• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

Yes. Let's talk about his standout performances for Arsenal in the last two years. I'm maybe up to two fingers. One can only imagine where those fingers point with such patronising, holier than thou posters on this forum.
What does he actually offer us in relation to the wages he is paid apart from brag, snydy undermining of the former manager and weird political opinions?
He isn't and can't be the player we need him to be on the pitch and is HIGHLY contentious off it. We are treading water largely due to him alongwith a lot of the signings from the latter wenger/emery era. They all need to be eased out and replaced unfortunately and this will take time. He is calling it in every week and should be the first out ASAP for his wages and controversial character alone.

Probs get more respect when talking about player performances if you didnt have xhaka as your photo

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This would be a great point if you wasnt using it as a giant strawman or to point out a human being a hypocrite (Shock horror)

The point stands. If his position is to selectively care/support certain groups of people being persecuted or slaughtered by a political regime then he should expect to get stick because of it, especially when the bloke he had as witness at his wedding regularly does it. But we all know why he doesn’t say a word about Erdogan and that’s to protect his and his family’s interests.

Özil’s moral compass is as inconsistent as his performances on the pitch.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Özil did the right thing but it puts Arsenal in a tough position. Say what you will but it’s naive to expect a Western company to make enemies of China because that’s a massive market with over a billion people. Disney change their entire movies to be more palatable to a Chinese audience because that’s where the money is. Capitalism has never care about people dying.

Pepes blue pill

The point stands. If his position is to selectively care/support certain groups of people being persecuted or slaughtered by a political regime then he should expect to get stick because of it, especially when the bloke he had as witness at his wedding regularly does it. But we all know why he doesn’t say a word about Erdogan and that’s to protect his and his family’s interests.

Özil’s moral compass is as inconsistent as his performances on the pitch.

Again its a giant strawman, its the lowest form of debate

And yes you are correct and no its doesnt make his point about what china is doing any less valid

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
And hard to respect someone who calls English people "little englanders" but still claims to support an English club or is it just Özil you come for? If so do one.

shootxhakashoot

reported me but then called me a bellend, u aint too smart are ya sunshine :lol::lol::lol:
"You"started it with your insult so that's really not very smart either. (" u" and "aint'" also isn't very smart,) but given your comments I understand the English language might be hard for you sonny jim....

Pepes blue pill

And hard to respect someone who calls English people "little englanders" but still claims to support an English club or is it just Özil you come for? If so do one.

I am English, the fact you are upset by the term "little englanders" just you are one of them or dont understand what is meant by the term

and :lol::lol::lol::lol: talking about respect

shootxhakashoot

Özil the player cannot perform to the level required of Arsenal football club and is no longer able to perform to the level required to play for Germany. I'm sure he will show up against Man City later this afternoon and prove me wrong with his energetic, determined performance leading our team to victory. That's if the powers that be don't insist he is dropped for bringing the club into disrepute again, just like with the German NT.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Alright, I think everyone has said their piece on the Özil/China situation. Maybe we should get back to discussing Özil the footballer and his performances now.

I havent!

China/turkey are the same ilk

Özil doesnt come out of this smelling like a Rose
+ Him leaving Buddy Kola behind

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom