• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibra

Established Member
I've enjoyed having him here and rate him as a player but I honestly think we won't be worse off if he goes. In fact I hope he does

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Goodbye my sweet prince, i'll never enjoy football like I did when you played, magical and majestic.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A close friend of Özil revealed: “Mesut has not had any contract offer from Arsenal. There were talks about a modest pay rise last season but all those talks ended in March. There’s been nothing since then.

"At the time there was uncertainty over Arsène Wenger’s future so the conversations stopped.

“He has not been offered £300,000 a week — in fact, he has no offers on the table from Arsenal or any other club.

“And he is not seeking to become the highest-paid player in the Premier League. That’s not his aim.”

But Özil’s pal insisted: “Mesut is adamant he has never spoken to any player about going to Manchester United.

“He has no idea if United want him but he wants to stay at Arsenal. Look, he just bought a new house in London.

“Mesut had been renting but he decided to buy a house because he both expects and wants to stay.

“But he is angry that people are briefing against him and feels there seems to be some sort of campaign against him. His intention has always been to remain at Arsenal.

“Mesut, though, does feel he is being isolated and kept in the dark. He is worried that there is a game going on and he is left in the middle of it.”

http://bit.ly/2yXhxTh

The fake news media at it again.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
A close friend of Özil revealed: “Mesut has not had any contract offer from Arsenal. There were talks about a modest pay rise last season but all those talks ended in March. There’s been nothing since then.

"At the time there was uncertainty over Arséne Wenger’s future so the conversations stopped.

“He has not been offered £300,000 a week — in fact, he has no offers on the table from Arsenal or any other club.

“And he is not seeking to become the highest-paid player in the Premier League. That’s not his aim.”

But Özil’s pal insisted: “Mesut is adamant he has never spoken to any player about going to Manchester United.

“He has no idea if United want him but he wants to stay at Arsenal. Look, he just bought a new house in London.

“Mesut had been renting but he decided to buy a house because he both expects and wants to stay.

“But he is angry that people are briefing against him and feels there seems to be some sort of campaign against him. His intention has always been to remain at Arsenal.

“Mesut, though, does feel he is being isolated and kept in the dark. He is worried that there is a game going on and he is left in the middle of it.”

I must say this is more in line with what we know he has said this season, but I should like to know if this 'close friend' was talking before or after Özil was dropped for the Watford game

blaze_of_glory

"At the time there was uncertainty over Arséne Wenger’s future so the conversations stopped.

Would be a lot more believable if it weren't the Sun. But yeah it does line up with his comments a few months ago.

Linson

We're turning into a joke club.

Let's fast forward to January / end of season.

Walcott to Everton
Giroud transfer request
Özil to Man Utd
Sanchez to city
Mertesacker retires
Mustafi to Inter Milan
Oxlade-Chamberlain remains unreplaced
Koscielny perma-injured
Debuchy out

This is turning into a circus. Not only are we going to have a huge shopping list, we also have to contend with the fact that we can't retain our only world class players through an abstract failing of ambition, which is a much more significant long term issue.

Özil going to Utd is the ultimate insult.

* I'm not insinuating Walcott is world class...

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Unknown sauce from The Sun or John "MVP" Cross.
It's an easy answer whom I believe more.
It's clearly a case what anyone wants to believe more... 'Unknown sauce from The Sun' (Mesuts mate, Dave) has never been more significant :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wouldnt it make sense to have this thread merged with the other Özil thread? MODS
No, the thread in Arsenal Talk is for his performances on the pitch, this is for his potential transfer.

Özil will leave behind him 3 FA Cup trophies. That is more than many can say! I'm so thankful for his successful time here!

Thanks for everything Özil!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom