• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalFever

I can get on board. We can get good money for him. I'd be more pressed if we didn't have young midfielders already at the club with promise.

I've got one eye on Miguel Azeez back there. He's not ready IMO but he isn't that far away. In fact, like Guendouzi, it is only tactically where he needs work. Physically and technically, he's ready right now and still only 17. One issue he has is that for a player of his stature and skill, he's not as dominant as I'd like him to be and sometimes he drifts. He's definitely someone who could be a long term #6 though, he is a huge Busquets fan and could play a similar role despite also having the capacity as a B2B #8 style player.

There's another kid behind him in Charlie Patino who's even further off but is also HUGELY promising, and he appears to have greater tactical awareness. Not even mentioned Matt Smith - will be harder for him but he is the best passer.

I think we'll sell AMN aswell and that would free up more funds and more spaces.

So we do have young up-and-comers ready to usurp that spot, one of whom we could also flip for funds. So I think we can eat a Guendouzi loss a lot easier than people realise. Only annoying thing will be if he does well (and I'm sure he will), people will cry like they cry every couple of months about Gnabry instead of moving on. I predict Azeez will make a huge leap in his absence.
I think Catalin Cirjan has wat it takes.

Impact

Established Member
In the modern game midfielders that do what Guendouzi does are not that hard to find. He has a lot of potential and can be very good but if we get offered in and around £40 million in this market and he does not want to stay then you take it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Catalin Cirjan has wat it takes.
I think his future could be slightly higher up the field. He's got a sweet strike and very quick feet. Very comfortable technically. Not out of the question but he's one I'm excited to see develop. Similar to Ben Cottrell - going under the radar.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
gdz.png

:lol: How times change.

blaze_of_glory

Just read that the Athletic was reporting about his attitude issues and that he was a good candidate for being sold a few weeks back. Was that ever posted here?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just read that the Athletic was reporting about his attitude issues and that he was a good candidate for being sold a few weeks back. Was that ever posted here?
It wasn't but I also read it. I brushed it off at the time but obviously the extent to which his attitude issues are affecting his time at the club obviously was something we all underestimated.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we get Partey and somebody else in midfield after getting 30m from Guendouzi then take it and move on. It'll make our midfield better that's what important because let's be clear our midfield is poverty

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

??? How are people imagining us getting 40m for him?

If you look at the young midfielders of our main rivals I think it’s fair value.

Likes of Declan Rice gonna go for a lot more for doing a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom