• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
What are you talking about, we just lost a dead rubber a few days after beating City in an FA cup semi, straight after beating Liverpool.. without him. He's not playing because the manager thinks he shouldn't play. That's it.
We also lost against Brighton, lost against Tottenham, drew against Leicester? Were those also dead rubbers? If we had won those games we would be in contention for CL football... now I'm not saying we would've won if he had played, but our chances would be significantly better if we had at least another option from the bench.

No one is saying he should play every game but games like today, he can make a big difference.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Glad this thread got a bump by a few of his chode army--at least now we can't be accused of being obsessed with him or whatever...

Yeah.. he's jank and he's done here. Watching his Arsenal career die a slow death will be nice. Watching us win the FA cup while he's sat at home should be the final nail in the box.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We also lost against Brighton, lost against Tottenham, drew against Leicester? Were those also dead rubbers? If we had won those games we would be in contention for CL football... now I'm not saying we would've won if he had played, but our chances would be significantly better if we had at least another option from the bench.

No one is saying he should play every game but games like today, he can make a big difference.
I wouldn't mind having him as an option--the more the merrier. But I certainly wont moan about it just because we lost to Villa, and particularly if Arteta--who watches him every day--says he isn't ready for one reason or another.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

The manager has determined that he isn't of the required level to start in this team currently.

Don't know what you're crying about.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm sure a more detailed explanation will emerge soonish... but meanwhile, I think as supporters of Arteta, we should accept what he says as a genuine explanation and just forget about him until he's selected again.

Dj_sds -

He contributed to 3 goals in 18 games. I highly doubt he would have made a big difference.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The manager has determined that he isn't of the required level to start in this team currently.

Don't know what you're crying about.
The manager was fine with his level pre-Covid. It literally has nothing to do with football, his wages are what's blocking him from playing.

Anyway no one is saying he should start games or feature in every game but he could've at least been an option off the bench instead of Matt Smith, who hasn't featured any time he's been included.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He contributed to 3 goals in 18 games. I highly doubt he would have made a big difference.
Özil's contributions go beyond just goals/assists, he connects the midfield and attack like no current Arsenal player can. Arteta knows that, which is why he was heavily featured before being asked to take a pay cut.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Yeah and then Arteta campaigned for the whole squad to take a pay cut and Özil said no. Arteta is big on buying into the project and everyone coming together so it’s quite obvious why he has binned him.

Complete bull if Arteta expected him to take a pay cut to bail out our multi-billionaire owner. He signed a contract and he has every right to expect Arsenal to honour it. **** Kroenke. He should put up some money for once.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Tir Na Nog right now...

0b6bcbe9ca73828c01a74707227de69c

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil's contributions go beyond just goals/assists, .
His fans keep been going around mentioning Özil's assist record but when it's challenged the argument suddenly becomes "but his game is more than assist"

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil's contributions go beyond just goals/assists, he connects the midfield and attack like no current Arsenal player can. Arteta knows that, which is why he was heavily featured before being asked to take a pay cut.
Do you honestly believe Arteta, a manager who you say really likes Mesut, is letting the club decide whether he should be available to play?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Complete bull if Arteta expected him to take a pay cut to bail out our multi-billionaire owner. He signed a contract and he has every right to expect Arsenal to honour it. **** Kroenke. He should put up some money for once.

Every other player did. The executives did. Özil is the odd one out.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
His fans keep been going around mentioning Özil's assist record but when it's challenged the argument suddenly becomes "but his game is more than assist"
What are you trying to prove, that Özil wasn't an elite playmaker in his career? Of course his assist rate isn't as good anymore, he has declined as a player, and been in and out of the team due to being dropped/injured.

Özil's strength has always been his creativity, close up control, his link up play, his assists. He doesn't have the assist factor as much anymore, but still helps any team with his creativity, close control, link up play. These things may not show up in the goals/assists charts but they help a team score goals and be a good attacking side.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Do you honestly believe Arteta, a manager who you say really likes Mesut, is letting the club decide whether he should be available to play?
Yes because Arteta has bosses. Arteta is a 1st time manager managing one of the biggest clubs in the world. He knows he’s lucky to have this job. With his experience, he wouldn’t even get a sniff at the Aston Villa job. That’s not to say that I don’t think he’s doing a good job. I just want to emphasise he doesn’t have the CV for the Arsenal job and is lucky the owners are taking a chance on him.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Every other player making that decision is their prerogative. This doesn’t mean that it’s fair to expect someone to suddenly take a pay cut just because it’s convenient for a multi-billionaire owner who owns 100% of the club and therefore retains 100% of the economic value of the club. Why should other people shoulder the burden for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom