passing, great dribbling ability and a hefty shot on him, but most importantly the techinique of the lad is superb. Matty has more than enough about him to get into a league where the likes of the over rated Stewart Downing get rave reviews.

For one million I'd be snapping Gillingham's hands off, and whoever gets Matty in the end I forsee recieving some vast benefits. Most importantly, Matty's contract runs out at the end of tis season, so Wenger could snap him up and just pay the tribunal fee.

Nutsy

Established Member
Re: Apparently we're after Mathew Jarvis...

Don Pacifico said:
And in what looks to be a busy January for Arsène Wenger, they are also trailing Gillingham's 20-year-old striker Matthew Jarvis, along with rivals Tottenham. (Sunday Express)

Firstly who?
Secondly is he any good?
Finally, is it likely?(No)

Conclusion, we have probably just scouted him, but are not actually going to sign him, any questions?

Matthew Jarvis - heard about the guy, but never actually seen him play. Apparently he's the club's (Gillingham FC) top scorer with 7 goals in the Football league One season 2005/2006. My thoughts on this guy, I doubt that AW will be intrested in him, as we have enough strikers that are good. Give Theo Walcott a chance, he already made his debut, & he's good. at such a young age.so, It's just a brushing rumour. i doubt, AW will sign him.

kiko11

For me 7 goals in league 1 isn't great if we are looking at young players why don't we just use theo or ali a bit more

KY

Established Member
another striker? i think we have more than enough options up front to put even real madrid to shame without another striker signing ( although our options are all much younger and less proven)

Clarkey

He is more of a winger and that is his favoured position. He is playing currently upfront because Gillingham lack strikers at the moment, and because he is in form and versatile. Mocking his scoring record when he isn't an out and out striker is wrong.

Clarkey

His name is Matthew, and he is a winger come striker. Coincidently I have just seen him outside Priestfield Stadium, on my walk back home.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
I think Wenger has been looking for another left-winger so that we have more variation, which is why I think we have been linked to quite a few wingers recently. In the end, we'll probably just buy Naismith as we've shown the most interest in him, therfore this rumour is pretty much defunct in my mind.

Ratinho

Established Member
kiko11 said:
For me 7 goals in league 1 isn't great if we are looking at young players why don't we just use theo or ali a bit more

If we weren't constantly looking for young players and new talent, we might not have Theo or Ali.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom