• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

GoonerJay24

Let us not forget that Mourinho, who has the habit of humiliating Wenger and made Arsenal a laughing stock several times, is now the Spud's gaffer. Arsenal winning against a Mourinho team is like a bum winning a lottery. Almost certainly not happening.

Mourinho back to his magical ways, Spuds in form with Kane and Son scoring goals for fun while Arsenal becoming or has become this Premier League season's laughing stock, I expect nothing but a battering and an utter humiliation, anyone who thinks otherwise is DELUSIONAL...
7-1 to the Spuds.

That is subjective. Obviously Mourinho had a slightly better winning record but they drew many games against eachother.
Personally, I always felt Wenger's class made Mourinho the laughing stock.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@HairSprayGooners again posting like a crack whore. Preferred it when he only came out during transfer windows and posted crappy wish list formations like a 12 year old inbred.

Bro you're from Birmingham. Not sure you have any right to be calling people crack whores or even more specifically, inbreds. I know you're a bit broken, I can see it in your posts. Always here bro.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ferguson out spent Wenger by 11 times over the 1996 to 2012, our stupid fans constantly comparing the two and finding Arsenal wanting just never understood how football works.

Hmm while that may be true, it’s massively skewed by the Tevez and Berbatov deals. Some of his best signings weren’t exactly bank breakers - Vidic cost £7m, Van Der Sar cost £2m, Évra cost £5.5m, Carrick cost £14m.

Carrick was heavily linked with us before he joined Sp**s.

The problem with Wenger was taking shortcuts around the defensive spine of the team, but splashing the cash on the likes of Arshavin.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Hmm while that may be true, it’s massively skewed by the Tevez and Berbatov deals. Some of his best signings weren’t exactly bank breakers - Vidic cost £7m, Van Der Sar cost £2m, Évra cost £5.5m, Carrick cost £14m.

Carrick was heavily linked with us before he joined Sp**s.

The problem with Wenger was taking shortcuts around the defensive spine of the team, but splashing the cash on the likes of Arshavin.
Not disagreeing with that. He was all about attack. But what a strategy, and it worked. If you can’t afford to furnish all positions with only £8m spend between 2004 and 2013, to get Champions League every year is beyond ridiculous.

Jack badmon

Not disagreeing with that. He was all about attack. But what a strategy, and it worked. If you can’t afford to furnish all positions with only £8m spend between 2004 and 2013, to get Champions League every year is beyond ridiculous.

But we did **** all in the CL in that time so what was the point? Same reason I wouldn’t want us qualifying now because we would get embarrassed.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

But we did **** all in the CL in that time so what was the point? Same reason I wouldn’t want us qualifying now because we would get embarrassed.
:lol: Yeah, getting to the last 16 of CL every year was humiliating. Lets have bottom half of table obscurity, games against the likes of Dundalk and the pundits saying ‘Arsenal will probably stay up”. Yeah that’s much better.

Jack badmon

:lol: Yeah, getting to the last 16 of CL every year was humiliating. Lets have bottom half of table obscurity, games against the likes of Dundalk and the pundits saying ‘Arsenal will probably stay up”. Yeah that’s much better.

How about I don’t want either scenario? Anyway seems you’re on the wind up so I won’t give you any more bait.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Getting pumped by Bayern and Barca after the group stages was absolutely embarrassing. I think you quickly forget those nights. Id rather we rebuilt up to something better by going through tough times now. Instead of staying in the same hamster wheel of scraping 4th, same point tally every season no matter how much money we spent.

Wenger was a genius at getting 70-75 points, but that was his ceiling no matter what happened. That's the facts.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Getting pumped by Bayern and Barca after the group stages was absolutely embarrassing. I think you quickly forget those nights. Id rather we rebuilt up to something better by going through tough times now. Instead of staying in the same hamster wheel of scraping 4th, same point tally every season no matter how much money we spent.

Wenger was a genius at getting 70-75 points, but that was his ceiling no matter what happened. That's the facts.
too much crack? yeah okay

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The fact that we have to use class as a factor in the rivalry between Wenger and Mourinho just shows how one sided it was. Mourinho cracked Wengers invincibles in his first season and lorded it over the man from then on. His head to head record against Mourinho was so bad I don’t think it was ever a real contest.
:lol::lol::lol: And he didn’t need any of Abramovic’s £1.2bn to do it either.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
:lol::lol::lol: And he didn’t need any of Abramovic’s £1.2bn to do it either.

:lol::lol::lol: The Chelsea squad he took over and used to crack the invincibles didn’t cost that much and he had only 1 season to work with them. It went down too easily. Look at Fergie winning leagues against City and Chelsea who had a significant financial advantage over him.:lol::lol::lol:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
:lol::lol::lol: The Chelsea squad he took over and used to crack the invincibles didn’t cost that much and he had only 1 season to work with them. It went down too easily. Look at Fergie winning leagues against City and Chelsea who had a significant financial advantage over him.:lol::lol::lol:
are you for real?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

**** off with your nonsense. :lol: Chelsea spent £152m in 03/04 and another £149m in 04/05. That was a sh!t load of money for those days.

Somebody needs to vet all you Sp**s infiltrates.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Is this the same Ferguson who bought Ferdinand and Rooney for record fees at the time?

Not to mention the big fees for Cole, Yorke, Veron to name a few. Let us not rewrite history and pretend that United were the little engine that could going up against big bad City and Chelsea.

Atlas

**** off with your nonsense. :lol: Chelsea spent £152m in 03/04 and another £149m in 04/05. That was a sh!t load of money for those days.

Somebody needs to vet all you Sp**s infiltrates.

Nobody said they didn’t spend big. My point is that our invincibles should not have folded in the first Mourinho season. Did we not have a better team and the benefit of having played together and been coached by the same manager for a longer time?

**** off with the Sp**s stuff if you don’t want to debate don’t tag me.

Atlas

Is this the same Ferguson who bought Ferdinand and Rooney for record fees at the time?

Not to mention the big fees for Cole, Yorke, Veron to name a few. Let us not rewrite history and pretend that United were the little engine that could going up against big bad City and Chelsea.

And the Arsenal invincibles should have been able to compete with Mourinhos Chelsea instead of folding in his first season and never being seen again.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom